Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > >

advertisement

Old 12-31-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
HopefullyLost1211
Grand Member

HopefullyLost1211 is working on a life of intention

My Mood: A helpful Ted Talk for anyone who wants to better understand chemical dependence

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1,208 hugs
given
Lightbulb A helpful Ted Talk for anyone who wants to better understand chemical dependence

Johann Hari: Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong | TED Talk

What really causes addiction -- to everything from cocaine to smart-phones? And how can we overcome it? Johann Hari has seen our current methods fail firsthand, as he has watched loved ones struggle to manage their addictions. He started to wonder why we treat addicts the way we do -- and if there might be a better way. As he shares in this deeply personal talk, his questions took him around the world, and unearthed some surprising and hopeful ways of thinking about an age-old problem.

This talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.

ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Johann Hari spent three years researching the war on drugs; along the way, he discovered that addiction is not what we think it is.
HopefullyLost1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 01-06-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
bizi
Bizi is bizi

bizi 1-14-19 Day one AF

My Mood: A helpful Ted Talk for anyone who wants to better understand chemical dependence

10 yr Member
20.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Re: A helpful Ted Talk for anyone who wants to better understand chemical dependence

very good ted talk.
bizi

Geodon 80mg twice a day
Lamictal 200mg twice a day
klonipin .5 mg at night
3mg of prolonged release melatonin at night
5mg zyprexa at night

magnesium 1000mg, probiotic, turmeric twice a day,
vit d3 5,000units, calcium 500mg twice a day,
vit c 1000mg, fish oils 1000mg ,co-q10 100mg,
multi-vitamin and mineral, thiamine 26mg twice a day
12 pills at noon
13 pills at night
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #3
MickeyCheeky
Wise Elder

MickeyCheeky My echo is the only voice coming back

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
2 yr Member
23.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: A helpful Ted Talk for anyone who wants to better understand chemical dependence

Thank you for sharing this, HopefullyLost1211
MickeyCheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 01-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
Lost child
Lost child has no updates.

Default Re: A helpful Ted Talk for anyone who wants to better understand chemical dependence

I'm lying to my therapist and everyone else about my sobriety, four years ago I gave up a 13 year addiction to pain medications but I have taken them occasionally but I steal them from my dad and the guilt is overwhelming but I can't ever admit it to my parents, I also abuse my prescription of Adderall and I know I have to stop getting my prescription but that's the only thing that actually gets me up and off this bed, I tell everyone I'm isolating because I'm healing spiritual finding myself again but that's also a lie I just can't make myself get up and do anything, I think this is why I like being alone all of the time because I hate lying to everyone and I don't want them to know, I have a tela healthy appointment with my therapist tomorrow and I know I need to tell her because she can't help me if she doesn't know everything but I probably won't, this is the first time I've been completely honest and told anyone and I'm so happy I found this site because I feel like I can be my complete honest self
Lost child is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: