tablets anxiety bipolar disorder sedative

Tags: anxiety bipolar disorder

Post A Reply 

Reviews

seventhsense

Fri May 9, 2014 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: made me sleep and not care about anything
CONS: weight gain, cholesterol spike

I could barely function while taking this drug. It lessened my depression by making me so sleepy, I couldn't think. My cholesterol has been very high and has not come down even after I went off it. I've had various med changes since and will not take seroquel again even though it does help me sleep.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

SideCrow

Thu June 27, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: None
CONS: I never had hallucinations until this drug.

Started with 25mg because I told the doctor I couldn't sleep. That's all, I was restless, not psychotic. Well once I started taking this medicine, when my fan was on, I thought I could hear a conversation going on in the next room, with the fan barely masking the words. It was freaky. I told the doc and she said to increase the dose. The people coversing in the next room kept occuring. I stopped the Seroquel, but the hallucination of the people talking in the next room DID NOT STOP as long as the fan was on. It has been horrible. I knew that it was not real, but it was still unnerving. 5 years later, the sde effect still hppens. A low tone of someone discreetly speaking in another room. It's HORRIBLE. I NEVER experienced such a haunting thing before Seroquel.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Tamster
Community Support Team

Thu May 2, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $2.00| Rating: 7 

PROS: decreased hallucinations, sleep
CONS: daytime sleepiness

Dry mouth, blurred vision and weakness in the legs.

notALICE

Wed May 1, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $28.00| Rating: 1 

PROS: None
CONS: Severe muscle aches, did not help sleep or mood

Did not help insomnia or moods. Had negative side effects, even on low dosage.

philbee

Fri April 5, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: keeps my schizoaffective disorder under complete control. works with risperdal well for me.
CONS: don't ever run out of seroquel!!! i did once a while back and it made me terribly physically sick.

works well for me, but never ever run out!i got horribly sick when i did once. not the kind of med you can easily get off of without a psychiatrists supervision!

swingingadam

Sun October 31, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Helped me sleep
CONS: Severe weight gain

This med is crazy expensive if you don't have insurance. It did an excellent job for me though in helping me sleep, preventing mania, and psychoses. However I have ballooned by 50 pounds over the past three years I have been on it. I am starting to exercise and diet now and the cravings for food are very hard to deal with.

halfdead

Sun September 13, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Helps with sleep issues, helps slightly with anxiety, helps with bipolar depression
CONS: very sedating, weight gain

Originally started for sleep problems, this product has become a main stay in my medication regime for its help with anxiety and bipolar depression. I highly recommend you try this product if antidepressants are not an option in the treatment of your bipolar I or if you have a co-occurring anxiety disorder.

Anonymous
Wed April 23, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Gives immediate relief of mania and mixed episodes
CONS: Increased appetite and weight gain

It works well and quickly. It's even worth the weight gain.

CMac73
Newly Joined

Thu December 6, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: Breaks your thinking
CONS: Waking panic attacks

I only took this medication for 1 week for Bipolar Mixture Affective. A break occured in my thinking pattern and I was able to report a matter to the police after 20 years of blaming myself. I thought it was a delusion but when I met an individual, I discovered he was schizophrenic, I thought I had dreamt him up and he was a delusion. Taking this drug made me see the picture and I was able to report a person that took advantage of the person with schizophrenia's situation and friends. It caused a breakup in my thinking pattern and the pieces of my life are coming together. However, the clear insight was quite shocking and I stopped it due to breathing difficulties.

Gianna

Thu October 25, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: knocked me out like a dummy
CONS: knocked me out like a dummy---took me all day to wake up--gained an additional 25 lbs, caused cognitive impairment

made me eat like a pig--and it was unsafe to drive

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Gianna's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

LeeCh

Sat October 6, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $43.00| Rating: 5 

PROS: calms me, helps me sleep great
CONS: stones me out, I would never be able to drive on this med

This med is great when I get really anxious. It takes me down a peg or two, but it is quite sedating.

Post A Review