Forum Reviews Index · Search · Register · Login 

Reviews Index » Books  

PICADOR Less than Zero - Bret Easton Ellis
Reviews
spacer
Recommended By Average Price Average Rating
100% of reviewers None indicated 10.0

Description: Set in affluent Los Angeles, Less than Zero is a raw and powerful portrayal of a young generation that has experienced sex, drugs and disaffection at too early an age. The narrator, Clay, returns home to Los Angeles for Christmas, but his holiday turns into a dizzying spiral of desperation that takes him through the rich suburban homes, the relentless parties, the seedy bars and the glitzy rock clubs. Morally barren, ethically bereft and tinged with implicit violence, Less than zero is the shocking coming-of-age novel about the casual nihilism that comes with youth and money
'This is the novel your mother warned you about, Jim Morrison would be proud' [Eve Babitz]
Keywords: Life sex drugs money depression

User Options

Edit Review

Author
Anonymous
Review Date: Sun April 22, 2007 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 10 

Pros: It's so easy to read and not that long
Cons:

This is my favourite book - I couldn't put it down and spent most of my time thinking "Oh my god, that's actually me, this is how I think and this explains so much!"I recommend this to anyone - especially those who are wary of themselves, because I learnt so much about me from reading this book!