Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Anxiety, Panic and Phobias

advertisement
Unread 03-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
pinkrose1958 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default Trembling

Hello all,

Does anyone here on this forum have trembling as one of your anxiety symptoms. Lately, my body trembles for a couple hours. The only way I know of relieving this trembling is with exercise, although later in the day it will return some. Lately, I've been having some employee troubles at work and have noticed when I get stressed my anxiety kicks in. I think this employee has some issues as well and her moods are all over the place. Hmm!
pinkrose1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Unread 03-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Grand Member

benzenering has no updates.

3 yr Member
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Trembling

Yes, I shake and have anxiety. I'm a chemist and it is affecting my job because I need steady hands to perform several activities. I have a pdoc appointment on Tuesday and am finally going to ask for a medication to see if it will help.

I hope you feel better soon!
benzenering is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #3

My Mood:

Thank you benzering,

I wasn't sure if this was part of the anxiety. I was given Cymbalta for anxiety, It does not work...it makes me feel more anxious. I feel like I'm clenching my jaw and my body starts twitching. I'm asking for a different medication soon.
Unread 03-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #4
Grand Magnate

*Laurie* is a NAMI group facilitator.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
2,698 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Yes, I experience trembling when I'm anxious. I already have a tremor, made worse by medication, and then experience the trembling on top of the tremor. It's annoying and embarrassing.

Compassionate Abiding:
https://mindsetdoc.wordpress.com/201...e-abiding-101/
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
Otterplier has no updates.

Yes, trembling is definitely part of my anxiety. Gets worse when I'm near panic, and really bad when I have a panic attack. I hope you find something that works to help you. You're not alone!
Otterplier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 05:20 AM   #6

My Mood:

Thank you all for your responses. I hope we all find relief whether it's medication or meditation. Some form of peace would be really helpful during those times when we feel anxious, edgy, panicky, and all the other symptoms related to anxiety.

I have tried Cymbalta, Celexa, Prozac and Lorazepam. The lorazepam works, but it makes you sleepy which is not good during work hours. Since lorazepam is a controlled substance and doctors do not like to prescribe the med for long term use. What other alternatives are there?

What medications have you all tried?
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #7
Elder

justafriend306 a mother, girlfriend, friend

440 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

When I am relatively cool minded I will tremble bad enough that people have asked if I am okay. The more anxious I get the more pronounced the trembling becomes. I had an occasion over the weekend to make a presentation. My whole body was shaking and I had to ask someone else to hold the item we were making a presentation of. It was horrible.

I blame the medications for the regular trembling I experience. Of note; it gets worse throughout the day.
justafriend306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #8
Grand Member

anais_anais has no updates.

586 hugs
given

Another person here with tremors, in a career where they are a very big problem... beta blockers (normally for blood pressure and heart conditions) have been a godsend for me. There's a bit of a black market for them in the work i do, since they stop tremors entirely with very few or no side effects. I take a very small dose as needed (kicks in within 20 mins if I stick it under my tongue). With more traditional meds targeting anxiety, I get a sort of mild brain-fog, which affects my hearing and movement, so not a great option for the line of work I'm in.

In the long term, therapy work on boundaries, confidence, etc has also been invaluable in levelling out my response to stressful scenarios.
Unread 03-26-2017, 08:14 AM   #9

My Mood:

Hi JustAFriend,

It must be tough to have the trembling during a presentation. Anais recommended the beta blocker. I have heard that the beta blockers work well for tremors. I'm considering giving them a try myself.

I looked at your artwork. You are very talented.

Take care,

Pinkrose
Unread 03-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #10
salus has no updates.

5 yr Member

I would definitely try Gabapentin for trembling , i had nervousness all day long which stopped after i took it
salus is offline   Reply With Quote