View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 11:39 AM  
Junior Member
nomo/fomo has no updates.
Member Since: May 2017
Location: East
Posts: 13
Default Help with Domestic Issue

My dr is saying my elderly mother raising her hand to me (and hitting me) or grabbing and twisting my wrist is NOT violent. She says she could "give me a book" about parents being violent to their children and suggests we talk it out in session with both parties present. I want to report my mother to APS but there would be no one to take care of my father with Alzheimer's disease, and my mother is paying my dr's bills.

It's a messy, complicated situation, therefore because I live with them at the moment.
This is recent in the last 5 days or so, so if I report it makes sense to do it soon.
Her sister already asked mother by phone about two weeks ago if I was "abusing" her and if she was "safe", only because I asked mother to withhold information about leaving my recent employment from sister, and this way sister manipulated her into telling the story. Dr says about this: Sister is important person in family and there may be some "bias" against me because I have had some hospitalizations. I am concerned if I contact APS sister will come forward or there will be trouble because I have this "hx".
For the most part I am high functioning and don't want this to get in the way of my future goals. But it would pain me to keep this secret.
I am not prepared to assume responsibility for my father, financial or otherwise.

Just curious what the feedback is. I have suspected this site is only for the sickest, like the blind leading the blind. It would follow that it would be a great forum for drs or drs-in-training to float "test cases" and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what goes on here, under guise of many handles.

The ideal outcome for me might be to get my mother into mandatory counseling. Is that possible via APS?

Last edited by nomo/fomo; 07-16-2017 at 12:19 PM..
nomo/fomo is offline   Reply With Quote