Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Anxiety, Panic and Phobias



advertisement
Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-10-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
Grand Magnate
 
ComfortablyNumb5's Avatar
ComfortablyNumb5 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,424 (SuperPoster!)
2 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety affects my IBS

I would suggest a stool softener and fiber supplements as well as veggies and beans. Read labels when you shop and avoid too much cheese and red meat.
ComfortablyNumb5 is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:

advertisement
Unread 10-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
Member
 
Keyplayer's Avatar
Keyplayer has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 166
My Mood:

287 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety affects my IBS

Hi Guy`s & OP .

We are "talking about Irritable Bowel Syndrome and not Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Syndrome as it is commonly referred to and what the mistaken nomenclature.

If you just have an irritable bowel , being constipated is one of the worst things in the world , I know.

Sometimes you must do the unmentionable thing , just to avoid a rectal prolapse.

RP`s sux , I have suffered from 2 and recovered on my own , for a doctor would have done noting that common sense and a slight knowledge of physiology could not fix.
The fix was not easy , but I healed , and now I have to be careful.

And take whatever mens necessary to avoid another rectal prolapse.

Good luck to all with IBS-C , I know what a PITA it is !!

Take care

Keyplayer.
Keyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #13
Member
SapphireRed has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: uk
Posts: 249
My Mood:

17 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety affects my IBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyplayer View Post
Hi Guy`s & OP .

We are "talking about Irritable Bowel Syndrome and not Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Syndrome as it is commonly referred to and what the mistaken nomenclature.

If you just have an irritable bowel , being constipated is one of the worst things in the world , I know.

Sometimes you must do the unmentionable thing , just to avoid a rectal prolapse.

RP`s sux , I have suffered from 2 and recovered on my own , for a doctor would have done noting that common sense and a slight knowledge of physiology could not fix.
The fix was not easy , but I healed , and now I have to be careful.

And take whatever mens necessary to avoid another rectal prolapse.

Good luck to all with IBS-C , I know what a PITA it is !!

Take care

Keyplayer.

Ibs is not actually officially on my diagnosed section. The specialist I saw was reluctant because I can eat spice, greens and baked beans etc.
I do not know about inflammatory bowels . I will make myself aware . Thanks for pointing that out
SapphireRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 10-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #14
Member
 
Keyplayer's Avatar
Keyplayer has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 166
My Mood:

287 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety affects my IBS

Hi SR ,

I have been diagnosed with IBS , but I still eat what I want , I just have to be aware of my bowels and not get C`d

That just sux !!

Yeh , pizza / ice cream / alcohol it does not hurt like it used to , the meds I take for anxiety are supposed to help with IBS as well , so I guess they are still working !!

Take care ,

KP.
Keyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #15
Member
SapphireRed has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: uk
Posts: 249
My Mood:

17 hugs
given
Default Re: Anxiety affects my IBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyplayer View Post
Hi SR ,

I have been diagnosed with IBS , but I still eat what I want , I just have to be aware of my bowels and not get C`d

That just sux !!

Yeh , pizza / ice cream / alcohol it does not hurt like it used to , the meds I take for anxiety are supposed to help with IBS as well , so I guess they are still working !!

Take care ,

KP.
Yes I am more or less in same boat. I dink tea, coffee, coke and alcohol and I am fine. I eat cheese till it comes out my ears. As long as I don't drink on an empty stomach.
SapphireRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #16
Grand Magnate
 
ComfortablyNumb5's Avatar
ComfortablyNumb5 has no updates.
 
Member Since: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,424 (SuperPoster!)
2 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anxiety affects my IBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireRed View Post
Yes I am more or less in same boat. I dink tea, coffee, coke and alcohol and I am fine. I eat cheese till it comes out my ears. As long as I don't drink on an empty stomach.


Cheese is bad for Ibs-c!

I actually had to get my refill becausey IBS Has been flairing up. I get bentyl which relaxes your system so you do t have spasms. Ugh. I had quite the syyitie day 🤣
ComfortablyNumb5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

advertisement

 

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider.
Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.

 

HomeAbout UsContact UsPrivacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer
Forums HomeCommunity GuidelinesHelp

Helplines and Lifelines