Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Sleep Issues & Dream Interpretation

advertisement
Unread 11-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Anonymous33045
Anonymous33045 has no updates. Edit

Trig Dream about being a serial killer??

Last night I had a dream that I killed a lot of people in an amusement park for no reason, just because I was angry and wanted to, and no one was able to see me doing it. Then my dream cut to my dad's house and my brother was there watching TV in the living room. I killed another random stranger who was in the house, only I hit him probably 3 times harder than everyone else and his face was terribly bloody and mangled. Still, my brother was unable to see me doing this. Even though no one was aware of what I had done, I felt this extreme anxiety during the dream like I was running out off time before they all saw me. Every time I hurt someone I tried to "fix" it by cleaning off their wounds with this big white towel that I kept in a shoebox, which, at the end of the dream, was all red. I tried hiding the last person I killed in my dad's garage but when I opened the door there was this dusty old piano there and the person told me, "When pianos such as this are even slightly off tune, you should just throw them away because they'll never sound the same again."

When I woke up from the dream I had this big head ache. I had a headache when I went to sleep, and still do, but it was at its worst when I woke up from the dream. My first thought when I woke up was "OMG I was a serial killer" I don't know what to make of it I've never had a murder dream before.
Unread 11-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #2

Tosspot is.

My Mood:

2 yr Member
25 hugs
given
Default Re: Dream about being a serial killer??

Dreams like this are awful and scary especially the first time. I am by no means a dream analyst, keep that in mind. I've had dreams of killing many people before and was terrified that I was a person capable of murder when I woke up. Try to think about where you are in your own life. Often times going through periods of mental/spiritual shifts in beliefs can cause you to "kill" people in dreams, people can represent old ideas that you are trying to change and be rid of. Since you only seemed to kill strangers who crossed your path it may be that you are trying to keep people from getting close to you and not allow them in in your waking life. Your dream definitely has a desperate vibe to it so I'd recommend trying to figure out whats going on in your waking life and trying to connect the two.

Remember dreams are symbolic, (you might not be a serial killer in real life )I believe its your sub-concious trying to work through issues in your waking life.

Hope this helps!
Tosspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Bloviator-in-Chief

Ygrec23 says: "Verlaine in Paris. Who knows Verlaine?"

My Mood:

3 yr Member
72 hugs
given
Wink Re: Dream about being a serial killer??

Hi, thatgirl,

If your concern is that you really might in real life become a serial killer, or even just a one-shot killer, please be aware that huge numbers of people have such dreams who never commit the slightest crimes. It's simply a clue to strong feelings you have about someone or something. You may be very angry at someone, very resentful of someone, or otherwise feel in a very negative way toward someone. Analysis of the dream can lead you to finding out just who or what you're angry at or resentful of. You do not need to be frightened at your own personal potential for homicide.

When interpreting dreams, only you can do it. Only you understand yourself sufficiently to be able to tell what the dream really means. Even a T isn't going to be able to tell you what the dream means, though they may help you figure it out. The most fruitful line of inquiry, I would think, would be to feel out who you really feel angry at. Beyond that, it's up to you. Hope this has helped. Take care.
Ygrec23
Ygrec23 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
just another lost soul

beauflow looked up at the stars, and realized-- she is just a spec on a larger spec...

2 yr Member
14,423 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Dream about being a serial killer??

That Girl Some where I have to agree with Ygrec23, "When interpreting dreams, only you can do it. Only you understand yourself sufficiently to be able to tell what the dream really means."

and "please be aware that huge numbers of people have such dreams who never commit the slightest crimes."

When i am upset with people, angry or frustrated, I can have some disturbing dreams including killing others, I am not a killer in life, I don't even get into physical fights.

Dreams I have been told are some times releases for our conscious mind, of stress that we are in real life...
There are a lot of websites out there with help interpreting dreams, but even then it goes back to what does it mean to you.

Be well and hope you better dreams

keep trying with a little bit of hope, as always

one of my fav. quotes: "A laugh is worth a hundred groans in any market." Charles Lamb
one of my fav songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da7StUzVh3s
beauflow is offline   Reply With Quote