Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 07-09-2018, 02:27 AM   #1
o0V0o
Newly Joined
o0V0o has no updates.

Default Loving someone with RAD

I deeply love someone with RAD. I just realized her behavior fits this perfectly. I'd like to help her out. She has been dangerous as she exerted control over me but the way she orchestrated it was also genius. This is all new to me. After describing her behavior a friend identified it with Attachment Disorder. I now have something concrete to research.

As I said, I deeply love this person. I feel I can help her in some way. I could very well fit a model vulnerable to manipulation by someone with this condition. I am an empath. I know she needs to feel in control so I am working at retaining control of my life while supporting the illusion that she controls it. I have a lot of love for her which I have demonstrated during the last 7 months. I would be surprised if anyone else had stuck with this after what she has dished out to me. Along with love I care about her welfare. There is also an intense connection with empathy and vivid telepathy. I imagine all of this can be advantageous while assisting with her healing.
o0V0o is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
Skeezyks
Apparition

Skeezyks has no updates.

My Mood: Loving someone with RAD

2 yr Member
11.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: Loving someone with RAD

Hello V: I noticed this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral! I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

Another forum, here on PC, that may be of interest to you would be the relationships & communication forum. Here's a link:

https://forums.psychcentral.com/rela...communication/

I'm sorry I don't know anything about this. And I couldn't find much of anything on RAD in PsychCentral's archives. However here's a link to the one article I did find:

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/r...rder-symptoms/

Skeezyks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:40 AM   #3
TheLonelyChemist
Poohbah
TheLonelyChemist I am losing my mind

1,198 hugs
given
Default Re: Loving someone with RAD

I would not hesitate to ask her to get into therapy if her condition (which may be Reactive Attachment Disorder or completely something else, like an immunological disorder) is affecting people around her.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #4
lina33
lina33 has no updates.

2 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0V0o View Post
I deeply love someone with RAD. I just realized her behavior fits this perfectly. I'd like to help her out. She has been dangerous as she exerted control over me but the way she orchestrated it was also genius. This is all new to me. After describing her behavior a friend identified it with Attachment Disorder. I now have something concrete to research.

As I said, I deeply love this person. I feel I can help her in some way. I could very well fit a model vulnerable to manipulation by someone with this condition. I am an empath. I know she needs to feel in control so I am working at retaining control of my life while supporting the illusion that she controls it. I have a lot of love for her which I have demonstrated during the last 7 months. I would be surprised if anyone else had stuck with this after what she has dished out to me. Along with love I care about her welfare. There is also an intense connection with empathy and vivid telepathy. I imagine all of this can be advantageous while assisting with her healing.

How do you even know?

Maybe you're a jerk who is the control freak. It sounds like you're trying to change her. You're diagnosing her like you've got a degree but you don't that's not love... If you loved her, you'd accept that what she's saying to you, which is likely, "hey I don't appreciate the way you do __________ because it makes me feel like__________", is perfectly acceptable, and that you really need to change your habits, and stop gas-lighting her.
lina33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:38 PM   #5
PrincessG
PrincessG has no updates.

How do you know this person? Are you a male that loves her or a female friend that loves her? Whatís your history with this person? If itís R.A.D. Normally they have a hard time seeking out love from people. Often they find one person they trust and hold on to them. Itís hard for people with R.A.D. to accept love. So if this person loves you back, or seeks love out of you, feel honored. These people were neglected as babies and it carries into adulthood. I have a history and I had a hard time accepting love. It was hard to have a relationship. Iíve found two people (besides my children) that I care deeply about. My husband and one other person thatís a friend. Most of the time I feel unloved and undeserving of it so push people away. So if I love you, I mean that and want that relationship. But it doesnít always go both ways, which leads to disappointment and makes me feel again, not loved.
PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: