Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression - Forums at Psych Central


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 03:27 AM #1
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572

8 hugs
given
Default Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Do you ever get the feeling like you are lost?I do especially if I am depressed.Like last night I went to bed before it was even 9.I was just to depressed felt like I didnt belong here.I just felt so strange inside.Do you ever feel like you are in a different place or just plan lost? First I was thinking about my moms house .It was built in 1957 which means I was five years old when I moved into it.I maybe dont feel right because since her passing having other people living in it.Hasnt actually happened yet but it will soon.I mean that is where I grew up .I am recently in touch with a friend who I grew up with and that makes me so happy.JUst why do I feel so strange like this apt is not my home. I know that sometimes when I am really anxious I get like this,strange feelings.Well in a matter of speaking my apt is not my home.You have to watch every little thing that you do.Which cause many anxieties.JUst curious if anyone feels this way.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 03-21-2019, 05:23 AM #2
Nowinners's Avatar
Nowinners Nowinners is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: US
Posts: 460
Nowinners Nowinners is offline
Member
Nowinners's Avatar
Nowinners has no updates.
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: US
Posts: 460

1,423 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

I think some of what you are describing is that you are still at unease with your mom's passing though, I know, you also have anxiety issues as well.

I feel like because of the cumulative effects of life's traumas, my relationships and decisions I have made--my anxiety and depression will always be with me. I sometimes long for the carefree days of my youth when my disorder did not interfere/require constant management. I can relate to feeling lost for sure....
Nowinners is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 06:18 AM #3
TishaBuv's Avatar
TishaBuv TishaBuv is offline
Elder
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 6,756
TishaBuv TishaBuv is offline
Elder
TishaBuv's Avatar
TishaBuv has no updates.
 
Member Since: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 6,756 (SuperPoster!)

3 yr Member
807 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Youíve hit on an important point regarding your emotions.

It sounds like you are saying you donít feel a sense of belonging, to yourself, by yourself. When you refer to the homey thoughts about your childhood home vs. your empty feelings about your own home now, you are feeling like you lack something within yourself to make your own homey living and comfort for yourself.

I suggest you Ďfindí yourself. Iím not sure what resources there are for that.

I once read a book which narrows down your interests to point you toward a career. Maybe there are books like that for knowing oneís self?
__________________
"And don't say it hasn't been a little slice of heaven, 'cause it hasn't!"
. About Me--T
TishaBuv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 08:51 AM #4
Nemo1934's Avatar
Nemo1934 Nemo1934 is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: US
Posts: 245
Nemo1934 Nemo1934 is offline
Member
Nemo1934's Avatar
Nemo1934 is broken.
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: US
Posts: 245 (SuperPoster!)

Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

I was just doing some reading over the weekend about the value of allowing ourselves to feel and accept uncomfortable emotions. Society is very "positive pushy". It's seems that we're almost programmed into thinking if we aren't feeling happy and content, there is something wrong with us. I believe sometimes we should allow ourselves to be comfortable with discontent. By pushing it away or thinking something is wrong with it, we're pushing away the things and events that caused us to feel those things.
Maybe your strange feelings should just be allowed for a bit. Accept them. Know that they aren't strange because they do have meaning and represent part of your life.
If there are senior social or recreation centers in your area, maybe you could check them out.
Maybe going to sit at the park would feel nice.
If I were nearby, I would come pick you up and go to the park with you.
__________________
Can anybody fly this thing?
Nemo1934
Nemo1934 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 04:31 PM #5
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572

8 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1934 View Post
I was just doing some reading over the weekend about the value of allowing ourselves to feel and accept uncomfortable emotions. Society is very "positive pushy". It's seems that we're almost programmed into thinking if we aren't feeling happy and content, there is something wrong with us. I believe sometimes we should allow ourselves to be comfortable with discontent. By pushing it away or thinking something is wrong with it, we're pushing away the things and events that caused us to feel those things.
Maybe your strange feelings should just be allowed for a bit. Accept them. Know that they aren't strange because they do have meaning and represent part of your life.
If there are senior social or recreation centers in your area, maybe you could check them out.
Maybe going to sit at the park would feel nice.
If I were nearby, I would come pick you up and go to the park with you.
I cant leave my house I have very bad agoraphobia,I can sit outside and knit during the spring and summer .Staying inside really gets to me,The only time I can go out is to my doctors even then I have a hard time with it.Thanks for the offer though.I love to watch the trains go by noisy but that is okay,people here are very nosy and complain about everything,
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 03-21-2019, 04:32 PM #6
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572

8 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
Youíve hit on an important point regarding your emotions.

It sounds like you are saying you donít feel a sense of belonging, to yourself, by yourself. When you refer to the homey thoughts about your childhood home vs. your empty feelings about your own home now, you are feeling like you lack something within yourself to make your own homey living and comfort for yourself.

I suggest you Ďfindí yourself. Iím not sure what resources there are for that.

I once read a book which narrows down your interests to point you toward a career. Maybe there are books like that for knowing oneís self?
Thank you.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:35 PM #7
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572

8 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
I think some of what you are describing is that you are still at unease with your mom's passing though, I know, you also have anxiety issues as well.

I feel like because of the cumulative effects of life's traumas, my relationships and decisions I have made--my anxiety and depression will always be with me. I sometimes long for the carefree days of my youth when my disorder did not interfere/require constant management. I can relate to feeling lost for sure....
I am missing my mom and dad a lot.I cannot believe she would have been gone on June 9th. I often think about my childhood.MY mom and dad were abusive verbally and physically . I had some good times though ;One of my favorite things to do was go swimming ,cannot do that now .Cant walk to well.I already had one bad fall. Which messed me up
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 03-21-2019, 04:51 PM #8
Nowinners's Avatar
Nowinners Nowinners is offline
Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: US
Posts: 460
Nowinners Nowinners is offline
Member
Nowinners's Avatar
Nowinners has no updates.
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: US
Posts: 460

1,423 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascarol View Post
I am missing my mom and dad a lot.I cannot believe she would have been gone on June 9th. I often think about my childhood.MY mom and dad were abusive verbally and physically . I had some good times though ;One of my favorite things to do was go swimming ,cannot do that now .Cant walk to well.I already had one bad fall. Which messed me up
How long ago was the fall? It takes so much longer to heal the older we are.
Nowinners is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:45 PM #9
Sisabel's Avatar
Sisabel Sisabel is offline
Poohbah
 
Member Since: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,294
Sisabel Sisabel is offline
Poohbah
Sisabel's Avatar
Sisabel always trying...
 
Member Since: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 1,294 (SuperPoster!)

348 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

I think itís normal to go through these types of feelings at times. Youíre going through a time of transition. Maybe youíre reminiscing a lot. I think itís ok to just accept how you feel and give yourself a little time to work through it.
Sisabel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:15 PM #10
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572
xmascarol xmascarol is offline
Veteran Member
xmascarol's Avatar
xmascarol has no updates.
 
Member Since: Jul 2018
Location: United States
Posts: 572

8 hugs
given
Default Re: Feeling of being lost due to anxieties and depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
How long ago was the fall? It takes so much longer to heal the older we are.
I believe it was 2010.Oh ya I fell on a Tuesday night and get this I can remember the exact time 3am.I didnt know it at the time but I had hit the entertainment center it was glass the back of my head was all bloody so was my t shirt.I was wearing a t shirt given to me because of my husband passing they had a walk for him at ocean beach he had parkensons.I even had a piece of glass in my head so they had to put staples in there I never knew that they did it.However I did develop bad tremors from that server fall but I do take inderol for that . So I had a bad head injury. Ended up in a lousy nursing home.Believe me you would never want to end up in a home.If I had to I would just hire someone to come to my home.For now I dont need anyone,just friends.I only have one friend who comes to see me,she is a doll. I am 66 and I have to use a walker because I can get seriously injured.I already fell here twice one time I hit my head on the desk but I was okay.I hit my head so many times it is no wonder I am damaged goods like some people would say.
xmascarol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® — Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.



 

Psych Central Forums

Psych Central is the leading mental health website, overseen by mental health professionals since 1995.

 

Helplines and Lifelines

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. .

Always consult your doctor or mental health professional before trying anything you read here.
Please read the full disclaimer.