Poohbah
Crook32 has no updates.

My Mood: EEO investigation for discrimination

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default EEO investigation for discrimination

Has anyone been successful in winning a discrimination investigation against their employer based on mental illness? I am just starting the process and it is so intimidating. It is me against the world or at least that is how it feels. I have a few strong examples that help my case but in things like this it is mostly circumstantial evidence. I know they are going to lie. I am doing a timeline and marking important events. But during this time between depression and ECT my memory is Swiss cheese.
Crook32 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
26.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: EEO investigation for discrimination

I'm so sorry, Crook32 I imagine it must be very scary for you. Please don't give up. It seems like you're handling all of this pretty well. Just keep doing what you're doing. Try to do your best like you're already doing. That's all you can do. I hope you'll win this one. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you'll get out of it ok. Is your lawyer good? I think that's important. Is there anything we can do to help you? Please let us know. Feel free to PM me anytime. Let me know if I can do something to help you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
bluebicycle
Elder

bluebicycle Supar kitteh

3 yr Member
17 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

What are your strong examples?

If you haven't done so already, you should copy-paste important emails into one Word document so that they're all together and you can collect your thoughts better. Then when the time comes, you'll be organized enough that you can point the judge to the actual emails you want him/her to read.
bluebicycle is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
Crook32
Poohbah
Crook32 has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
What are your strong examples?

If you haven't done so already, you should copy-paste important emails into one Word document so that they're all together and you can collect your thoughts better. Then when the time comes, you'll be organized enough that you can point the judge to the actual emails you want him/her to read.

Why would I willingly drop off of projects that was 40-50% of my coverage for about a decade. I worked with him for a decade and we were a great team. I would only do that if the treatment was really bad for me to give that up. Plus his projects were usually the most interesting. His actions never fit his words. He changed when I got back from the hospital. He gave me bad reviews all the sudden but kept me in the most crucial roles on the projects. He would also comment on how hard my stuff was and that he couldnít do it. So his actions and words were incongruent. He blamed me for everything. Like equipment arriving broken or my laptop dying. Things I couldnít control.

My psychiatrist recommended using the work IPhone because the depression and ECT messed with my memory. I needed it to document things with notes and pictures and research things. They started rumors that I was playing around on the phone and not working. I wasnít on the phone anymore than anyone else but they still singled me out and harassed me about it. I was even told that even though I was using it for work I couldnít use it. So I was being singled out. If it was as bad as they said why did they not just take it away?
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #5
~Christina
Legendary

~Christina has no updates.

5 yr Member
5,290 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

While this is ongoing continue to find a new job. Those cases can take years to be looked at properly.

I agree with Blue about how to document things.
~Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 01:23 AM   #6
skiguy18
skiguy18 has no updates.

31 hugs
given

I have one of the cases right now. They progress very slowly.
skiguy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-16-2019, 04:11 AM   #7
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

2 yr Member
26.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

How are you doing, Crook32? I hope you're feeling a bit better. How is the investigation going? I'm so sorry you're gong through all of this. It must be very hard for you. I hope things will get better soon for you and your family. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-19-2019, 11:16 PM   #8
Bipolarchic14
Grand Member
Bipolarchic14 has no updates.

5 yr Member
161 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I won a work place discrimination case with my last employer. Documenting specific dates of incidences with witnesses, actions you took to resolve the issues and collecting correspondences is important. Also be prepared to tell them what you are out financially with documentation. For me, it was providing a huge list of therapy bills for them to pay me back. Stating you would like money for pain and suffering and then not having therapy bills or something of that nature to prove it, will not cut it. Additionally you have to prove the discrimination is in relation to a mental illness specifically covered by the eeo. Good luck with your case.
Bipolarchic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 05:59 AM   #9
Crook32
Poohbah
Crook32 has no updates.

5 yr Member
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolarchic14 View Post
I won a work place discrimination case with my last employer. Documenting specific dates of incidences with witnesses, actions you took to resolve the issues and collecting correspondences is important. Also be prepared to tell them what you are out financially with documentation. For me, it was providing a huge list of therapy bills for them to pay me back. Stating you would like money for pain and suffering and then not having therapy bills or something of that nature to prove it, will not cut it. Additionally you have to prove the discrimination is in relation to a mental illness specifically covered by the eeo. Good luck with your case.

Good to know it is possible to win. They copied my computer last night. We have a letter we are going to send asking to settle the case. I havenít listed my demands yet but I am not really looking for some huge pay out. Mainly I just want to be paid back what I have spent and to be transferred. Maybe a little for pain and suffering. But it is not like I am being unreasonable and asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I mean a transfer kind of sucks for me because I love my job it is just like 5 people that make it unbearable.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #10
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

2 yr Member
26.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm so sorry, Crook32 I hope things will go well for you! I agree that your request doesn't seem unreasonable at all. It is your right to do that, after all. I hope you'll win! I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. It must be very hard for you. Don't worry, it will be over. Let's hope for the best. I hope things will get better soon for you. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this