Reviews Index » Books  
4108DBT.jpg

Skills Training Manual For Treating Borderline Personality Disorder
Reviews
spacer
Recommended By Average Price Average Rating
100% of reviewers None indicated 8.5
4108DBT.jpg

Description: This book is used in the treatment of those with Borderline Personality Disorder.
Keywords: DBT, Marsha Linehan
Magnate

Author
Tinaleigh

Review Date: Thu June 18, 2009 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 8 

Pros: Therapists inside look to DBT
Cons: DBT sessions are better

If you are currently in DBT or plan to join an DBT group you will find this book very helpful. Not only does it contain the handouts given in sessions, it goes farther in depth to the skills. It is an excellent supplement to DBT group and individual therapy.
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  
Special_K
Newly Joined

Review Date: Thu November 2, 2006 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 9 

Pros: Useful handouts for DBT
Cons:

This book provides sheets of the skills that are taught in DBT. The book is in large size for ease of photocopying handouts to give to clients. If you do a course of DBT you will probably be given the handouts... What you don't get, however, is the rationale for the skills. I found it extremely useful to read the little blurb on *why* we were learning the skills before going to skills training. It helped me a lot to understand the rationale. There are also good descriptions of how to do the skills and lots of interesting metaphors and examples.I'd reccomend it as a useful suppliment for someone doing DBT. I'd also reccomend it to people more generally. I think everyone can benefit from DBT! I look forward to the day they empirically test it for other dx's such as for improving social skills in schizophrenia and psychotic disorders and so on...
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user