View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 07:21 PM  
HappyCrafter
Poohbah

HappyCrafter Project is moving FULL Steam Ahead!!

My Mood:

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1,850 hugs
given
Default Re: I have over 11 years of sobriety

Quote:
Originally Posted by zijax View Post
Congratulations! How did you do it?
Zijax, I apologize for not checking this thread earlier.

How did I do it? That's the big question, isn't it? I have Clinical Depression and Complex PTSD and both impair my memory. I cannot remember the exact events that led up to my stopping drinking. I had serious problems and realized drinking wasn't helping me better my life. I did stop drinking but, I switched to overeating.

What helped me the most was working hard to resolve the problems that fueled my depression. I have been in a out of psychotherapy over the years and that worked for me. My background is a monstrosity and I needed the one on one to get through it.

I had to learn new healthy habits to get my life on track because I was adding to my problems.

Does this help answer your question?

My efforts to increase awareness on mental health issues Secretly Brainwashed to Bully and Troll is in Creative Corner.

Sobriety Fangirl Since 11/16/2007.

Google Blog: RecoveryinBalance.HOW

Health issues: Complex PTSD, Clinical Depression, Traumatic Amnesia from CA/DV, Alcoholism, Chronic Fatigue and Pain, RA, Osteorthritis, TOS, DDD, DJD, Spinal Stenosis, Morbid Obesity, Fibro...
HappyCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote