View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 09:14 PM  
Kowareta
Kowareta has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
21 hugs
given
Arrow Does anyone else hate music suggestions?

I absolutely love listening to music and I'm always looking for new songs and bands, but I always find myself never listening to or liking music suggestions, even if the band/song is exactly the type of music I listen to. Sometimes someone will suggest a band/song and I hate it, but months later I come across it myself and completely adore it. I think I've finally figured out why.

To me, music is very intimate. I listen to music to express my emotions and put into words things I otherwise can't. I usually find and connect with music depending on what is going on with my life at the time and how I'm feeling. If I'm happy overall, I might find myself listening to happy, upbeat songs. If I'm feeling depressed, I might find myself listening to heavy metal. If I'm anxious, I'll listen to something like Twenty One Pilots.

The reason I don't like music: I don't like others telling me what to feel. A lot of people listen for the beat or maybe the lyrics, but they aren't as personal as me. It's like they're telling me "hey feel this way" or even if someone said "I bought you this underwear please where it." Music to me is intimate, private, and a very personal experience. I don't like people telling me what to listen to or how to feel about it.

As a side note, this is why I hate music bashing. I'll joke that country is the worst (I only think that because the lyrics are repetitive and I can never connect to them), but I would never bash someone for listening to it. If that person connects and expresses themselves over country songs, then that's their own thing. I have no right to judge something that I believe to be personal.
Kowareta is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hugs from: