Old 02-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #491
jmariah001

jmariah001 Hoping to go to IOP today.

My Mood: Bipolar Check-In Thread #32

10 yr Member
2 hugs
given
Default Re: Bipolar Check-In Thread #32

Starting marriage counseling later today. I don't have much hope that it will change anything. Haven't been happy for awhile now. My husband is verbally and emotionally abusive. I just want to cry. 16 years is enough for me. I don't know how to tell him it's over. I'm afraid he will hurt himself if I leave. That's one of the reasons I haven't left yet. My p-doc wants me to leave. She is worried for my safety. I don't think he would ever hit me. But his anger is scary at times. All IOP has done is open my eyes to how unhappy I am with my marriage. It seems like everyone in the group is having some sort of relationship issue. He is the reason I am in IOP. Otherwise I would of ended up IP. Sometimes I wonder if I should be IP. It would get me away from him for a while. What to do?

advertisement
Old 02-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #492
BeyondtheRainbow
Elder

BeyondtheRainbow has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,865 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

My little cold turned into a nasty sore throat and aggravated asthma. I've spent the last days in bed trying to rest my way back to health. I may have to give in and go to doctor tomorrow or the next day But it's not that bad and the doctor is a long way (an hour) from my nice warm bed.

My sleep is all messed up and has been for a few weeks. Tonight I fell asleep at 10 even though I fought it. I woke at 11:30 and am wide awake. I knew that would happen if I fell asleep early.

Oh well. There's only up from this point.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #493
Pookyl
Grand Member

Pookyl Im high and Im low, no control but everythings looking peach now

44 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
The prune filling (povidla in Czech, lekvar in Hungarian) is an acquired taste
I agree itís an acquired taste. Blagh! My parents are from Europe and every Christmas my mum and aunts make hundreds of prune filled coffee cakes. Thankfully the other goodies make up for it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 AM   #494
Guiness187055
Grand Magnate

Guiness187055 Is sedated

2 yr Member
689 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookyl View Post
I agree itís an acquired taste. Blagh! My parents are from Europe and every Christmas my mum and aunts make hundreds of prune filled coffee cakes. Thankfully the other goodies make up for it.

I hate prunes with a passion
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 12:34 AM   #495
AspiringAuthor
Veteran Member
AspiringAuthor has no updates.

317 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
The prune filling (povidla in Czech, lekvar in Hungarian)
Interesting. "Povidla" in Russian is a generic term for any thick fruit filling (or spread for that matter) - my favorite growing up was plum povidla, a little acidic with intact thin plum skins and some pulp retaining its shape.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 01:21 AM   #496
VerMOZZica
Wise Elder

VerMOZZica Just can`t find her place in this world

8 yr Member
416 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Today was not that great for me. I couldn`t get out of bed I finally got out of bed to eat at around 1 in the afternoon. I ate then went back to bed and stayed there until I got up to take a shower . It`s been like this lately I have a hard time getting out of bed. I have difficulty with getting motivated to do anything. It`s my depression I know.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:37 AM   #497
Wander
Grand Magnate

Wander exists in a dualistic state...

3 yr Member
1,999 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I saw my pdoc an hour ago. He is pleased with my progress. As acne almost gone only issues were sleep and high blood pressure. He increased my nightly Seroquel to 75mg and recommended I see my general practitioner about BP. If needed there are meds I can take but I REALLY hope it doesnít get to that. My pdoc said at least for now I must remain on Geodon (most likely cause) since itís the first med that has ever stabilised me and crushed psychosis.

I also donít want to increase Seroquel. On 50mg I tend to get 3-5 hours max so I see his point, and without it I just donít sleep. Tried other meds. Nothing works. I just donít want to put on weight. Havenít really so far but in the past higher doses packed it on.

The good bit was the conversation we had about my psychosis and his experience of it, as well as mine of course. He is a great doctor who genuinely cares about me. He clearly went above and beyond to help me come back to reality and basically stay alive while IP. It strengthened our therapeutic bond. I am lucky to have him.

See my T tomorrow. Iím sure it will go well too.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:37 AM   #498
Pookyl
Grand Member

Pookyl Im high and Im low, no control but everythings looking peach now

44 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wander View Post
I saw my pdoc an hour ago. He is pleased with my progress. As acne almost gone only issues were sleep and high blood pressure. He increased my nightly Seroquel to 75mg and recommended I see my general practitioner about BP. If needed there are meds I can take but I REALLY hope it doesnít get to that. My pdoc said at least for now I must remain on Geodon (most likely cause) since itís the first med that has ever stabilised me and crushed psychosis.

I also donít want to increase Seroquel. On 50mg I tend to get 3-5 hours max so I see his point, and without it I just donít sleep. Tried other meds. Nothing works. I just donít want to put on weight. Havenít really so far but in the past higher doses packed it on.

The good bit was the conversation we had about my psychosis and his experience of it, as well as mine of course. He is a great doctor who genuinely cares about me. He clearly went above and beyond to help me come back to reality and basically stay alive while IP. It strengthened our therapeutic bond. I am lucky to have him.

See my T tomorrow. Iím sure it will go well too.
Try not to worry about Seroquel. Itís weight neutral for some including me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #499
Nammu
Crone

Nammu has no updates.

Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
8 yr Member
26.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Mum liked the cake I made her. I made it last night after she went to bed. Spice with cream cheese frosting and M&M's for decorations. My oldest sister and BiL are coming for lunch today and we'll celebrate mums 91st birthday.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #500
hopeless2015
Grand Magnate
hopeless2015 has no updates.

3 yr Member
64 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Doing ok, I had Friday off and came back to work yesterday and found out about two **** ups I made..uggg. It turned out fine but ****!! Anyway work is busy and I like that, keep finding out about new things that I haven't been trained on but I love learning new things so it's all good.

Hugs to all Bipolar Check-In Thread #32
Closed Thread