Community Support Team

splitimage has no updates.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
16 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily addictions check in #[two]

emgreen, good luck with your surgery. I hope it's successful. I totally understand your concerns about pain meds. Oxys are nothing to fool around with. But I think with your awareness and commitment to recovery, you should be able to use them responsibly.

splitimage

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favorite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

As some of you may know, my blog is currently off-line due to some problems at my previous site host. I'm working with my web master to rebuild and get back on-line.
splitimage is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #242
Grand Poohbah

UpDownAround is woke!

My Mood:

470 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgreen View Post
It's Monday now...& my shoulder surgery is Thursday (life as I know it willl change Thursday morning -- no driving for 4-6 weeks, etc.). I've tried to block it out, I'm now three days out. I've heard different things the about pain level after surgery & about Oxy, a big factor is how much pain I feel. I've never abused my meds or other pills, but the opioid thing has to be taken seriously...But we've discussed that on here before. I guess I just wanted to vent!
I drove mostly one handed and used both hands on the keyboard within a few days so I could pay bills and feed children (I am an hourly contractor, so time off comes out of savings). I hated the sling; it had a spacer to keep me from resting my forearm against my gut. I could move the arm around in a limited range of motion without any load on it a couple of days after surgery. I am not sure if yours is more extensive (mine was two bad tears and lots of bone spurs and "loose matter") or if your doc is being conservative, but by 4 weeks PT was starting to involve some effort.

I hope everything goes well.
|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder
|lamictal, wellbutrin, straterra
|
UpDownAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:45 AM   #243
Wise Elder

emgreen has no updates.

5 yr Member
707 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Thanks for the good thoughts & experiences splitimage & UpDownAround. I especially liked your progression of recovery, UDA. Thanks, both.

GF asked me to rake the leaves today, but told her I was taking a "day off" since my surgery is Thursday. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my T & have to get my hair cut short so it's easier to wash. I feel kind of guilty (should I?), but I've been traveling around the house, looking for potential problems using one hand. Also, I have a stick shift on my car, so really won't be able to drive for 4-6 weeks. I just feel so unmotivated & in need of time alone with two arms! Oh, well. A lot of folks have it far worse.
emgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Old 11-14-2017, 11:56 AM   #244

JessLynn Just another manic Thursday

My Mood:

3 yr Member
9 hugs
given

Well my girlfriend and I both ****ed up this weekend, went on a crystal bender :/ So today I told her I want to quit crystal and gave her an ultimatum. Me or meth. And she couldn't decide. So I'm moving out.
"I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have."

Dx: Borderline Personality Disorder
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Atypical anorexia nervosa (REMISSION BABY)
JessLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-14-2017, 12:08 PM   #245
Grand Poohbah

UpDownAround is woke!

My Mood:

470 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLynn View Post
Well my girlfriend and I both ****ed up this weekend, went on a crystal bender :/ So today I told her I want to quit crystal and gave her an ultimatum. Me or meth. And she couldn't decide. So I'm moving out.
I hate to hear you are having personal turmoil over it, but I am glad to see you are serious enough about your recovery to take that step. It bodes well for you.
|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder
|lamictal, wellbutrin, straterra
|
UpDownAround is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #246
Wise Elder

emgreen has no updates.

5 yr Member
707 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

You probably have mixed feelings at this point, Jess. I think it's cool that you're ready to do something about your problem.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #247
Magnate

greentires4me calling all crows by state radio

My Mood:

3 yr Member
399 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I have this biggest headache on earth...i was trying to get my friend Luka to answer his door I banged on it like 4 times within an hour....to give him coffee it pissed me off so I came downstairs...and am on the computer...I saw my PDoc today and she said she couldn't take away the past diagnosis BS and i said that was the old Laura....not the new one....that was me when I was drinking. If we want to get technical then give me that crappy diagnosis and be done with it because it doesn't serve me only serves you and ultimately you. I choose you for your expertise in the field of Psychiatry because my previous one kept saying she was going to retire like every month, that put me into a tight situation. And I choose you because I knew you would do me no harm!

Anyways...enough of this tiring day and working with professionals who don't own their own shiznat!!!

I know who I am that's all that matters not what some stupid diagnosis says on a card or a letter head.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:10 PM   #248
Grand Magnate

childofchaos831 has no updates.

My Mood:

12 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLynn View Post
I can only imagine how hard that was and is that she couldn't decide, and I hope that you aren't beating yourself up. I also have hope that this will be the beginning that you need to really get a good start in being clean! Be gentle with yourself, you are making good decisions, even tho it may seem different.

Diagnoses:
Schizoaffective Bipolar, C-PTSD, DID, Major Anxiety, Chronic Pain
childofchaos831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:01 AM   #249

Toomixedup has no updates.

8 hugs
given

I've been hanging back in the shadows for a while, watching, reading, seeing everyone's lives go on day by day. Sorry I've been absent. I had been good, keeping to my "two". Well, not tonight. I just want to be surrounded by friends right now. I feel I don't have any. It's been my own struggle in my head, but I feel that any forward momentum is starting to turn against me. Good luck on your surgery EmG; Greentires, you are consistent, and make me smile with your posts; UpDown, same, thing, your consistent posts and triumph over your struggles gives me hope; Jess Lynn, I hope you do get a chance at rehab next week and that you and your GF find consolation and sobriety; and all the others, keep it up...it makes a difference more than you know
Toomixedup is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #250
Wise Elder

emgreen has no updates.

5 yr Member
707 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm glad you've been able to stick to a few. Do your binges ever bring problems of any kind? Just wondering. Something to watch, maybe...

Thanks for the good luck wishes. My surgery is tomorrow. I'll try to expect the best.