advertisement
Unread 06-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
Elder

seeker1950 has no updates.

8 yr Member
992 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Do you think deceased loved ones watch over us?

I ask this because at times I've felt this. Once, when I was making a very bad decision, I actually heard my dad's voice saying "Patty, you know better than this!" Maybe it's just the things we learned from our parents, and the "voice" was part of that learning, rather than something spiritual or supernatural. But it was so marked and vivid...one of those experiences that remain with me.
Just wondering if anyone else has an opinion on this.
Patty
seeker1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

wottesworthgurl has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Default Re: Do you think deceased loved ones watch over us?

Yes I do think our loved ones watch over us (: I often find myself thinking when I'm about to something wrong 'would___want me to do this right now?'
wottesworthgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
walker
sanityseeker has no updates.

5 yr Member

Yes I beleive they do even if in a way that we can't really understand. It is a spirit connection I think. As spiritual beings having a human experience it just makes sense to me that our spirit connects with all other spirits. Those having a human experience with me or without me. In spirit there is no time so spirit can travel through the times of all human experiences.

I think when we hear a voice it could be a spiritual connection. Spirit speaking to spirit. Or it could just be hearing something we might expect to hear if the loved one were still present in human form. Either way it is a connect that is precious. It is love that allows a loved one to speak to us one way or another.
sanityseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Shadowghost has no updates.

3 yr Member

No, I don't think they do. I think it's just a comforting myth people are told to help them through the grieving process. There's nothing wrong with this. If it gives peace to others, far be it from me to disabuse them of their belief. After my youngest brother died some years ago, I went through a period when I gave this idea serious consideration. I reached the conclusion I reached for reasons I won't go into here, mainly because I don't want to upset anyone who may have recently lost a loved one. I'll just say that I sure hope none of my dead family or friends are watching over me. I hope they have better things to do in whatever afterlife there may be than wasting their time watching me.
Shadowghost is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
Poohbah

thunderbear has a broken heart </3

5 yr Member
182 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I do belive they watch over us. I have had too many reasons and experiances to belive otherwise.

A Do Da Quantkeeah A-da-nv-do
thunderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Grand Magnate

Rhiannonsmoon Fighting a depressive attack

My Mood:

5 yr Member
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

They most certainly do. They do the rounds and take care of those they love. I've heard the voice of a DLO telling me to go this way or move out of the way or something similar...Also at times of great personal stress and pain, I've had an overwhelming feeling of being loved and told that "everything will be alright". Too often though people think that because there is mental illness, the voices are just auditory hallucinations.

I've had my Grandfather with me since I was a baby. He told me his name was snow and I didn't find out 'til I was 7 that it was his real nickname because he had white hair from birth. My mum told me he was imaginary not real. But when she was clearing out a draw I saw a photo of him and I grabbed it squealing that it was "My Snow". Dad came home and smiled telling me that was his dad, who passed over 5 years before I was born.

Peace, the deep imperturbable peace is right there within you, quieten the mind and slow the heart and breathe...breathe in the perfume of the peace rose and allow it to spread throughout your mind body and senses...it can only benefit you and those you care about...I care about you
Rhiannonsmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #7

MusicLuver15 has no updates.

3 yr Member

Honestly, no. Not at all. It could be because I'm an atheist, but whatever. My whole reason for it, is that it's impossible. My mom's been dead now almost three years and I haven't "experienced" anything like anyone else. There was once, right after my cat died, that I saw a shadow of him in the window, but I personally blame that on my phycosis or just wishing I could see him again, not actually seeing my cat.
Unread 06-20-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
walker
sanityseeker has no updates.

5 yr Member

Often I will smell a strong scent of sweetgrass or sage and in our culture we are taught that it means someone in the spirit world is praying for us. It always makes me feel better.
sanityseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
Grand Poohbah

Aunt Donna missing her mom very much.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
40 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I know there are times I swear I hear my husband's grandmother speaking to me. She was always my rock and comforter. She never took her grandson's side when he was wrong. She was bed-ridden the last few years of her life and her solution to my problems was for me to crawl into the other side of her queen sized bed and tell her all about it. When I am struggling, I can hear her voice talking to me, guiding me, helping me.

Aunt Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #10
Grand Magnate

Rhiannonsmoon Fighting a depressive attack

My Mood:

5 yr Member
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Thats lovely Sanityseeker!

I'm a powerful atheist! I base my beliefs on my own deaths. I've died and was gone over 20 minutes, and 12 minutes respectively. What I saw and experienced some folks won't believe but others who have died know that it is a true account. Not all brains have the same chemical make up, so the same experience will not occur for everyone, but when it comes down to some key factors, not one persons account is different, but it has to be experienced to be believed,

Rhi

Peace, the deep imperturbable peace is right there within you, quieten the mind and slow the heart and breathe...breathe in the perfume of the peace rose and allow it to spread throughout your mind body and senses...it can only benefit you and those you care about...I care about you
Rhiannonsmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: