(Out of 5 Stars)
Side Effects
spacerspacer
Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $11.50 Thumbs up Recommended By
80% of reviewers (of 5 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

Trileptal is a drug that is used for both moodstabilization and the treatment of seizures

15780trileptal.jpg

Tags: Mood Stabilzer / anti seizure medication

Post A Reply 

Reviews

Tosspot

Sat November 12, 2011 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $15.00| Rating: 2 

PROS: it works?
CONS: Side effects

I use Trileptal 1200 as an add-on mood stabilizer. The side effects are unbearable (the dose may be too high for me so if it works for you then awesome!) I experienced dizziness, nausea, vomiting, quadruple vision, slurred speech. These episodes are less severe now but still scare me so I take doses when i dont have to drive/work etc. My thoughts are definately slowed, I have trouble putting my thoughts together and difficulty remembering new information. Its not my favorite and I'm done with it - the cons outweigh the pros. I need to be able to think on my feet at my job and not worry about falling over and appearing drunk. Not worth it to me.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

gravyyy
Grand Member

Sat January 30, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: No side effects
CONS: It didn't really work

This medication was fantastic in that it didn't cause me to have the weight gain and sleepiness that Depakote did. I loved that I felt completely normal as far as side effects on it. Problem is it never helped stabilize my mood. It's a weak mood stabilizer. I had 4 other meds in combination with it and I was still cycling like crazy. Finally switched to Lithium about a year ago and my mood cycling has been much milder. Overall I would recommend this to others to try depending on the severity of mood symptoms. It's absolutely not known to be a strong mood stabilizer so if you have severe symptoms it's not going to work really well. Could be worth a try though for many people.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

leftyscotty

Thu October 4, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 0 

PROS: Better because you dont have to get blood tests all the time
CONS:

Works for me!!

mrwagner66

Thu August 30, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Has helped reduce severe mood swings, outbursts, anger spells
CONS: None as of yet!

I had been on this before with Lexapro and it had worked great, pulled the stupid route of "I feel great, I'm cured!" and went off of everything in Dec 2006 - what a crash! By June I was almost fired for my fits of anger, called in numerous times due to depression and hostility. Hit the skids and called a therapist, now I'm back on both and feel very tranquil.. nothing in the zombie state at all! Behavior has improved as well as my insight on life itself. Thinking is much clearer due to lessoning of hostility.

dahlia
Newly Joined

Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $8.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Has stabalized my moods without causing weight gain and it has also helped with my seizures
CONS: Can make you very sleepy

I started taking this medication after I refused to stay on the other basic mood stabilizers due to weight gain. It has been a god send for me. I has also helped with my seizures. Since having a VNS implant and staying on the trileptal I have been seizure free. I still roll in and out of depression (rapid cyc) but it is pretty mild compared to what it use to be.

Post A Review