(Out of 5 Stars)
Side Effects
spacerspacer
Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $16.60 Thumbs up Recommended By
50% of reviewers (of 24 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

Duo layered medicine made to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.

Tags: sleep medicine

Post A Reply 

Reviews

Sat March 8, 2014 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $20.00| Rating: 5 

PROS: Helps sleep a little
CONS: Doesn't help sleep more than melatonin; way less effective than sleep hygeine

Prescribed for insomnia. Maybe my sleep latency dropped a little, but either the same amount or less than when I take melatonin. I would recommend trying alternatives, like sleep hygiene, melatonin, trazodone, or valerian before resorting to this.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

zyekitty

Mon December 30, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: none
CONS: Only made me sleep 3 or 4 hours, was completely ineffective after 2 nights. I became psychotic by day 3...randomly passing out and not remebering things...doing weird things

Horrible, pounding headaches, became obsessed with trying to get more of it. Woke up in my living room with the TV blaring...do not remember going into the living room or turning on the TV.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

wadingthruemotions
Veteran Member

Mon May 6, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $5.00| Rating: 2 

PROS: Not much actually
CONS: Does not help me sleep, increases headaches

Headaches increase and this did not help with falling asleep or staying asleep.

notALICE

Wed May 1, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $25.00| Rating: 1 

PROS: None
CONS: Did not even help me fall asleep

Did not help at all. Waste of money.

Cnytroxy1973
Veteran Member

Mon August 8, 2011 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

CONS: made me sleep eat

Made me hungry. I would get up and eat in the middle of the night.

Sultrysorrow

Wed August 18, 2010 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: None
CONS: If you're like me you'll start binge eating and take the whole bottle with no knowledge until the next morning..

From my experience I nearly overdosed on this stuff. Very dangerous. Did not work for insomnia. Put me in a hypnotic state alright and didn't even know it. Ate a whole bunch of grub and the remaining pills totaling 22 in all..

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Sultrysorrow's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

ledu
Newly Joined

Fri March 12, 2010 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: helps me fall asleep (sometimes) helps keep me asleep (sometimes)
CONS: doesn't always work, major hallucinations, crazy drunk-like behavior involving texting, crying, crazy arguments that I don't remember the following day. Severe depression the day following.

I would love to rate this higher because sometimes it works well, but sometimes it does nothing at all for me and others it makes me an insane person. My boyfriend has recorded me (because I often forget) and I see things, ramble on incessently about nonsense... sometimes I send emails, lots of text messages (always weird things - and often to people I rarely speak to) that I don't even remember sending until I look at my phone the following day. I have had. hallucinations. I don't think I have ever driven or eaten while on ambien, but one time I did walk around outside by myself in the middle of the night while peeing in my pants while staying at my boyfriend's parent's beach house and then took all of my clothes off and slept inside my car. I didn't remember, however (unfortunately) there were witnesses. It's bad news a lot of the time, but I have found if I take it in bed and let myself go to sleep immediately this doesn't happen and I can actually go to sleep, stay asleep and not remember the terrible nightmares I always have. Not to mention the depression I always experience the day after taking it... ugh.. I would really like to try something else.

CalmCarl

Tue February 17, 2009 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: it helped me fall asleep
CONS: it gave me double vision and made me a zombie the next day

I needed help sleeping when I was coming out of a manic episode and this medicine did help me sleep but gave me double vision and made me sleepy all throughout the next day. I would not recommend it.

skittleburst14
Newly Joined

Thu August 14, 2008 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: perhaps good for very occasional use?
CONS: amnesic states, terrible sleep quality, EXTREMELY addictive, pro-depressive

I was actually prescribed this medication at the max dose for a year, if you can believe that (by a psychopharmacologist, no less!) I have spent many years struggling with insomnia - late sleep onset, or waking up too early, or too many times, etc. The first week I was on this, I thought, WOW! This is FANTASTIC!!!! I'm finally falling asleep, and it's soooo good to sleep for nearly 8 hours at a time! And then... very soon after that it was impossible to sleep for any amount of time without it. My doctor increased the dose. That worked for a month, after that I needed it just to get 4 hours of straight sleep, and after THAT, I went through a prolonged depression and was barely functional in school/work. Lunesta is MUCH better as an occasional sleep aid, but the BEST sleep aid on the market right now I'd really have to say is Provigil. Nothing has ever allowed me to sleep and wake up normally. I don't know how it works, it just does.

Gianna

Thu July 24, 2008 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: helped me sleep 2 nights
CONS: extremely addictive if used daily

addictive substance that was ineffective as well

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Gianna's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

adjuster

Sat March 8, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: I sleep hard and wake up rested
CONS: I have amnesic. I feel like I am on acid.

I liek the fact that I really sleep well. But the amnesic is really bad. I have left my house 4 times and have had my husband or kids tell me about it the next day. I have shopped, drove, eatin and don't remember any of it. My husband says I seem so drunk after I take it then anything he has ever seen. He says I am difficult to deal with. And I now tell him when I am planning on taking it and he makes sure I don't leave the bedroom.

thalia23
Newly Joined

Wed February 27, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: fall asleep in about an hour
CONS: feel groogy next day and i don't recall events when i take it

i think it works except i dont remember things within 10 mins of taking(my husband tells me what i'd say and do) i do sleep all night i just feel groggy the next morning.i also take lexapro.but i think that in the evening.i dont binge eat ..i just go to bed.

MellyCat
Newly Joined

Wed February 13, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: sleep a full 7-8 hours and wake up refreshed (see review), doesn't make me feel loopy, has helped my insomnia
CONS: only works if you're ready to go to sleep, binge-eating right before falling asleep, falling asleep with food, talking nonsense

While Ambien CR has definitely helped ease my insomnia, alone it often does not have any effect. Until recently I was taking Ambien CR (12.5mg) plus 300mg Seroquel and 100mg Trazadone to be able to sleep somewhat regularly. I am happy to say I'm weening off of Seroquel and have been off the Traz. for several months. I don't feel dependent upon Ambien, mostly because I know it isn't a fool-proof solution to insomnia. Also, and this may be a side-effect of the Seroquel as well, I have gained a lot of weight because of late-night cravings for high-fat foods (like peanut butter...half a JAR at a time!).

haleyshea
Newly Joined

Wed December 5, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: I slept like a baby, but I didn't feel drugged
CONS: very odd dreams

I only took this medication for a little while because I had to switch off of it because of potential drug interactions with a new medicine I'm on.However, I really enjoyed it and it helped my insomnia. I took it and I didn't feel like I was being sedated, I could stay up if I wanted to. But once I went to sleep I slept all night where before I would wake up about once every 2 or 3 hours. I did have really strange, slightly frightening dreams though.

Sultrysorrow

Tue October 23, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: Are you kidding?
CONS: Put in a hypnotic state and you won't know what happened until the next morning.

This stuff is the worst stuff I've ever taken to help with insomnia. It would work for a day or two and if you wake up in the middle of the night. Might as well stay up cause you ain't goin back to sleep.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Sultrysorrow's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

Prada

Fri September 14, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Actually helped me fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
CONS: Didn't seem to work after a month of taking it.

I know many people that have taken it with success. I, however, did not. Didn't seem to help me after the first month or so.

DavidL
Newly Joined

Wed June 13, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: So far, Ambien is the only sleep medication that consistently helps me fall asleep. Actually it puts me out like a light! My tolerance has increased, but not by drastic proportions relative to how long I've been taking it. I'm lucky, in that I don't ha
CONS: Like several others who have posted, I too, have experienced a definite amnesic effect-something as slight as not remember what I was watching on TV when I fell asleep, to the more severe-like making phone calls, with no recollection of doing so the next

My most severe experience, was an e-mail that I sent to my brother one night, which was complete & utter gibberish. I have absolutely no recollection of sending it & certainly would not purposely do so. I have found it relatively easy to control this, as long as I wait to take it until I am IN BED! Despite these cirucumstances, it is by far the best sleep aid I've ever taken & I feel fully refreshed the next day. (This is probably the result of its shorter half-life). Every other treatment I've tried made me groggy & irritable the next morning. (I too, have been instructed to take it with Trazodone).

infinitetherapy

Fri June 8, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: can work long-term
CONS: not for everyone

I took ambien for years, worked great, now take ambien cr, works great, take a short drug holiday occasionally. Tried everything with sleep doc...finally can sleep after 35 years of insomnia. My father had the severe side effects...amnesia, cravings, etc. Had to stop immediately. It was NOT for him.

lunakit
Newly Joined

Thu April 12, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 6 

PROS: fell asleep FAST!
CONS: didn't last all night

Ambien put me to sleep FAST but didn't last all night and the longer I took it the shorter my sleeptime became. For me, Lunesta works better.

adamsgirl

Sun March 4, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $3.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: it worked
CONS: i had to continually increase the medicine over time

helped me immensely

Anonymous
Thu December 28, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $30.00| Rating: 8 

PROS: works great...
CONS: ...only if I take it w/ Trazadone as well

Ambien CR + Trazadone worked great as a sleeping pill. Random thing... my pain doc suggested it. Have been taking it on and off since it came out and no tolerance yet.

okiedokie
Poohbah

Tue November 21, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: Gets to sleep quickly
CONS: Develop dependence.

Recommend for short term use only.

Pshack777

Fri November 17, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: ????
CONS:

Maybe I was jus one of the few, but ambien cr neva worked for me. I had no success w/ this drug. I still had racing thoughts and paranoia that kept me up.

(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Tue November 7, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

CONS: Causes amnesic sleep walking, eating, driving

This medicine is a combo of the regular ambien touted to help you fall asleep within ten minutes, and another time release that keeps you asleep. It did neither for me.While taking this medicine I gained 18 lbs in less than 4 weeks, due to my (amnesic) going out (driving an auto) and eating at all night fast food joints. My only "rememberances" were the receipts or bags from the places I found the next day. It did not help me fall asleep fast, and after an hour when I thought I was going to sleep is the usual time I was going out and about!!! Horrible.

Post A Review