Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 12-29-2018, 02:18 PM   #31
Anonymous52222
Anonymous52222 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: I think I have ADHD or something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2371 View Post
Sounds to me like right now is the best time in your for all that travel and added stress, but what about talking that time for yourself to do something for yourself that you wouldn't normally do for yourself?

I've been doing that all week. Was having a good time getting more gaming in this week. Was in a good mood until I logged on here and saw Sarasweet's post on my thread here and now I feel like **** again.

Thanks though for being supportive of me in a gentler way. I think that's what I need more of right now.

advertisement
Old 12-29-2018, 02:36 PM   #32
AB2371

AB2371 Editing

My Mood: I think I have ADHD or something similar.

2 yr Member
156 hugs
given

womp, womp, womp. yeah, why is she getting to you like that? np, I can relate to much of what you are going through. I'm constantly looking for ways to pass the time and I have been spending an odd amount of time here at PC. Much of what is said here makes for good conversation and life skills and all that. I could probably benefit from my own advice, and working through issues has helped me slow down and refocus
AB2371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #33
Anonymous52222

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2371 View Post
womp, womp, womp. yeah, why is she getting to you like that? np, I can relate to much of what you are going through. I'm constantly looking for ways to pass the time and I have been spending an odd amount of time here at PC. Much of what is said here makes for good conversation and life skills and all that. I could probably benefit from my own advice, and working through issues has helped me slow down and refocus

IDK.. I just felt attacked by her for some reason and reacted in kind. I sent her an apology message but she probably hates me like most everyone else so it's w/e at this point lol
Hugs from:
Old 12-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #34
Emily Fox Seaton
Poohbah

Emily Fox Seaton has no updates.

My Mood: I think I have ADHD or something similar.

2 yr Member
246 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
IDK.. I just felt attacked by her for some reason and reacted in kind. I sent her an apology message but she probably hates me like most everyone else so it's w/e at this point lol
I don't think you owe an apology.

Personally I never do anything without looking into it pretty hard and it is irksome and frustrating to me when people assume that I haven't looked into it myself. When people say they are being "kind" they aren't always. To me there is such a desire to be right that often people have to try to tear your dreams down so they can be "right".

I have an issue with my body where I am overweight. I literally get up daily looking every single day for a solution. I have spent money, taken drugs, left NO stone unturned and attempted at least 1000 things. I am on attempt 1001 and I refuse to believe that I will not find the problem. However, at least 50% of my energy is spent with "naysayers" who will flippantly say things like, calories in calories out, or have you tried exercising or, a million other things that implicitly assume I haven't done even the slightest effort on it. It can really put me in a sour mood and quite possibly has actually held me back.
Emily Fox Seaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #35
Anonymous52222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
I don't think you owe an apology.

Personally I never do anything without looking into it pretty hard and it is irksome and frustrating to me when people assume that I haven't looked into it myself. When people say they are being "kind" they aren't always. To me there is such a desire to be right that often people have to try to tear your dreams down so they can be "right".

Ain't that the truth. You're better at explaining it than me

It's cute she thinks she knows more than a friend with a genius level IQ that got into the cyber security part of the air force before he was old enough to drink and then after leaving the military, joined a cheap community college, lived off Pell grant money, and invested his GI funds into an online business and made himself into a millionaire in less than 5 years off his online businesses. This was all done without a college degree and without incurring any debts.

Keep in mind, he actually showed me his bank balance and some of his transaction history as proof when I questioned him about the legitimacy of his businesses.

I'm not about to throw away the one shot I have at a happy life where I can actually finally start healing instead of constantly worrying about my survival.

I digress.

I'm just trying to keep the peace though. Trying not to say something too bad or else I'll probably have a repeat of what happened before I took my last break from here lol

Thanks for your comment. You really know how to cheer me up
Old 12-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #36
Anonymous52222

But yeah, I'll still consider her advice about the ADHD drugs only because I need every advantage I can get for what comes next. I need to keep my head on straight and I need to be ready for anything.

I will build myself a life where I can be happy and free even if I must claw myself up from the very pits of hell. I will never be free otherwise. No price is too great for victory.

I will be denied no longer.