Bizi is bizi

bizi Spring is here!

My Mood: Daily Check In #3

10 yr Member
20.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Red face Re: Daily Check In #3

I am not drinking right now because I am trying to lose weight. I have stalled at 175.4 for days. This is frustrating...I am trying to limit what I eat and not snack, I even took an extra medication for bathroom reasons to see if I need to be cleaned out!
By friday morning if I don't see a budge in the scale I am going to drink at trivia friday night.
My Aspen clinic supplements and shakes come in a few days. Talked to my psych doctor she wants to see what are in the supplements before I take them, oh and I am going to get a b12 shot every month.

bizi
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:

advertisement
Old 06-06-2018, 05:10 AM   #12
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given
Default Re: Daily Check In #3

Child - the countdown to a year is in the little numbers now! Still trailing you by 17 days (I think). Congrats!
UpDownAround is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 06-06-2018, 05:15 AM   #13
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingskye View Post
I am trying to fix this alcohol problem of mine, but really lacking will power. Got an appointment with alcohol services on friday. Hope they can help.
I am going to be something of a broken record as the same advice I gave bzi on weight loss applies to abstinence on drinking - discipline. Especially early on when the benefits haven't really started kicking in yet. You can't make yourself like it yet, so you have to make yourself do it anyway because intellectually you know it's the best decision and you will be happy about it before long and for a very long time afterwards.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 05:20 AM   #14
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
I am not drinking right now because I am trying to lose weight. I have stalled at 175.4 for days. This is frustrating...I am trying to limit what I eat and not snack, I even took an extra medication for bathroom reasons to see if I need to be cleaned out!
By friday morning if I don't see a budge in the scale I am going to drink at trivia friday night.
My Aspen clinic supplements and shakes come in a few days. Talked to my psych doctor she wants to see what are in the supplements before I take them, oh and I am going to get a b12 shot every month.

bizi
Are you tracking calories accurately or just "trying to limit"? The first option always works if you set a goal that is well below what you burn. Try tracking everything for a few days (get the MyFitnessPal app or a similar one) and staying under 1400 and compare that to how you had been eating.
I don't think only waiting until Friday will be giving it much of a chance, especially if you aren't tracking. I also think drinking is not a good choice for you and I think you agree with that. Please don't sabotage yourself.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
childofchaos831
Grand Magnate

childofchaos831 has no updates.

2 yr Member
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDownAround View Post
Child - the countdown to a year is in the little numbers now! Still trailing you by 17 days (I think). Congrats!
You better still be trailing me!
childofchaos831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #16
puzzclar
Grand Magnate

puzzclar has no updates.

8 yr Member
69 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Why can't I beat this thing?!?!?!? Back to square one. Or rather day one....yet it's all I think about.
puzzclar is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #17
UpDownAround
Magnate

UpDownAround is woke!

493 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofchaos831 View Post
You better still be trailing me!
I'm still back here. On day one, I am not sure I would have bet I would make it to a year even if you offered me 10:1 odds. At this point, I would give you 10:1 odds I will make it to a year and take your money. 2 years and 5 years and 10 are looking like achievable goals instead of pipe dreams. Approaching my 60th birthday has a big impact; I have started thinking about mortality more and looking at things that improve the odds of a long healthy life. Seniors drinking like I did have a greatly reduced chance of good health and/or a long life. Lots of occasional bingers become hard core alcoholics in retirement. Scary stuff.
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 03:24 PM   #18
childofchaos831
Grand Magnate

childofchaos831 has no updates.

2 yr Member
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDownAround View Post
I'm still back here. On day one, I am not sure I would have bet I would make it to a year even if you offered me 10:1 odds. At this point, I would give you 10:1 odds I will make it to a year and take your money. 2 years and 5 years and 10 are looking like achievable goals instead of pipe dreams. Approaching my 60th birthday has a big impact; I have started thinking about mortality more and looking at things that improve the odds of a long healthy life. Seniors drinking like I did have a greatly reduced chance of good health and/or a long life. Lots of occasional bingers become hard core alcoholics in retirement. Scary stuff.
I'm glad you were able to look at the consequences. In the moment, when we are upset, it's hard to think things through. It's hard to look at what will happen long term if we take one drink.

For me, that one drink turns into half a bottle and within 3 days, I am extremely suicidal and don't see the point of life at all. Alcohol is deadly to me, but not in the traditional sense. I am younger, 35 years old. Alcohol may not physically kill me like it would you, but it would kill me in a way. I would just die by my own hand rather than a medical consequence of the alcohol itself. That is my consequence. That is why I choose to not drink or drug.
childofchaos831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #19
JessLynn
Account Suspended
JessLynn Just another manic Thursday

3 yr Member
9 hugs
given

Well, day 0 again. Stayed up til 7am drinking, smoking up, eating and sniffing benzos. Felt nice but today sucks ***.
JessLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 06-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #20
bizi
Bizi is bizi

bizi Spring is here!

10 yr Member
20.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Red face Re: Daily Check In #3

I will weigh tomorrow, forgot to today. will see if I have lost any, I hope so.
thanks for your support.
bizi
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote