Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >



advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #521
spikes
Veteran Member
 
spikes's Avatar
spikes has no updates.
 
Member Since: Apr 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 534
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

138 hugs
given
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Dermatology appointment went fine yesterday. She injected me with a liquid steroid and, while my shoulder still looks frightening, I'm not screaming every time I bump into something or roll over in my sleep. I have a prescription to pick up later but of course there was some BS with the insurance so it's going to take some time.

I'm still depressed. I'm "hearing" thoughts that aren't mine. I kinda just want to be on US 50 in Nevada.

Edit: Figured the insurance BS with some help and picked up my Rx. Driving feels weird today for some reason. Maybe it's my car. The tires probably need air.
__________________
I'm due for a miracle
I'm waiting for a sign

Last edited by spikes; 01-11-2019 at 01:00 PM..
spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Old 01-11-2019, 09:09 AM   #522
Blue_Bird
Legendary
 
Blue_Bird's Avatar
Blue_Bird is ready for change!
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 15,133 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

5 yr Member
4,308 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Went out to the movies with some friends the other night, it was a lot of fun!

I had a headache for 2 days which finally went away. Only got 2 hours of sleep last night but I'm doing well overall.

The seroquel has been great. It seems to have helped my mood too even though I'm just taking 200mg every night for sleep. I'm already on a moodstabilizer but my mood is more level than it's been in a long time. I know it's sometimes used to augment other meds. I didn't realize how out of whack it's been until feeling better.

Haven't been hearing things lately, I'm happy about that. My mind isn't racing.

It's freezing outside. 13 degrees right now with a low of 9. I had to walk to the pharmacy earlier and I was completely frozen within a minute or two. I'm staying inside for the rest of the day and drinking cocoa with my cats.

I made it onto the deans list at my college for the fall semester, very proud of myself The spring semester starts on the 22nd.

Hope everyone is doing well
__________________


R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #523
BirdDancer
Grand Poohbah
 
BirdDancer's Avatar
BirdDancer has no updates.
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,672
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

5 yr Member
1,737 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

spikes, I'm glad the injection seems to have started to ease your shoulder discomfort. Hopefully you'll get the prescription med soon so it can be healed more asap. As for being in your desired place (US 50), a little healthy daydreaming may help with that.

Blue_Bird, so much great news from you! Congrats on the Dean's list and on finding relief from the Seroquel. I can totally imagine the Seroquel being helpful. I am a Seroquel fan. It's really been Seroquel (though Seroquel XR, in my case) that has made a real difference for me in recent years. Savor that cocoa! Sounds yummy
__________________
I have Bipolar type 1

Tegretol XR generic (1200 mg)
Lamictal generic (100 mg)
Seroquel XR generic (550 mg)
Klonopin generic (0.5 mg)
Ativan generic (0.25 mg & hopefully soon just PRN up to 3 mg/day)

Others: Propranolol (40 mg), Synthroid (150 mcg), OTC multi-vitamin, OTC iron supplement (during periods)
BirdDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #524
BirdDancer
Grand Poohbah
 
BirdDancer's Avatar
BirdDancer has no updates.
 
Member Since: Aug 2011
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,672
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

5 yr Member
1,737 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Yesterday wasn't really a bad day, but it was not as good as many days before it. Luckily this morning feels a little better. I hope I can feed this properly to keep it going.

I need to set some good health goals for myself. I won't choose hard to do things, just little things. Lately I've been drinking up to two glasses of wine each night at dinner. That's not good. I need to go back to my 1/2 glass or no glasses again. It would also be good for me to do any amount of walking. Even if it's just around the block. That doesn't have to be every day, but at least some days. I'm glad tomorrow is the weekend. Hubby will walk with me.

I see my therapist today. I'm going to ask to reduce my sessions to every other week instead of every week. That will not only save a little bit of money, but honestly, I'm not that happy with her. She's kind of nice, but is really ineffective. I think that at this moment, I could manage well with less therapy. I could use the saved co-pay money towards taking better care of my appearance. I've been delinquent about getting my hair cut and colored. I'm also due for eyebrow waxing. Way overdue. Sometimes when I go the technician tells me that. Oh well!
__________________
I have Bipolar type 1

Tegretol XR generic (1200 mg)
Lamictal generic (100 mg)
Seroquel XR generic (550 mg)
Klonopin generic (0.5 mg)
Ativan generic (0.25 mg & hopefully soon just PRN up to 3 mg/day)

Others: Propranolol (40 mg), Synthroid (150 mcg), OTC multi-vitamin, OTC iron supplement (during periods)
BirdDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #525
wildflowerchild25
Grand Magnate
 
wildflowerchild25's Avatar
wildflowerchild25 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,788 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

5 yr Member
4,934 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Still depressed today but not as scared or hopeless. I did take one more half day from work just to burn up my personal days even though I probably shouldnít have as I could have made it through. This is the last day Iíll take. Iíll push myself through next week. Although Iím hoping Iíll be feeling better since I feel slightly better today. Maybe the increase in haldol is working. Maybe I wonít have to use the emsam. I canít use it for two weeks anyway so I have some time to decide.

Iím probably going to take a nice nap. Then I wonít be exhausted for tonight.
__________________
Dx bipolar 1
Depakote 1000mg
Lamictal 100mg
Haldol 10mg

Sit back, take a breath, from your gut not your chest, and realize that you're ok.
-The Expendables

And I believe that every broken bone is meant to be, because when it heals it will be stronger than it was before.
-Streetlight Manifesto

Up and down again, like a rollercoaster. I would love to show you not all hope is lost.
-Framing Hanley
wildflowerchild25 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #526
Aurelius710
Member
 
Aurelius710's Avatar
Aurelius710 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: US
Posts: 90
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

3 yr Member
73 hugs
given
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Job hunting today before the big snowstorm shows up.

I've been going to college and taking the student loan dump as I was thrown out of my job in a rather contentious way, but I had a grand total of 8 classes (now 4) left till I graduate). So, nice middle finger the @#$holes who fired me as I finish my schooling.

Well, my university has decided to delay disbursing that money courtesy of bureaucratic loophole that they didn't bother to implement until a day before they left for Christmas and confirmed now, three days before classes.

I can't seem to go a month without something blowing up in my face. Here's hoping the job interviews are not like that.
__________________
It is difficult to live in the present, pointless to live in the future and impossible to live in the past.
-Frank Herbert
Aurelius710 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #527
Innerzone
Elder
 
Innerzone's Avatar
Innerzone is hoping. Meanwhile, foot pain is a pita.
 
Member Since: Nov 2009
Location: NW US
Posts: 6,414
8 yr Member
19.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Found something definitely interesting while looking for a job yesterday. It's not a paid thing, but I really want to do it. They promptly emailed me back, so that was exciting. Hoping to hear more back today (and maybe interview??).

Spent for.e.ver filling out an online app for something else (paid ), and it won't let me submit it due to a bug in their system. Very frustrating. This is why I hate hate hate online applications. So I'm going to have to go there in person today and see if I can make any headway.

So yesterday just felt much more encouraging job-hunt-wise. It's usually very, very bleak for me. (To have one maybe thing is a very big deal. I'm a good worker, but possess no in-demand skills.)

Insurance-wise is a mixed bag. Yes, my psych provider (who was surprisingly in network)*does* work somewhere else too which I was able to track down yesterday. My foot is still injured and I really should have it looked at. BUT. Soon I will be either forced onto the (****) work insurance (huge deductible), or have a new job with who-knows-what. So everything will be tossed in the air again. I'm really mad at myself for not having put off taking care of my arm for so long, because now it will just be who knows how long till I can. What an idiot.

So, another busy day ahead. Trying to get as much done as possible, since starting next week, I'll have virtually no time to do anything (too much work and long commute times).

Consciously working on keeping a good attitude, as it's been a struggle. (Looking for a job is no time to tank!)
__________________
*********
Mr. Robot
Bipolar Check In Thread #31
Makes me sick to the heart, Oh I feel so tired. And the way the rain comes down hard, that's how I feel inside.
--The Cure
Innerzone is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #528
Wild Coyote
Wise Elder
Community Liaison
 
Wild Coyote's Avatar
Wild Coyote has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 9,547 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

2 yr Member
53.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Went out to the movies with some friends the other night, it was a lot of fun!

I had a headache for 2 days which finally went away. Only got 2 hours of sleep last night but I'm doing well overall.

The seroquel has been great. It seems to have helped my mood too even though I'm just taking 200mg every night for sleep. I'm already on a moodstabilizer but my mood is more level than it's been in a long time. I know it's sometimes used to augment other meds. I didn't realize how out of whack it's been until feeling better.

Haven't been hearing things lately, I'm happy about that. My mind isn't racing.

It's freezing outside. 13 degrees right now with a low of 9. I had to walk to the pharmacy earlier and I was completely frozen within a minute or two. I'm staying inside for the rest of the day and drinking cocoa with my cats.

I made it onto the deans list at my college for the fall semester, very proud of myself The spring semester starts on the 22nd.

Hope everyone is doing well
I am glad to read you are doing better!

Congrats for making the Dean's List.

Stay warm!

WC
__________________
May we each fully claim the courage to live from our hearts, to allow Love, Faith and Hope to enLighten our paths.


Kutless - What Faith Can Do
https://youtu.be/u1JBSQMkQEo
Wild Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #529
Wild Coyote
Wise Elder
Community Liaison
 
Wild Coyote's Avatar
Wild Coyote has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 9,547 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

2 yr Member
53.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerzone View Post
Found something definitely interesting while looking for a job yesterday. It's not a paid thing, but I really want to do it. They promptly emailed me back, so that was exciting. Hoping to hear more back today (and maybe interview??).

Spent for.e.ver filling out an online app for something else (paid ), and it won't let me submit it due to a bug in their system. Very frustrating. This is why I hate hate hate online applications. So I'm going to have to go there in person today and see if I can make any headway.

So yesterday just felt much more encouraging job-hunt-wise. It's usually very, very bleak for me. (To have one maybe thing is a very big deal. I'm a good worker, but possess no in-demand skills.)

Insurance-wise is a mixed bag. Yes, my psych provider (who was surprisingly in network)*does* work somewhere else too which I was able to track down yesterday. My foot is still injured and I really should have it looked at. BUT. Soon I will be either forced onto the (****) work insurance (huge deductible), or have a new job with who-knows-what. So everything will be tossed in the air again. I'm really mad at myself for not having put off taking care of my arm for so long, because now it will just be who knows how long till I can. What an idiot.

So, another busy day ahead. Trying to get as much done as possible, since starting next week, I'll have virtually no time to do anything (too much work and long commute times).

Consciously working on keeping a good attitude, as it's been a struggle. (Looking for a job is no time to tank!)
(((((( Innerzone ))))))

I admire your tenacity.

Thinking of you!

WC
__________________
May we each fully claim the courage to live from our hearts, to allow Love, Faith and Hope to enLighten our paths.


Kutless - What Faith Can Do
https://youtu.be/u1JBSQMkQEo
Wild Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #530
Wild Coyote
Wise Elder
Community Liaison
 
Wild Coyote's Avatar
Wild Coyote has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 9,547 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

2 yr Member
53.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Re: Bipolar Check In Thread #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikes View Post
Dermatology appointment went fine yesterday. She injected me with a liquid steroid and, while my shoulder still looks frightening, I'm not screaming every time I bump into something or roll over in my sleep. I have a prescription to pick up later but of course there was some BS with the insurance so it's going to take some time.

I'm still depressed. I'm "hearing" thoughts that aren't mine. I kinda just want to be on US 50 in Nevada.

Edit: Figured the insurance BS with some help and picked up my Rx. Driving feels weird today for some reason. Maybe it's my car. The tires probably need air.
So glad to read you have gotten some help from the painful rash.

WC
__________________
May we each fully claim the courage to live from our hearts, to allow Love, Faith and Hope to enLighten our paths.


Kutless - What Faith Can Do
https://youtu.be/u1JBSQMkQEo
Wild Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp


 
Helplines and Lifelines