Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > > >

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
mountainstream has no updates.
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 1,145
10 yr Member
161 hugs
PC PoohBah!
Default Support?

I have been diagnosed with this. What helps you? I am not good at writing posts. So please forgive my brevity. Iím also not clear as to what is the difference between social phobia and avoidant personality disorder. Thank you!
mountainstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

Old 11-24-2018, 03:21 PM   #2
Grand Magnate
whispershadow's Avatar
whispershadow "there's only so much you can do to keep some things alive" Gnomeo and Juliet
Member Since: Feb 2018
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 3,216 (SuperPoster!)
My Mood: Support?

2,884 hugs
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Support?

I don't know with complete certaintly, if this makes sense, but I think social phobia is where you avoid people due to anxiety, avoidant personality disorder is due to not being able to deal with being around other people at all even if anxiety is addressed. I could be making stuff up though.
"After all we'd been through, I needed to believe there was still hope"
"All that was left was a memory and the pain of the poor creatures who had suffered. But there are always survivors" Jessie - Animal Farm 1999
"I didn't lose my mind it was
Mine to give away
Couldn't stay to watch me cry
You didn't have the time
So I softly slip away" No Regrets Robbie Williams
For you, Ebony
whispershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.


HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines