(Out of 5 Stars)
Side Effects
spacerspacer
Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: None indicated Thumbs up Recommended By
67% of reviewers (of 3 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

Atarax is an antihistamine used to relieve the symptoms of common anxiety and tension and, in combination with other medications, to treat anxiety that results from physical illness. It also relieves itching from allergic reactions and can be used as a sedative before and after general anesthesia. Antihistamines work by decreasing the effects of histamine, a chemical the body releases that narrows air passages in the lungs and contributes to inflammation. Antihistamines reduce itching and swelling and dry up secretions from the nose, eyes, and throat.

Tags: antihistamine, anxiety, tension, itching, sedative, histamine blocker

Post A Reply 

Reviews

catsandcoffee

Thu November 21, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: It calms you down pretty quickly and lasts for hours.
CONS: It can very easily make you feel like you are *too* relaxed.

It helps a ton during panic attacks.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

pyewacket

Fri October 19, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: it got rid of my allergy itch
CONS: it knocked me flat on my butt for six hours

I was given this as i developed an allergic reaction to something that made my face, hands and feet itch beyond belief, the meds got rid of the itch, but knocked me out cold for about six hours or more. Not good when you have kids to look after.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit pyewacket's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

catwoman

Tue January 30, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: calmness, helps headaches, promotes sleep
CONS: dry mouth, tired

Atarax has helped my headaches when even Imitrex has not! I sort of found out my accident that this med helped my headaches, when after taking 2 or 3 Imitrex my headache did not go away.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Post A Review