Anyone ever experienced this? - Forums at Psych Central

Old 12-17-2018, 05:14 PM #1
Magnate

Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.

3,491 hugs
given
Trig Anyone ever experienced this?

I was never diagnosed with an eating disorder. Even though I fit h e criteria of suffering from anorexia. I stop eating. I started feeling dizzy and cold all the time especially in the summer because I had lost so much weight. I should have been check into a clinic. I am now where I am supposed to be. But now I am concern of the physical damaged that is done to my body because I m now suffering from physical health problem. Anyone ever experienced this?
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 12-18-2018, 06:26 AM #2
Legendary Wise Elder

Legendary Wise Elder
eskielover has no updates.

10 yr Member
11k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Anyone ever experienced this?

I was very blessed in that the 2 major anorexia periods in my life which were when I was 43-45 & then again 51-54 I had absolutely no physical damage come from it. It was a miricle actually considering how low my weight got to & the fact I was hospitalized medically many times during those periods of time.

Hope you are ok.

Leo's favorite place was riding shot gun in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-18-2018, 07:02 PM #3
Grand Poohbah

Grand Poohbah
LucyD Summer is on the way...yech

3 yr Member
1,637 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I was never diagnosed with an eating disorder. Even though I fit h e criteria of suffering from anorexia. I stop eating. I started feeling dizzy and cold all the time especially in the summer because I had lost so much weight. I should have been check into a clinic. I am now where I am supposed to be. But now I am concern of the physical damaged that is done to my body because I m now suffering from physical health problem. Anyone ever experienced this?
I'm sorry this has adversely affected your health. When I went through periods of not eating I passed out a few times. I know it can be scary when we don't know what's happening to us. I didn't see doctors at all back then but now it takes me a lot to go to one. Yet, I am starting to see them again. I hope you will get yourself checked out by a doctor. Then you will know how your health is and maybe what you can do to get better.

Medications: Risperidone-2 mg.daily, Propranolol-10 mg. daily, Gabapentin-900 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., Women's One A Day Vitamins, 1 Potassium tablet
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-18-2018, 07:50 PM #4
Magnate

Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.

3,491 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
I was very blessed in that the 2 major anorexia periods in my life which were when I was 43-45 & then again 51-54 I had absolutely no physical damage come from it. It was a miricle actually considering how low my weight got to & the fact I was hospitalized medically many times during those periods of time.

Hope you are ok.
I should have been in a hospital. But I wasn't .
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-18-2018, 07:53 PM #5
Magnate

Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.

3,491 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
I'm sorry this has adversely affected your health. When I went through periods of not eating I passed out a few times. I know it can be scary when we don't know what's happening to us. I didn't see doctors at all back then but now it takes me a lot to go to one. Yet, I am starting to see them again. I hope you will get yourself checked out by a doctor. Then you will know how your health is and maybe what you can do to get better.
I walk around feeling dizzy all the time came close to fainting. I had problem with my periods.
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-18-2018, 08:55 PM #6
Legendary Wise Elder

Legendary Wise Elder

10 yr Member
11k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I walk around feeling dizzy all the time came close to fainting. I had problem with my periods.
I passed out often.....even in a horse corral. That scared the horses. First time I had anorexia that landed me in treatment & in & out of the medical hospital for several years needing a central line & IV feeding my period never stopped (43-45). Second time my weight didn't get as low as the first & only had one central line with IV feeding but my period did stop. Several years before menopause hot flashes hit (which only lasted less than a year also). The last time I kept getting dehydrated & would end up needing IV fluids in the ER.

Now I live alone on a farm that requires me to be well to do the care necessary. The grief of losing my soul mate doggie on Sunday has really messed with my appetite & I have to be careful because it is things like this that have triggered my anorexia in the past

Leo's favorite place was riding shot gun in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-20-2018, 04:20 PM #7
Magnate

Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.

3,491 hugs
given

Quote:
I passed out often.....even in a horse corral. That scared the horses. First time I had anorexia that landed me in treatment & in & out of the medical hospital for several years needing a central line & IV feeding my period never stopped (43-45). Second time my weight didn't get as low as the first & only had one central line with IV feeding but my period did stop. Several years before menopause hot flashes hit (which only lasted less than a year also). The last time I kept getting dehydrated & would end up needing IV fluids in the ER.

Now I live alone on a farm that requires me to be well to do the care necessary. The grief of losing my soul mate doggie on Sunday has really messed with my appetite & I have to be careful because it is things like this that have triggered my anorexia in the past
I completely understand. I was emotionally and physically abuse by mom who allow me to be abuse by my brother. I stopped eating. I should have been in the hospital.
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-20-2018, 05:38 PM #8
Legendary Wise Elder

Legendary Wise Elder

10 yr Member
11k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

In treatment all they harped on was that I had body image issues. What they NEVER touched on was the REAL CAUSE which was the stress of everything I was going through & no one even thought to consider my bad marriage because it looked good from the outside. Ah....what we really learn years down the road when everything comes to light & starts making total sense to us.

Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-21-2018, 10:22 AM #9
Wise Elder

Wise Elder
MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

2 yr Member
29.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

If you're not feeling well, Buffy01, I think you need to go to a doctor and see how it goes from there. Hopefully that will help. I'm sorry you're struggling with this, I know it's hard. Please stay safe and take care of yourself. Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from:
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 12-22-2018, 07:58 AM #10
Magnate

Magnate
Buffy01 has no updates.

3,491 hugs
given

Quote:
In treatment all they harped on was that I had body image issues. What they NEVER touched on was the REAL CAUSE which was the stress of everything I was going through & no one even thought to consider my bad marriage because it looked good from the outside. Ah....what we really learn years down the road when everything comes to light & starts making total sense to us.
That true!