View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
Feeling resentful
Newly Joined
Feeling resentful has no updates.

Default Frustrated and resentful

I have been in a healthy relationship with my bf for almost 3 yrs. He moved in a few months after we met and has his 3 kids ages 8,10 &14. At first i didnt mind his children but he ended up injuring himself at work and has been totally dependnt on my financial support. For almost 2 yrs now. I pay for everything from mortgage to clothes food and gas for him and his kids when they come every other weekend. I feel used and abused in that sense and have become extremely resentful towards his kids. 50% of the times they come over they are infested with fleas or lice or some other contagious infection and im responsible for spending what little i have to try and fix their problems. I have begun to hate them even though i know its not their fault but i cant help it. Two to three days before they come for the weekend i start getting anxiety attacks. Ive tried hinting to my bf that i dont want them coming over until he gets back to work and brings home an income of some sort, but he doesnt get it!! This whole situation has drained my bank account and i have no abilility to take time off work for myself and even put money aside for my retirement. Im completely stressed out about this whole situation and cant deal with his kids when they come over. I hide in my room when they come for the weekend because i cant stand being in the same room as them.
I love my bf dearly. He treats me respectfully and lovingly but he expects me to keeps supplying his kids with food and clothes and gas for travelling back and forth to a different city and any excursions they want to go on. i cant stand the kids and feel like a horrible person for the way i feel. Do i have the right to put a stop to all of this insanity until he earns a paycheck again??
P.s. ive already raised my children...one is on her own and the other is in his last year of highschool. I dont want to be his kids 'mom'. Any positive advice would be greatly appreciated...TIA
Feeling resentful is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from: