Grand Magnate

Wander exists in a dualistic state...

My Mood: Bipolar Check-In Thread #32

3 yr Member
1,945 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Bipolar Check-In Thread #32

First nigh without Seroquel. fell asleep finally at 5 am ash. Tried to get up at 8am but couldn't move. Slept on and off till 11 am. A good start I think. Just need to move the get up time back to around 6am.

'Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads' Snow Patrol

https://youtu.be/GemKqzILV4w
Wander is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #312
Innerzone
Elder

Innerzone Ugh. BDD really does a number on me.

8 yr Member
20.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Just hung out in comfy clothes and drew yesterday. Some parts turned out like I wanted, but the most important part, not so much, lol. I'm getting my chops back after about 35 years not doing my best thing. It's good to be "back to myself".

Today is work. Don't really want to go. Had a bit of a hard time waking up today, but that is probably good as I'm experimenting with what might *keep* me asleep for the amount of hours I'd like to sleep. Most current sleep pattern: falling asleep, no problem. Waking up too early, problem. Tried melatonin. Maybe helped a little(??) Last night tried gabapentin, which I'm supposed to be taking at night anyway (I've been skipping my night meds for some time now). It'll take more experimentation (and especially when I have enough hours available to get a proper amount of sleep) to know if it helps. I was getting good sleep for awhile there, maybe that was part of it.

Hugs to all!! Especially those having a hard time.

ETA: first day wearing the new sneakers out of house. Feel great so far, hopefully I'll feel the same way at the end of the day, lol...
Bipolar Check-In Thread #32
Makes me sick to the heart, Oh I feel so tired. And the way the rain comes down hard, that's how I feel inside.
--The Cure

Last edited by Innerzone; 02-11-2019 at 08:46 AM..
Innerzone is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-11-2019, 08:33 AM   #313
bluebicycle
Elder

bluebicycle Supar kitteh

3 yr Member
17 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerzone View Post
Just hung out in comfy clothes and drew yesterday. Some parts turned out like I wanted, but the most important part, not so much, lol. I'm getting my chops back after about 35 years not doing my best thing. It's good to be "back to myself".

Today is work. Don't really want to go. Had a bit of a hard time waking up today, but that is probably good as I'm experimenting with what might *keep* me asleep for the amount of hours I'd like to sleep. Most current sleep pattern: falling asleep, no problem. Waking up too early, problem. Tried melatonin. Maybe helped a little(??) Last night tried gabapentin, which I'm supposed to be taking at night anyway (I've been skipping my night meds for some time now). It'll take more experimentation (and especially when I have enough hours available to get a proper amount of sleep) to know if it helps. I was getting good sleep for awhile there, maybe that was part of it.

Hugs to all!! Especially those having a hard time.
I love hanging out in comfy clothes, particularly sweatpants and oversized shirts. Then I sit under a plush blanket and read (or at least attempt to read, anyway) or mess around on my laptop. Usually the latter.

Sometimes I even go to therapy in sweatpants. lol. Probably not very adult like, but hey, theyíre comfy. At least I have sweatpants and NICE sweatpants (those $60 ones that I get on sale for $20-30 ish at Dickís Sporting Goods).
Old 02-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #314
BirdDancer
Grand Poohbah

BirdDancer has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I have my annual gynecological appointment. I'm not looking forward to it, but will get it over with. Then, of course, I'll have to get a mammogram. Ladies, have you had yours within the last 12 months?

I'm so glad that my husband doesn't mind doing dishes. I woke up to find a beautiful kitchen.

Tegretol XR generic (1200 mg)
Lamictal generic (100 mg)
Seroquel XR generic (550 mg)
Klonopin generic (0.5 mg)
Ativan generic (0.25 mg & hopefully soon just PRN up to 3 mg/day)

Others: Propranolol (40 mg), Synthroid (150 mcg), OTC multi-vitamin, OTC iron supplement (during periods)
BirdDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #315
bluebicycle
Elder

bluebicycle Supar kitteh

3 yr Member
17 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
I have my annual gynecological appointment. I'm not looking forward to it, but will get it over with. Then, of course, I'll have to get a mammogram. Ladies, have you had yours within the last 12 months?

I'm so glad that my husband doesn't mind doing dishes. I woke up to find a beautiful kitchen.
No, I havenít done a mammogram before, but Iím also 27. My lady dr feels them tho every time I go in for a physical. Not quite the same thing, I know, but I really ought to get them done since my grandma had a cancerous nodule that had to be surgically removed a while back.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #316
BirdDancer
Grand Poohbah

BirdDancer has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
No, I havenít done a mammogram before, but Iím also 27. My lady dr feels them tho every time I go in for a physical. Not quite the same thing, I know, but I really ought to get them done since my grandma had a cancerous nodule that had to be surgically removed a while back.
I think 40 years old is a usual age to start having mammograms, but your gynecologist will let you know when they suggest your first. I think the age varies according to gynecologist preference or breast exam results, or family history. I think I had a "baseline" at 38. It's not a big deal exam. [Not that uncomfortable.] They're important though. Many times they want to "double check" a result with more imaging or an ultrasound. That shouldn't immediate scare people.

I don't really have a family history of breast cancer. The only person in my family who had it was my grandfather's sister and she survived it. That was probably back in the 1970s.

Tegretol XR generic (1200 mg)
Lamictal generic (100 mg)
Seroquel XR generic (550 mg)
Klonopin generic (0.5 mg)
Ativan generic (0.25 mg & hopefully soon just PRN up to 3 mg/day)

Others: Propranolol (40 mg), Synthroid (150 mcg), OTC multi-vitamin, OTC iron supplement (during periods)

Last edited by BirdDancer; 02-11-2019 at 09:09 AM..
BirdDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #317
Jennifer 1967
Legendary

Jennifer 1967 has no updates.

3 yr Member
48.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Really depressed today. My life hasnít turned out the way I thought it would and Iím wondering how I got to this point....what even is the point? I guess many of the folks on this forum could say that though. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer today. Hopefully things will start looking up real soon.

I told all the people in my life that I need some space and that includes my daughter. First time Iíve ever done that but I need to be left alone for awhile. Iím in a really bad space. That doesnít apply to anyone on PC. You guys get it.

Warm wishes and hugs to all.
Jennifer 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #318
Daonnachd
Poohbah

Daonnachd ...

10 yr Member
1,515 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm going for a blood draw today. It's part of the annual physical & history that has to be done for anybody doing maintenance ECT.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #319
raging vortex
Cyclonic!.
Community Liaison
raging vortex has no updates.

5 yr Member
2,096 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

it's been a day of nothing

morning was spent waiting for an email that never arived (litirally waiting and doing nothing)

and afternoon was spent sitting on my bed watching reruns of la to vegas.

I did listen to some music too though

my favorite station from holand
raging vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #320
bluebicycle
Elder

bluebicycle Supar kitteh

3 yr Member
17 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Well, I canít reschedule my therapy appt, so Iím stuck with it.

It is NOT going to be fun driving there. Itís less than 15 mins from my apartment, but Iím going to leave an hour early in case someone causes an accident in the bad weather. Well, Iíll just have to dig my car out first. So maybe Iíll go outside at 6:15am to dig my car out of the 1 foot of snow. Shovel and roof cleaner thingy. Then Iíll leave by 6:45am to get to my 7:45am appt. it doesnít help that my car is ultra low to the ground. What a mess! At least thereís a highway I can take, but still... Oh, and then off to work after that appt... yay... NOT.

I wanted to take PTO/vacation tomorrow, but it doesnít seem likely. Iím better off going to work in the snow than having to move my car midday from my apartment complex lot and sit in a random parking lot for a few hours while they clean up. I mean, I have to do work either way, whether I go into the office or not. Neither choice is preferred, but I suppose work is the lesser of two evils. Canít afford to sit in a parking lot doing nothing for 3 hrs except play on my phone or whatever.