Forum Reviews Index · Search · Register · Login 

Reviews Index » Books  

Bantam Books Toxic Parents
Reviews
spacer
Recommended By Average Price Average Rating
100% of reviewers None indicated 8.5

Description: This book can be helpful for people deal with abuse. It deals with different forms of abusive situations and it should be read completely, not by one section that may apply to your situation. The book is set up with different chapters covering different forms of abuse. As a survivor of child abuse, it helped me deal with some difficult issues. As a parent I saw mistakes I have made while raising my children so I bought a copy of this book for a child of mine that was having difficulty dealing with me.
Keywords: Helps deal with forms of abuse.

Author
Christina86
Administrator
Community Support Team

Review Date: Mon June 23, 2008 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 10 

Pros: Good information, expects you to seek additional support outside of reading the book.
Cons: Can be triggering and difficult to read at times

I bought this book expecting it to be drastically different than what it was, but I'm very happily surprised. You learn a lot!
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  
jennie
Poohbah

Review Date: Fri September 21, 2007 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 7 

Pros:
Cons:

I remember throwing this book across the room. I think this stuff is better dealt with a trusted professional then alone in your room without support.
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user