Rating:

Side Effects
spacerspacer
Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $20.00 Thumbs down Recommended By
40% of reviewers (of 15 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

I find that smoking a small amount of marijuana everyday stablizes my moods. It helps with racing thoughts and bipolar disorder. I only smoke a small amount once a day, usually at night because it helps me sleep. I find it a better treatment than prescription meds because it doesn't have any severe side effects and I believe is not as dangerous. I've been on many meds for my bipolar and still haven't found the right one so I decided to engage in this for treatment. To me, it works better than any medicine I have taken and I've been medicated since 2001. I would recommend it for those who have tried various meds and still don't see any results...just do it in moderation.

Tags: marijuana, weed, thc, bipolar, anxiety, alternative

Post A Reply 

Reviews
BlueInanna
~ * ~ Grand Bananas ~ * ~

Review Date: Fri October 12, 2012 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Total Spent: $20.00| Rating: 10 

Pros: stress relief, slows racing thoughts, calms mania
Cons: not great during bp depression

beneficial in moderation

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  
BeatrixMcG

Review Date: Mon August 13, 2012 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

Pros: relaxation
Cons: illegal, hard to obtain

I self medicated with pot for years and years but quit smoking 8 years ago because I was afraid it was contributing to the bi polar 2 depression. However, I have spent the last 4 to 5 years battling the worst episodes of both hypo-mania and depression I've ever had. I recently started smoking pot again and noticed immediately that I felt better. That's enough proof for me. Countless medications (which I'm still on) haven't elevated my depression, but marijuana seems to. I realized that pot has nothing to do with my bipolarness and in some ways actually helps. For the record, I do not have psychotic symptoms and pot doesn't seem to make me manic. A problem it seems others have.I will probably smoke pot for the rest of my life and enjoy my life if this is what it takes. It should be decriminalized or made legal for medical use in my state.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  
Review Date: Fri January 13, 2012 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Total Spent: $20.00| Rating: 9 

Pros: It helps me with manic phases
Cons: It is a depressant & can cause paranoia

It is very helpfull too me as well, but is illegal unless you are a card carrier, and even still is not excepted by employers in the USA who may UA you. So it's not good if your trying to find a job. Also it's a deppressant and can lead to long-term side effects such as paranoia and depression. I would reccomend it to only those who have been percribed it for madicinal purposes only.

Tosspot

Review Date: Mon November 14, 2011 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 2 

Pros: slows racing thoughts
Cons: i love it

I'm bipolar and I smoked pot to stabilize my racing thoughts and bring me down from the mania.. I'd like to think I can still do that because I love the feeling of getting high. Unfortunately I'm an alcoholic and I smoke alcoholicly so i don't recommend this product to people trying to stay sober.

dearyou

Review Date: Sun May 10, 2009 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

Pros: none
Cons: illegal, makes me psychotic, paranoid, short term memory loss

Psychotic, paranoid and not remembering anything for awhile isn't fun. Causes anxiety attacks for me too...

evil_lord_kane

Review Date: Sun January 18, 2009 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

Pros: regardless of mood before smoking, after you just want to sit and laugh at stupid things, or play video games
Cons: it's illegal (though it shouldn't be) and you could lose your kids, job and/or your freedom for using it

i have smoked on occasion. it has helped me calm down when i felt enraged without cause, and helped me to lighten up when i felt depressed and was seriously considering doing something regrettable..

prime23

Review Date: Mon March 17, 2008 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

Pros: Relaxes some people. Helps with chronic pain. Marijuana definetely has some medicinal value.
Cons: Makes me paranoid, manic, psychotic

I'm sure there are some severely mental ill people who have had no ill effects from marijuana. I cannot recommend the drug to people who are prone to hallucinations and delusions, as I am. The drug mimics the psychotic phase of a severe manic episode. For me it has acted as a trigger, so I haven't smoked it in about 20 years. Back in the early 1970s, I didn't have this problem with it; but the marijuana nowadays is usually much stronger. Also, I did not become severely mentally ill until 1977.

LithiumLullabye

Review Date: Mon February 18, 2008 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

Pros: turns nightmares into funny dreams, helps me sleep, calms my rages down
Cons: makes me pass out

I really think marijuana helps me but because it is illegal, it makes it very hard to access safely or confidently, at least.

tigerlillie76

Review Date: Sat November 10, 2007 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

Pros: definity helps me sleep and helps me "chill" out
Cons: makes me eat alot, laziness, and not always able to react to surroundings

I haven't smoked in years, but I do still want it occasionally ecspecially when things are really bad. It definitely can be addictive and I have seen it take control of people's lives. I mostly quit because I have kids and I don't want them around it. I can almost positively say it effects the memory. It is also a short term fix and the more you smoke the more it takes to get the desired effect. Can't say I don't miss it though. If it was legal, I would probably take it up again. Just not do it all the time.

MrsT
Newly Joined

Review Date: Thu September 20, 2007 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

Pros:
Cons: short term effects and hallucinations

Personally did not work for me...at all. I used it during a manic episode following a suggestion from a non-orthidox therapist that it would help me "mellow out"- I took two puffs of non-laced marijauna and began to hallucinate visually and auraly. During my manic episodes I do suffer from severe delusions- these don't effect every bipolar case.

Crackers
Newly Joined

Review Date: Sun September 9, 2007 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

Pros: calms nerves, increases appetite and sleep aid
Cons: $$$ and somewhat addictive.

I have extreme PTSD. I have tried about 18 different types of psychiatric drugs and not one helped. Finally 3 out of my 4 doctors said go ahead and took me off of the prescriptions. My over all condition has improve by 3points (out of 10) in the four months of use.It is illegal so I won't recommend it but, they better hurry up and legalize it.

chocolatelover
Newly Joined

Review Date: Sun August 12, 2007 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

Pros: calms anxiety
Cons: reduced productivity

Sparingly as suggested it can be useful but for me I tend to like it too much and over use and then it becomes a trigger for mood swings rather than a stablizer. It does help with sleep so if one can limit its use I can see how it might have some benefits. I don't mind that it is illegal. It ensures I can know who grew it and how. I prefer the organic varieties and if it gets regulated there will be no way of ensuring the qualities I'm looking for remain consistant. Less government is always better as far as I'm concerned. Misdemenor is all I want to see and that's pretty much how it is in Canada.

Mother_Goose

Review Date: Fri August 3, 2007 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

Pros: NOTHING works better or quicker to calm you down.
Cons: It is ILLEGAL!!!

In the past I didn't worry so much about the illegal aspect and used this to self medicate myself almost daily for 20 years. I gave it up in 1997 and my roller coaster has been much more severe ever since. If it EVER becomes legal it will immediately become a part of my daily regime once again.

orangejuice
Newly Joined

Review Date: Wed June 27, 2007 Would you recommend the product? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

Pros: The short term effect of 'helping' your mood
Cons: respiratory problems , daily cough and phlegm, Marijuana affects memory, judgment and perception, lower achievement than the non-users, more delinquent behavior and aggression, poorer relationships, Some frequent, users develop a tolerence

How long have you took this for exactally? My mother works with people with poor mental health just because they took this, i don't think this type of drug in the long term will make you feel better.

Dulcinea

Review Date: Thu May 31, 2007 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

Pros: calms me down, elevates mood
Cons: weight gain

Definately worth a try. Dosage can be adjusted easily!

Post A Reply