Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $15.79 Thumbs up Recommended By
87% of reviewers (of 147 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

Clonazepam (Klonopin)

Also known as: Clonex; Iktorivil; Landsen; Lonazep; Paxam; Rivotril

Description

Clonazepam is used to control seizures. It also is used to relieve anxiety. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.

Clonazepam also is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, twitching, schizophrenia, and pain management. Talk to your doctor about the possible risks of using this drug for your condition.

Clonazepam is drug known as a benzodiazepine. It works on the nerve cells in the brain to enhance the effects of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA). GABA slows down nerve cell activity to cause relaxation and decrease nerve excitement.

Before Taking this Medication

Before taking clonazepam,

• tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to clonazepam, alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium, Librax), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), estazolam (ProSom), flurazepam (Dalmane), lorazepam (Ativan), oxazepam (Serax), prazepam (Centrax), temazepam (Restoril), triazolam (Halcion), or any other drugs.
  • tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially antihistamines; cimetadine (Tagamet); digoxin (Lanoxin); disulfiram (Antabuse); fluoxetine (Prozac); isoniazide (INH, Laniazid, Nydrazid); ketoconazole (Nizoral); levodopa (Larodopa, Sinemet); medications for depression, seizures, pain, Parkinson's disease, asthma, colds, or allergies; metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), muscle relaxants; oral contraceptives; phenytoin (Dilantin); probenecid (Benemid); propoxyphene (Darvon); propranolol (Inderal); rifampin (Rifadin); sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline (Theo-Dur); tranquilizers; valproic acid (Depakene); and vitamins. These medications may add to the drowsiness caused by clonazepam.
  • tell your doctor if you have or have ever had glaucoma; seizures; or lung, heart, or liver disease.
  • tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking clonazepam, call your doctor immediately.
  • if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking clonazepam.
  • you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
  • remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
  • tell your doctor if you use tobacco products. Cigarette smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this drug.

Side Effects

Side effects from clonazepam are common and include:

• drowsiness
  • dizziness
  • tiredness
  • weakness
  • dry mouth
  • diarrhea
  • upset stomach
  • changes in appetite
Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
  • restlessness or excitement
  • constipation
  • difficulty urinating
  • frequent urination
  • blurred vision
  • changes in sex drive or ability
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
  • seizures
  • shuffling walk
  • persistent, fine tremor or inability to sit still
  • fever
  • difficulty breathing or swallowing
  • severe skin rash
  • yellowing of the skin or eyes
  • irregular heartbeat

Interactions with Other Drugs

Some interactions between medications can be more severe than others. The best way for you to avoid harmful interactions is to tell your doctor and/or pharmacist what medications you are currently taking, including any over-the-counter products, vitamins, and herbals. For specific information on how Clonazepam interacts with other drugs and the severity of those interactions, please use our Drug Interactions databaser to check for possible drug interactions.

Taking this Medication

Clonazepam comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It usually is taken three times a day and may be taken with or without food. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take clonazepam exactly as directed. Clonazepam can be habit-forming. Do not take a larger dose, take it more often, or for a longer time than your doctor tells you to. Tolerance may develop with long-term or excessive use, making the drug less effective. This medication must be taken regularly to be effective. Do not skip doses even if you feel that you do not need them. Do not take clonazepam for more than 4 months or stop taking this medication without talking to your doctor. Stopping the drug suddenly can worsen your condition and cause withdrawal symptoms (anxiousness, sleeplessness, and irritability). Your doctor probably will decrease your dose gradually.

Missing a Dose

If you take several doses per day and miss a dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.

Storing this Medication

Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.

2klonopin.jpg

Tags: klonopin Clonazepam antianxiety anxiety pcanx pcpain pcpark

Post A Reply 

Reviews

CatFanatic

Wed January 19, 2011 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $7.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Acts fast and eliminates panic symptoms
CONS: Makes me a little drowsy

I take it as needed, and it gets me through situations that I know are triggers. These are situations I don't want to give up because of fear of having a panic attack, passing out, or needing to leave. The drug allows me to attend these social situations without any symptoms.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

cdn071172

Fri January 14, 2011 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Helps relieve anxiety
CONS: Makes me sleepy

The doctor prescribed me Klonopin to help relieve my anxiety and to help with the voices. I do believe that the medicine is working. However, I cannot take the medicine as often as the doctor prescribed because it makes me a little tired. But I have not seemed to develop a tolerance for the medicine yet, which is a good thing. Klonopin does not seem to help me too much at night though. He had to prescribe a sleeping pill for sleep. And the pharmacist said that I can't take both at the same time. But overall, Klonopin has helped me tremendously with my anxiety and the voices.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Bluesgirl

Sun December 5, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Helps with my anxiety and sleep.
CONS: Addictive

Too late for me as far as withdrawal. I expect to be on this med for life. I've had times when I ran out of the medication too soon and had horrible withdrawal symptoms, leaving me totally non-functioning and scared. My doctors have had no problem prescribing for me because I take a low dosage and don't seem to be building up a tolerance, even after 12+ years. I have severe anxiety and insomnia, and the Klonopin helps me get through my days and nights.

IAMMEZ

Fri November 19, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $5.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Relieves and anxiety and helps me sleep
CONS: NA at this time

I've been taking in for about 2 years now with no complaints.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit IAMMEZ's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

JourneyUpward

Wed October 27, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Relieves anxiety, helps to stabilize mood swings
CONS:

I have bipolar disorder and anxiety. Tried dozens of meds & combinations. A last resort was Buproprion XL (generic Wellbutrin) & Clonazepam (generic Klonopin). I take .5 mg clonazepam with 300 mg Buproprion in AM & .5 mg Clonazepam at night with 100 mg seroquel. I can take one or 2 extra doses if needed in the middle of the day if necessary for anxiety. Have never needed more than the one extra in the middle of the day--for me, it gets in my system fast and slows me down so the anxiety dissolves. I can still function well--no side affects that I can think of.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit JourneyUpward's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

Sultrysorrow

Wed August 18, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Very effective
CONS: Takes awhile to work

I used it daily for several months for chronic early morning anxiety.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Sultrysorrow's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

takepsych

Mon August 16, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: good for alleviating anxiety
CONS: it's addictive-you have to take more as time goes on to get same effect

I began at 1 mg twice daily. Now, I'm at 2mg twice daily. Hopefully, I will not require more in a year or so.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit takepsych's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

sneschalmers

Fri August 6, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Relieves anxiety
CONS: Potential for tolerance and addiction

Good anxiety medication

2centsmore

Wed July 28, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Completely relieves my anxiety and the fear of leaving my house or waiting in lines
CONS: doesn't work quite as fast when panic is setting in

I love Klonopin. I was on Xanax with Zolof, then Xanax with Lexapro, and after the Zolof, and Lexapro sent me into having attacks, I stopped using them completely. I was feeling crazy and wouldn't leave my house, didn't want to be around people (I'm a huge social butterfly), and didn't want to wait in lines, period. I refused to venture outside a 5 mile radius of my home. It was driving everyone around me crazy. The Klonopin has given me my life back. I am back to my normal self, I enjoy things now that I didn't before. I would reccomend it to everyone

somethingintheway13
Newly Joined

Sun June 13, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 6 

PROS: decreased anxiety
CONS: makes you really sleepy

been useing this for 7 months and so far so good

txgirl2010

Fri April 30, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: It works with little to no side effects
CONS: none

This has been one of the most helpful meds I have taken for anxiety/panic. The fact that I do not have to take it every day is great too. I haen't ever had any negative side effects from Klonopin. I take a low dose only .25 for panic issues in the daytime. I take .5 if Ineed it to sleep better.

mafub

Sat March 27, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: I keep my "cool!"
CONS: NOTTA!

Without it my heart would be in shatters! My heart doc told me so!!

2morrowisanotherday
Newly Joined

Tue March 9, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Helps me sleep and wake up without anxiety; no more insomnia;gets me through the day
CONS: drowsiness in the morning and concerns about dependence

I slowly but stupidly weaned myself off of my 20 mg/day Prozac thinking that I didn't need to be taking it anymore. Forgetting that each time I've gone off of it in the past,(due to a pregnancy or whatever), situational circumstances as well as PMDD have led me to have issues with depression and anxiety/panic attacks. Fast forward 5 months later and my PMDD along with the stresses of everyday life finally became so overwhelming it all finally caught up with me resulting in full blown anxiety/panic attacks with terrible insomnia. I was becoming dependent on the Xanax that my doc prescribed so she switched me to Klonopin. It has been a God send. I can get 8 full hours of sleep, wake up in the morning and get on with my day with barely any anxiety. My whole outlook has changed. I will be starting back on my Prozac tomorrow and then slowly weaning off of Klonopin as the Prozac kicks in. Depression and anxiety are just like any other disease. Some of us just have to take medicine to control it just like a diabetic who needs insulin. I eat healthy, exercise and take good care of myself but sometimes that's not enough if your brain doesn't produce the right amount of serotonin, GABA, etc. Also, I have just started CBT, (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). I hope I don't become dependent on the Klonopin and am able to wean off of it after the Prozac kicks in. If not, I may be taking two meds. Wish me luck and God Bless.

mafub

Mon March 1, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: CALMING
CONS: NONE

LONG TERM USE, LOW DOSAGE, HELP CONTROL ANIEXTY AND LESSENED STRESS WHICH WAS GOOD FOR MY HEART CONDITION. MY HEART DR. EVEN ASKED TO RAISE MY DOSAGE A LITTLE; "YOU NEED IT!"

phoenix47baby
Grand Member

Tue November 17, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $20.00| Rating: 8 

PROS: it is long-acting as opposed to other benzodiazapenes

turned out to be a good medication

sunney444

Wed November 4, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS:
CONS: didn't work too well for me

it didn't work for me, so i had to switch

sneschalmers

Sat October 10, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: It is helpful for ocd-related acute anxiety and generalized anxiety
CONS: Sometimes it makes me tired

Overall it is very effective the only side effect I have had is occasional tiredness

littleb
Newly Joined

Sat October 10, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 9 

PROS: Elimination of anxiety and physical symptoms of anxiety
CONS:

Excellent drug that has reduced my anxiety in social situations or during public speaking. If taken as needed it is perfect, there may be problems of tolerance if taken daily.

kileyb

Thu August 27, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $5.00| Rating: 8 

PROS: Makes anxiety disappear, great for tough times to take the edge off Changed my life!
CONS: Habit forming and your body builds a tolerance so more is needed, and you get dependent on them which is scary, and fatigue

Before this I tried other benzodiazepines such as xanax and ativan which changed my life. I was scared of everything, leaving the house involved shaking and vomiting from the severe anxiety. As my tolerance grew as I have been on all 3 at different times for 5 years now, Kolonopin is by far the strongest. ****Proceed with caution though, highly addictive, Heroin is easier to kick than these over the long run my Dr. warned.**** I know that they have made such an improvement, but at the same time I get nervous if I am going away, or if i am due with say 2 left, looking at that small amount or worrying about always having to have them is on my mind a lot. Please only use them as needed or not at all because I do resent that they got me.

antianxiety
Newly Joined

Sat July 4, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Works very well for me. Lasts longer than other Benzo's
CONS: None

I have tried most of all the Benzo class drugs (Xanax, valume, Atavan) and I would say I like this one the best by far. With klonopin, it makes me feel extremely relaxed and mellow. Such a mellow that would compare to smoking canibus, but without the paranoia. I take Klonopin to relieve my stress and anxiety that comes with it. It works best for stress. If I have a long stressful day at work, school, or from arguing with my gf; instead of grabbing a six pack from the local liquor store, I pop 1 or 2 mg of Klonopin. It really takes the edge off, pluss some. After taking my dosage, there is nothing you can say to me that will make me upset or annoyed. Not a worry in the world. What I am sure of is that I do not abuse this medicine. I only take this maybe once or twice a week. Anything more than that would leave you at risk to becoming dependant on it. As with the the other benzo class drugs I have tried, they just knock me out for an hour or two. With klonopin, I can take it and not fall asleep, unless I wanted to. It would make it much easier to sleep if that was my intentions. Medicine effects everyone differently, so for anyone else that might try it, your experience might not be as positive as mine. But if you have not tried it, its definately worth giving it a shot. I do not suffer from panic attacks often at all, I use this medicine strictly for stress related issues.

Sultrysorrow

Thu July 2, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: Works for the anxiety like a charm
CONS: None yet.

I prefer it over valium or ativan..

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Sultrysorrow's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

Quorrah

Thu June 25, 2009 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS:
CONS: I have seen many people abuse this medication. I have observed doctors prescribing this even to people w/probs w/Benzos, even AFTER being asked NOT to.

I have never used it personally.

Fri February 20, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: Works instantly if placed under tongue - BUT
CONS: Strong anti-anxiety. HIGH 'DO NOT' RECOMMEND GENERIC

Generic brand no matter the manfacturer - It wanted to drive me homocidialI refuse to take ANY BRAND nowI switched to xannax - not as strong, but not wicked

aymie

Tue January 27, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: calms my anxiety very quickly and keeps me that way for a few hours
CONS: per MD--> habit forming

Before I made an appointment with a psychiatrist, my mom would give me xanax 0.5mg for my high anxiety moments (sweating, tremors, shortness of breath). During my first appointment, I began to have an episode and began the above symptoms and he pulled out a bottle from his drawer and gave me a pill and told me to chew is up. After about 5-7 minutes, I felt my heart rate and temperature go down and I felt a calmness come about. He asked me if I felt better (I did.) and he told me that he had just given me 0.5mg of klonopin, so he wrote me a script for it and it has been a great life saver. I only take it as needed, which is usually only 1 or up to 2 times per day.

ethos
Newly Joined

Mon January 19, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: calms nerves, anxiety and helps sleep
CONS: addicitve

been taking Klonopin for many years, it is extremely helpful and has little side effects. One of the better drugs in this class of medication.

Tayswift
Newly Joined

Fri November 21, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: helps rid panic and anxiety
CONS: makes you a bit sleepy

This medication is the best. You don't get any side effects. It completly allows you to go on with your life and controls your panic and anxiety I highly recommend it! You won't be dissapointed and this is coming from someone who hates to take drugs and was completly scared but it helps tremendously!

alex60
Newly Joined

Thu November 6, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: feel alittle better
CONS: first time taking it

I barely took a .25 mg tablet ten mins ago for bed time, and it is my first time taking it..i am a little scared to take this drug because i have heard that it can become addictive and the withdrawl symptoms are crazy...Another thing i heard is that it can cause acne.. now, i am a major sufferer of acne but took accutane a while back to relieve it and it did wonders..im just scared my acne might come back because of this drug either while i am taking it or when i stop taking it..if anybody has had noticed increased acne because of this medication please let me know!!!!!! also i wantd to know if it is ok to take this drug only when i feel an attack about to happen..is it safe to take only once then stop?? please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

sterlingsugar
Newly Joined

Mon October 27, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $15.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: I can SLEEP :)
CONS: None

I NEVER knew what it was like to fall asleep within ten minutes before Klonopin -- from early childhood it took me 2 - 3 hours to go to sleep! (Unfortunately the sister that shared my room also has this sleep disorder -- our other two siblings don't or we probably would have found out that our sleep habits weren't ordinary.)Regarding addictive quality...I went down by one pill because I thought it might be making me too tired (I've always had low energy) and I had no problems reducing by one pill, but see below.I take one pill in the AM and two in the PM. Sometimes I can't sleep and will lie in bed waiting to drift off -- then I finally figure I must have forgotten my dose the previous night. Once I take the meds I'm off to sleep.I also take this med for anxiety and it helped much more than buspar.Klonopin has saved my life.

Laladien
Newly Joined

Sat August 2, 2008 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 1 

PROS: Worked well for sleep and anxiety...
CONS: Until the tolerance kicked in and I'm stuck getting off...

I've been on Klonopin for seven years, starting at .5mg for anxiety/insomnia and ending at 1.5mg. My new doc realized that I was tolerant of the med and I've been slowly taken off of the drug and am now closing in on two months off. It's hard, especially the lack of sleep (I get MAYBE 3-4 hours a night), but once I was off, things got better. It only goes up from here. Anyone considering this medication needs to understand that it is for short term use ONLY and that long term use can cause dependance - both physical and psychological. Getting off the drug is no picnic, but can be done well if you take it slow.

Just123
Newly Joined

Mon July 21, 2008 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 2 

PROS: mild sedation
CONS: Build quick tolerance, hellish w/d symptoms

I take 3mg/day of this stuff to reduce anxiety and aid in sleep. I have adhd and possibly mania, so it brings me down, but I wish I had never gotten on it. I didn't realize how addictive it was until I became preg. I stopped taking it b/c it is a class D drug. After 3 days, I was shaking and crying and had to call the doc for a refill. I tapered off ok, but had a m/c anyway. If you plan on becoming pregnant, I'd recommend something else. If not use birth control. It can cause defects like cleft palate.

LLMF

Wed July 9, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: Relaxing, long lasting, little "hangover"
CONS: weak for a sleep aid

Prescribed for insomnia. I was only supposed to take .5mg at night. Stayed up for hours. It took around 2mg to actually feel sleepy and that was after about 3 hours of lying awake. At a higher dose works okay for insomnia, but at .5mg it's completely useless to get to sleep IMO.

modernmaster
Newly Joined

Thu July 3, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Great for nite time mood control & good with trazadone
CONS: Hard to stop taken, driving could be a hazard

I have to combine both trazodone with klonopin or I get extreame head pain busting open type.

lv701
Newly Joined

Tue June 24, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: relieves anxiety
CONS: takes too long to take effect

works ok

klonopinalert
Newly Joined

Fri June 20, 2008 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: good the first few years
CONS: the next years are pure hell - side effects and withdrawl symptoms and addiction....

I've been taking klonopin (clonezepam) for about 12 years. It helped me sleep at first and was very confident being around people. The last 8 years my health has steadily decined. I once tried to quit takin them without a Dr.'s advice and I wound up in Emergency. The symptoms were: could not sleep, if I did it was for 2 - 4 hours at a time, auditory hallucenogens, a heightness of hearing ( I seemed to hear things blocks away), aggresive behavior, anxiety, paranoia... the Dr. at the hospital said I had a panic attack/seizure. That was around 4 months ago ( April 2008). Now I am taking only 1 mg most days, my withdrawl symptoms are: extreme thought disorder, dissociation from life, family and important things in life period. The other day I went to EPS ( Emergency Psych Services) with thoughts of homocide on my mind. I am filled with rage-anger, I cannot concentrate on a lot of things, I do not associate with my 6 year old, I have insomnia... the list goes on and on. The reason I am writing this is to caution not only of it's withdrawl symtoms but also the addiction/dependency of this drug. I am a recovering alcoholic/drug user I have quit both, including methamphetamine so I know that klonopin is by far the hardest drug that I've taken to quit using. I've been clean and sober for 9 years. Believe me the long term effects of klonopin are devastating. My mind may seem clear in writing this, but believe me I am a walking catastrophe about to happen - I am slowly recovering and with God's grace I will make it. Sincerely, klonopinalert at childcarealert@yahoo (seriously, this place sucks - do not buy from them)

psychydoc

Wed June 4, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Relief from Anxiety/Extreme Fear
CONS: Tolerance

I take 1 mg a day (.5 twice am/pm) to help with anxiety however I feel that 1 mg twice a day would be my best treatment. I am also on Abilify for major depressive disorder and Celexa 20 mg for depression

carbonmade
Newly Joined

Sun May 4, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 0 

PROS:
CONS:

i was perscribed klonopin 2 1/2 years ago for extreme anxiety, PTSD, and occassional panic attacks and have been on 1mg 2x/day ever since. it's been a miracle drug for me. i rarely get panic attacks and if i do they are MUCH less severe than in the past. and my anxiety is still there but not to the point where it was debilitating before. i would definitely recommend this drug for anyone who seriously needs it. it also helped my fibromyalgia symptoms since klonopin is also a muscle relaxer. the pain in my shoulders and upper back decreased significantly. AND I must say this, yes it is true that this is an addictive drug especially for addicts/alcoholics and if you know you are a person who would probably abuse them then I wouldn't recommend it. HOWEVER, I am an alcoholic, though I don't consider myself an addict since i've never had a problem with drugs, and have taken klonopin for this long period of time without abusing it to feel high. i take it as prescribed to help my symptoms and that is just fine for me. the only problems i ever ran into was when i took my regular prescribed dose with alcohol. I am also on lithium and until recently seroquel (because as someone else mentioned earlier) the combination of klonopin and seroquel made me an absolute zombie. i couldn't wake up in the morning and when i finally did i would get frequent questions whether i was drunk or had overdosed because it caused me to stumble, slur my words, and even fall asleep during meetings after a good 8-10 hours of sleep! and i was only on 25mg of seroquel (though this is a low dose - i weigh 110 lbs.) and as far as the lithium goes - i had disastrous things happen with the combination of lithium, klonopin, and alcohol combined. the last time (& the last time i drank i might add) i wound up in detox after not even having much to drink because of the combo and was so bad i couldn't even walk until late evening the following day. i fainted several times and when i didn't faint could barely walk and had to have some one help guide me around. it was absolutely miserable, thus why i haven't had even one drink since. so i would definitely recommend klonopin for any of the above mentioned issues IF you completely avoid alcohol, are not on seroquel at the same time, and are confident you can take it as prescribed.

Anonymous
Fri May 2, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Calming

I have bad anxiety attacks, and this seems to nock it on the head , although ive only been on it one week i worry unlike valium i cannot feel it ware off , is there an easy overdose rate?. I am also on methadone so i have to be really carefull i was thinking it may help me taper of methadone too if anyone can recommend a better one thanks MM

katfriendly

Sun April 27, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Have had excellent results for anxiety with this medication. At one and one half mg. per day, this works for me, but i can remember my former pdoc having me on 3mg. per day and i don't know how i functioned at all!!!
CONS: None that i have noticed.

Very, very good!

free_me

Sun March 2, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $6.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: relieves very bad anxiety
CONS: drowsiness

this stuff works wonderfully for my gad. i can actually function during the day now. i get a little tired from them but its better than passing out from a panic attack

squirrelgirl
Newly Joined

Thu February 28, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $5.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: less agressiveness, less anxiety attacks, less stress, helps with insomnia,
CONS: zero!

I have been on this med for years. I suffer from major anxiety attacks- so bad that i would pass out. my heart has been caught at 180 bpm (no exercise) just from an attack. This is a miracle drug for me.

kiwisky16
Newly Joined

Sat February 16, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $2.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: quick calmness on onset of panic attacks
CONS: in benzodiazepam family therefore body tolerance and addiction

the panic attacks have become nonexistent with clonazepam, however my doctor decided to switch to buspirone for it's non-addictive properties. just started it a week ago, and well, i regret the decision to switch, been quite moody since i've stopped the clonazepam. however, i experienced no excessive sleepiness like most people do, and increase in appetite (which is a good thing for me) and a clear stability within thought processing. i began taking this for terrible mood shifts and intense anxiety episodes, this stuff is quick acting, and i definitely plan to tell the doctor that he shouldn't of taken me off a medication that worked without a hitch. the dosage i took per day was 0.25 mg a day

12beat
Newly Joined

Fri February 1, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Calming and eliminates anxiety, happy feeling
CONS: Tolerance, my doc tends to worry - habit forming

loosens me up so I can function, get along better with others, more focused. I take a high dose because of tolerance. On it for 3 years and I take 4mg a day. I love it. better than any anti- depressant for me. But the tolerance is a concern.

mike92
Newly Joined

Mon January 28, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Great drug... worked great for me while i was on it
CONS: make spark dependancy

Klonopin is great. But if you have chronic and repeated anxiety attacks you should be taking something like effexor or lexapro instead. This stuff works great, though other people WILL think you are LOADED. I sometimes hear people saying "michaels high" or some people think im on pot which is super annoying. "No I have panic attacks remember and im on klonopin". though you dont feel high at all, it sedates you making your panic shrink much. Just a small warning here, if you feel drowsey and starting the meds DONT DRIVE. Im on effexor only now which works great. and i dont have much of a klonopin withdrawl i used to be on xanax which eventually i didnt want to be dependant on.

vulnerome

Sun January 27, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: Allows me to function on bad days.
CONS: Potential for addiction. Extreme grogginess the next day.

I find this drug is great for intense anxiety. Somedays I am clinging to the desk for fear of hurting myself badly, or get so confused I can't work out how to get dressed and clonazepam works beautifully in both situations. Sadly it does make me very groggy the next day, so I do have to weigh up in my mind whether I can afford to be non-functional tomorrow in return for functioning today.

Eleora

Sat January 26, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Calms me down, doesn't make me sleepy, very little side effects

I've found this to be very helpful. I am a bit nervous about the potential addiction, but because I only take as needed it shouldn't be so bad. It's the best drug I have found for calming me down and lessening my anxiety.

ehrhar

Wed January 16, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Anxiety reduced

One of my all time favorite drugs. Helps stop those racing thoughts I get at night when trying to fall asleep. And it's cheap!!!

ArizonaSun
Newly Joined

Thu January 10, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: I take it for anxiety. It works for me!
CONS: physical dependence

It's very inexpensive and it works for me. I've been taking it everyday for over 5 years.

Amandla
Newly Joined

Wed December 19, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $1.00| Rating: 5 

PROS: Good for cramps, prevents nightmares
CONS: Takes a while to work, fuzzy the next day

This drug is covered by my insurance, hence the cost. It was prescribed to help with cutting--I cut when I'm overwhelmed--basically when I have an anxiety attack. This always occurs at night, usually 1/2 way though my menstrual cycle. The drug was supposed to work 'fast' to disrupt the anxiety. It doesn't work nearly fast enough! I take it and I have to literally handcuff myself to my desk so that I don't go into the kitchen or bathroom and pick up something sharp. 45 minutes later, I'm over the anxiety and I can go to bed. But that's a long time!!(The handcuffing to the desk is also a trick I use to write my dissertation, btw.)Anyway, the good thing about it is that if I take 1mg, within 15 minutes any severe menstrual cramps I have relax considerably and, while I sleep, I do not have any anxiety dreams at all. Often, fear of these dreams and the negative feelings that persist the following day after I have such a dream prevents me from going to sleep. (And not sleeping = bad). So, taking the drug has made sleep a friendly thing again, and thus I have an easier time falling asleep even without the drug.My short answer--it doesn't do what it was supposed to do. But if you have serious muscle spasms or severe anxiety dreams, this drug might help you out!

Anonymous
Thu November 22, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 6 

PROS: Works realatively quickly depending upon whether your stomach is full or empty.
CONS: Sometimes doesn't allow one to remain solidly asleep ... upon waking up, zombie-like behaviour can be noticed with a bit of amnesia and clumsiness combined.

Been on this med for approximately four years now. I am very aware of its addictive qualities (my mom is a Registered Nurse and I have done my own research on it). Can kick in within 15 minutes to an hour for me. Once that happens, my thought processes slow down (i.e. racing thoughts) and my anxiety seems to just float away. Sleep can either be very solid or interrupted. It is best to take this medication with water only after placing the tablet or tablets beneath the tongue to dissolve them a bit more before entering your digestive track and subsequently your bloodstream. Do not eat anything before taking the medication, as your digestive enzymes are already burdened by tyring to break down the nutrional matter contained witin your digestive track, and thereby slowing the breakdown of the medication. *** JUST NOTE THAT THIS DRUG IN WHATEVER AMOUNT CAN AND WILL BE ADDICTIVE IF NOT PROPERLY MONITORED. YOU NEED TO USE JURISPRUDENCE AND COMMON SENSE WHEN YOU TAKE IT *** Best wishes everyone. May your troubles be healed on day soon. Sincerely, august242 (Brent)

madteaparty
Newly Joined

Sat November 17, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: They have almost instant effects, disolving under your tongue.
CONS: Doctors assume there is an addiction becuase they work to well.

Around last March or April I was extreamly hooked on cocaine, a daily user of exsessive amounts. I ended up with extream panic disorder. I was in the hospital almost every day/night with unexplainable fear, crying, paranoia, I thought I was going to die every single time, and I'd make the doctors do the routine checkups (ECG, Blood tests, two day heart moniter, tec.. ) and I came out completely healthy everytime. No matter, I still ended up in the hospital befor the next day was out with the same theatrics I thought I was going to die. Finally they perscribed me Clonazepam and It is amazing. I was perscribed 30 X 2.mg that could be taken up to 3 times daily, as needed. But eventualy after two or three months my doctor said that I had to "taper off off them because they can become addictive, and Benzodiazepines are only for short-term treatment". They put me on Seroquile, and quickly decreased my dose of Clonazepam to a 0.5mg up to twice daily as needed, 'till finally the perscription was completely dicontinued. My anxiety symptoms and panic attacks rebound just the same, if not worse. By that time my doctor was away on holidays in Europe. So I found another doctor who perscribed them to me for the rest of the summer and fall. 0.5 tablets taken up to 2 times-daily; but instead I take a minimum of 2-3 mg as soon as I feel a panic attack comming on, and I don't have to take them more offten or increase the dose. My doctor doesn't know that, yet. This medication works wonderfuly and amazingly every single time, they make my life functional. Now my doctor is back, and she agreed to perscribe them to me, but only in the smallest amount, limited, I have to refill my perscription once per week. Fuck. The reason is because I overdosed about a month ago on 33 tablets. All I can say is "fuck". But it felt good.

Post A Review 

Page:  1 · 2 · 3 More Items