Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)

advertisement

Old 07-06-2018, 05:03 PM   #1

koga has no updates.

Default Help - newbie taking Concerta

Hallo! (female, 32 years old) I started to take Concerta pills (18mg) 1month ago. I felt a really soft result, but only during the first week. Now I can't stay focused, I'm very very restless, extremely inattentive. In your experience, do you think that I do not tolerate this medication or would it be the dosage? I'll start tomorrow with 27 mg. What is the key to knowing that I need to change the medication? How did it happen to you? thank you for your attention
koga is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 07-07-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
Rose42 has no updates.

Default Re: Help - newbie taking Concerta

I was on it after Ritalin. It is just an extended for of it. Made me so tired and didn't really help my adhd. Went back on Ritalin (immediate release) and provigil. Talk to your doctor. These meds are hit or miss and they understand that. Maybe it is not the right med or dose for you.
Rose42 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #3

koga has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose42 View Post
I was on it after Ritalin. It is just an extended for of it. Made me so tired and didn't really help my adhd. Went back on Ritalin (immediate release) and provigil. Talk to your doctor. These meds are hit or miss and they understand that. Maybe it is not the right med or dose for you.
Thank you for sharing! I will to analyse the difference now, with the higher dose, maybe it's not the medicament ideal. I bought fosphatidilserin and soy lecithin, I hope they will help me!
Old 07-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #4

koga has no updates.

My answer disappeared lol
Old 07-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
10.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Help - newbie taking Concerta

Hello koga: I's sorry I don't know anything about the medication you're taking. But, as Rose42 wrote, what you're experiencing is really something you need to be discussing with your prescriber.

I recall, years ago, being put on Effexor for the first time. The first night after I started taking it I was so nervous I could bearly sit down let alone sleep. The next day the psychiatrist switched me to Effexor XR & it made a big difference. So these sorts of adjustments are sometimes necessary.

By the way... I noticed this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral! I hope you find PC to be of benefit.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member
downandlonely has no updates.

I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. Concerta (like all ADHD meds) is a stimulant, so it makes sense that it would make you nervous and anxious. An adjustment in dosage might help, or maybe you need to switch to something else.
downandlonely is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 07-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #7

koga has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
Hello koga: I's sorry I don't know anything about the medication you're taking. But, as Rose42 wrote, what you're experiencing is really something you need to be discussing with your prescriber.

I recall, years ago, being put on Effexor for the first time. The first night after I started taking it I was so nervous I could bearly sit down let alone sleep. The next day the psychiatrist switched me to Effexor XR & it made a big difference. So these sorts of adjustments are sometimes necessary.

By the way... I noticed this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral! I hope you find PC to be of benefit.
Thank you for the welcome and for trying to help! I may actually need adjustments in the dose or medicine, I'll talk to my doctor to see what he says. Not wanting to change the subject, but today I posted two answers to Rose but they do not appear here, will it be the application or when I answer will it go private? lol my first time using this
Old 07-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #8

koga has no updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. Concerta (like all ADHD meds) is a stimulant, so it makes sense that it would make you nervous and anxious. An adjustment in dosage might help, or maybe you need to switch to something else.
Yes, it makes perfect sense. before taking I had this fear, because I do not even tolerate the coffee. At first I had mild results and no side effects. Until yesterday I felt that it was no good at all, but I was extremely agitated, I could do absolutely nothing. Today I started with a larger dose, at this moment I feel calmer, but let's see how this behaves in the days to come before talking to the doctor. Thanks for the answer.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #9

koga has no updates.

I can not understand why my answers to each of you do not appear here. Is it because I'm using Tapatalk?
Old 07-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #10
Super Moderator
Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

CANDC has no updates.

3 yr Member
1,057 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Hi koga. Welcome to Psych Central. The reason your posts do not appear immediately is the first 5 posts of members need to be approved by volunteers to insure that all members are abiding by community guidelines.

After you have 5 approved posts your posts will appear immediately.

Community Support Team

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both...

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost
CANDC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: