Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sleep Issues & Dream Interpretation

advertisement
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
regnum-somniis not sure if getting better or ignoring feelings

My Mood:

Question maggots coming out of my face

The other night I had a really disturbing dream that there was a swollen lump on my face, and when I squeezed it a maggot came out. A really fat maggot, far too big for the little hole it came out of.
But then another one came out, and another... and another. In the end probably about ten big fat maggots came crawling out of a hole in my cheek and then I felt my face again and the lump was still there so I squeezed one more time and another maggot came out, then the lump was gone and so were the maggots..
When I looked this up for dream interpretation, I found that maggots represent death and basically that I need to take it as a forewarning.. this terrifies me because I already have disturbing enough dreams.
What do you think this could mean? I've never had any fear of maggots, never really even thought of maggots. Its not something I heard about in reality and its being reflected through my subconscious.. I literally have no idea what to make of this
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #2

PenultimatePeril has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given
Default Re: maggots coming out of my face

Death doesn't always mean someone is going to die - Death can mean the end of a situation or that things are going to change.

Edit : I just looked up maggots on a dream interpretation site and got this :

''To see maggots in your dream represent your anxieties about death. It may also be indicative of some issue or problem that you have been rejecting and it is now "eating away" at you. You need to confront it for it is destroying your sense of harmony and balance.In particular, to dream that you are stepping on maggots indicate guilt and impurity. You are trying to repress your immoral thoughts or behavior. On a positive note, this dream symbolizes your resilience, persistence, and your ability to bounce back from adversity.''

So your dream could also be telling you that you need to confront something that is eating away at you.
The girl who seemed unbreakable BROKE, the girl who always laughed CRIED the girl who never stopped trying finally GAVE UP, she dropped a fake smile as a tear rolled down her cheek and she whispered too herself "i cant do this anymore"

I'm like marmite you either love or hate me .

i can't drown my demons - they know how to swim.
PenultimatePeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Magnate

Thunder Bow Navajo Shaman

My Mood:

2 yr Member
Default Re: maggots coming out of my face

Some thing in real life got under your skin! Can you identify it?
Thunder Bow is offline   Reply With Quote