Grand Magnate

allme has no updates.

My Mood:

8 yr Member
1,166 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Kratom and Tramadol abuse

I have got myself into a terrible mess. After years of being addicted to drugs (of many kinds) I found tramadol. I have been using daily for months. Anyway, I thought it was time to stop them so I joined a drugs forum where they told me something called Kratom could help with withdrawals. But I have been taking the kratom to get high and now alternate between the tramadol and kratom to get high all the time.

I keep making appointments to go get help but never show. I am constantly high and have been in a daze for months now. I don't know how to stop. If I give it all up, I will face going back to being depressed and anxious. So please tell me, how am I supposed to do this?

I really want to clean up but I am so scared of doing so and going back to how I was. I hardly post here anymore because I have been so happy (high)

So seriously, how am I supposed to give this up when I know what I'll face?

Last edited by allme; 05-18-2014 at 08:13 AM..
allme is offline   Reply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
Comfy Sedation

junkDNA is a bean

My Mood:

5 yr Member
7,716 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Kratom and Tramadol abuse

well i tried kratom and it made my symptoms worse. i suggest u research kratom on the internet. there are some withdrawals from it. and it is addictive. and its about to be made illegal. so u might just have to give it up that way. i wouldnt advise using kratom. theres not alot of research about it on how it affects people long term.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #3
Grand Magnate

allme has no updates.

My Mood:

8 yr Member
1,166 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I am in the UK and it is still legal here. I haven't heard anything about it being made illegal here but maybe that's what I need to get off this stuff.

I just don't want to face a reality where I am down every day and I can't face the misery of it all.

I want to stop getting high but I don't know how

allme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Comfy Sedation

junkDNA is a bean

My Mood:

5 yr Member
7,716 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

ive been where u are. i used drugs to cope with depression for a long time. honestly when u first start to get sober and are sober for a while its hard to deal with the depression and anxiety because u had a crutch for it for so long. but trust me that fades away. u just need to be 100% committed to changing ur behavior and life and stay consistent. u will also need a LOT of support. its about taking responsibility for your life and what you are doing with it. we have no reason to be responsible if we are on drugs. because our lives are always just about getting that high. it takes a lot of growing up and holding urself accountable. i did it. i was addicted to opiates very seriously for years. it was one of the hardest things i ever did, get sober. but i did it. and i believe you can do it too
Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
Elder

Altered Moment has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member PC PoohBah!

I self medicated for depression with drugs and alcohol for 17 years. The problem is it actually works for awhile. I was able to function and cope with life with drugs. Of course i was just burying everything under the drugs. As you can imagine it didn't end well. I got clean and sober. Imagining life without it was the scariest thing I could imagine. You can do it. You are aware it is a problem and you are starting to reach out for help. There is effective treatment for depression. Hard to sort out when you are still using. Get sober first and seek help for depression if you have it.

I had never heard of Tramadol. About three years ago I was having a lot of back pain and a buddy of mine gave me like 60 or 90 of them. I thought they were non narcotic and safe when i looked it up. Well I found out you could get high and I liked it. Then I stopped taking them and I had horrible withdrawal. I didn't even know I was having withdrawal as I didn't know Tramadol could cause it. Anxiety like crawling out of my skin horrible withdrawal. I went through it cold turkey not even knowing what it was. You could say I relapsed...I dunno. I call it a slip or just a dumb move because I thought it was a safe drug. I would say get medical help from someone who knows about addiction and withdrawal. They could probably give you a benzo temporarily to get through the withdrawal.

When the pain of staying the same exceeds the pain of changing, we will change.

Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder with some paranoid delusions thrown in for fun.
Recovering Alcoholic and Addict
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 80mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg for sleep
Klonopin .5mg twice a day, cutting this back
Altered Moment is offline   Reply With Quote