Unread 01-12-2017, 04:04 AM   #221
Wise Elder

emgreen Hoof-hearted

3 yr Member
271 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Daily addiction check in #1

Way to go redstripe! I just got out of the hospital after having some major abdominal surgery. They gave me some oxy & morphine in the hospital & I liked them FAR too much; I refused when they offered to send me home with some oxy (I'm a recovering alcoholic). I can't directly relate to your struggle, but can appreciate the effort & fortitude it's taken you to quit that crap for five months! From all I've read, it's really become a killer...Good luck!
emgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Unread 01-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #222
Community Support Team

notz Really?

8 yr Member
9,024 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Emgreen, I too, had major abdominal surgery at the end of November. A 10" long incision from my breast bone to the top of my pubis! I can't imagine going home without giant pain meds!! Yes, like you, I had to have the big guns as far as pain relievers for my 5 days in the hospital. Once I went home I took the oxycodone as directed but under the supervision of my spouse. I haven't had anything stronger than Advil for over a month now and I'm ok.

I'm well practiced at playing the tape through, I never want to go back to where I was! I will always fiercely protect my sobriety!! But since they went traipsing all through my guts removing various parts and lymph nodes I had to go home with adequate pain relief or that could have triggered drug seeking behavior for me.

I hope whatever you had the surgery for is reconciled.

notz
notz is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #223
Poohbah

childofchaos831 has no updates.

My Mood:

4 hugs
given

26 days. I had the 3rd ESI last week, and oddly it is not messing with my head right now... (knock on wood)

Diagnoses:
Schizoaffective Bipolar, C-PTSD, DID, Major Anxiety, Chronic Pain
childofchaos831 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 01-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #224
~A Magic Soul Wandering~

LadyShadow Has gone to the other side.......and beyond

My Mood:

3 yr Member
5,196 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Just quit my job, and feeling like an absolute failure. Want to just drown in alcohol and not think. Been 3 weeks since my last drink because things were going well.
Draw closer,
To find each other,
And to feel.
That is the purpose of life.

Please follow my blog and support me!!

http://www.shatteredwish.com
LadyShadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 01-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #225
Grand Magnate

puzzclar feels lost

My Mood:

5 yr Member
69 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

3 weeks is great. Let's make it more ladyshadow
Unread 01-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #226
Wise Elder

emgreen Hoof-hearted

3 yr Member
271 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
Just quit my job, and feeling like an absolute failure. Want to just drown in alcohol and not think. Been 3 weeks since my last drink because things were going well.
I'm sorry you feel like a failure for quitting your job, but I'm sure there must have been a good reason. Perhaps I'm wrong, but drinking would only make you feel worse about yourself. I know...I know...Easier said than done. If it's any consolation, I (& perhaps many of us) have been in your shoes before. It's not a comfortable place, but you don't have to lose your sobriety over it. Feel better...
Unread 01-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #227

Justbyou Living in today..

My Mood:

5 yr Member
14 hugs
given

I just celebrated 8 months clean this week. I wouldíve had 2 years this month, but had a 5 day relapse back in May. At that point I put myself back into treatment and today feel stronger than ever in my recovery.

I stay a little bit scared though because I know that addict in me is strong and wants nothing more than to destroy me. Iíve been staying motivated and focused by going to 2-3 meetings a week. I go to the ones at my treatment center. They are a bit different than 12 step program, but they work great for me. I also go to counseling, exercise, hang out with positive people and have created a great routine in life.

So overall today I am doing really well. Iím happy to be back on the forum and hope to talk to you all.

Diagnosed with: Bipolar 2, BPD, PTSD & Social Anxeity
Current Meds: Lamictal, Abilify, Gabapentin, Prazosin, Wellbutrin, Provigil & Propranolol.

Drug free since 5/10/2016 & Alcohol free since 12/6/2014
Justbyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2017, 04:29 PM   #228
Wise Elder

emgreen Hoof-hearted

3 yr Member
271 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notz View Post
Emgreen, I too, had major abdominal surgery at the end of November. A 10" long incision from my breast bone to the top of my pubis! I can't imagine going home without giant pain meds!! Yes, like you, I had to have the big guns as far as pain relievers for my 5 days in the hospital. Once I went home I took the oxycodone as directed but under the supervision of my spouse. I haven't had anything stronger than Advil for over a month now and I'm ok.

I'm well practiced at playing the tape through, I never want to go back to where I was! I will always fiercely protect my sobriety!! But since they went traipsing all through my guts removing various parts and lymph nodes I had to go home with adequate pain relief or that could have triggered drug seeking behavior for me.
For the record, I wrote notz a PM. Her surgery was far more serious than my own. Let's all wish her a speedy recovery.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from:
Unread 01-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #229

Justbyou Living in today..

My Mood:

5 yr Member
14 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
Youíre definitely not a failure. Quitting a job can bringing up many different emotions. Some emotions are not so fun to deal with. When I think of using and just wanting to not think I play things forward in my mind. How things would end up if I did use..etc. Typically the end result is worse than where I was at to begin with. I hope you hang in there. 3 weeks is awesome!!

Diagnosed with: Bipolar 2, BPD, PTSD & Social Anxeity
Current Meds: Lamictal, Abilify, Gabapentin, Prazosin, Wellbutrin, Provigil & Propranolol.

Drug free since 5/10/2016 & Alcohol free since 12/6/2014
Justbyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #230
Community Support Team

notz Really?

8 yr Member
9,024 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Emgreen, it is I who owes an apology! I think you did the right thing for you just as I did the right thing for me. I should have been more clear. I was trying to point out that sometimes you have to take prescribed pain meds because not to could be dangerous, as in cause drug seeking behavior. I wasn't meaning to disparage you or your recovery, I'm sorry.

notz
notz is offline   Reply With Quote