150px-Girl_interrupted_book.jpg
9780747585664.jpg

Girl, Interrupted
Reviews
spacer
Recommended By Average Price Average Rating
100% of reviewers None indicated 10.0
150px-Girl_interrupted_book.jpg

Description: This book, as well as the movie, absolutely changed my life. In 1967, at 18 years old, Susanna Kaysen was hospitalized for depression after attempting suicide. What follows is her 18 month stay in Boston's McLean Hospital, where she is diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and eventually learns a lesson about herself that helps her break free from the grasp of her illness. Five stars.
Keywords: memoir book boston borderline personality disorder
Grand Magnate

Author
BeBrave483

Review Date: Fri December 19, 2014 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 10 

Pros: Made me feel less alone and less crazy
Cons:

Still one of my favourite books and movies, I prefer the movie I think but both are good in their own right. I also related to the characters and stories, and it kind of prepared me for hospitalisation and what to expect (though it's about the 60's) it made me feel less scared about hospital and just coping after etc.
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  
mishelle

Review Date: Thu July 12, 2012 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 10 

Pros:
Cons:

I truly enjoyed the movie and the book. It helped me get through some things and in a way, I felt understood. I would definitely recommend this product.
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  
blameme

Review Date: Sun January 1, 2012 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 10 

Pros:
Cons:

It was like I had written this book in the early 90's. This is my story almost exactly. Different hospital, different location, but experiences were spot on. The movie had the look, feel and mood of the hospital. It was very accurate in ALL of it's depictions.
Gillianlookalike

Review Date: Fri July 29, 2011 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 10 

Pros:
Cons:

Provided insight into my own condition. Extremly interesting.