(Out of 5 Stars)
Side Effects
spacerspacer
Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $211.67 Thumbs up Recommended By
89% of reviewers (of 9 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

"Topiramate" originally produced for people with seizure disorders. Also used for prevention of migraine pain,and more recently PTSD and Bipolar Mood disorder.

3530topamax.jpg

Post A Reply 

Reviews

ginaaa22

Wed January 29, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $25.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: works well
CONS: have to take 2x a day

have to take 2x a day

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Thu May 2, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: no more migraines almost ever!!
CONS: none!

I love this drug...no side effects and no migraines anymore. Best medicine EVER!!!

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

katfriendly

Sun April 27, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: This medication has helped me to sleep, and helped with migraines. It has helped to stabilize my "moods," i have been told, also.
CONS: Soon after I take it at bedtime, I get rather sleepy, so I have to take it when my husband is home, in case of emergency with our daughter.

It is a great medication in what it is prescribed for, but it is very pricy. There should be a generic for this medication.

mayonnaise_quilt

Mon March 3, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: None
CONS: Confusion, dellusional thinking.

I haven't felt as strange since I took a handful of Coricidine. I couldn't shake the feeling for at least two days, and I only took one.

Jules1965
Newly Joined

Mon November 5, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: no weight gain, kept my moods stabilized
CONS: took a couple days to get used to

y

Jules1965
Newly Joined

Mon November 5, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $600.00| Rating: 8 

PROS: No weight gain, kept my moods stabilized.
CONS: Took a couple days to get used to.

I can no longer afford it as I lost my insurance, but I certainly would like to take it again.

dreamin
Newly Joined

Tue October 16, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Has worked great for my bipolar and fantastic for losing weight!
CONS: strange dreams at first

As long as you start on a low dose and work up, seems it should be OK. I had vivid funky dreams for a few nights, nothing I couldn't live with. Didn't bother my driving or vision but I started out on 25 mg. am up to 150mg now. love it. been on it for over a year.

saidsara
Newly Joined

Tue August 14, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: no weight gain like with most other mood stabs. (in fact, can act as appetite suppressant), can reduce headaches
CONS: some people have vision problems...I have NO side effects at all and have been amazingly stable on this med. for over 2 years now...only side effect has been weight loss and I'm not complaining about that. I'm absolutely thrilled with Topamax and am so ha

This medication is an anti-convulsant that is used for epilepsy and also is used alot for headaches but it's also being used off-label for bipolar disorder. I am so happy with it because it has caused no side effects for me at all other than doing what it's supposed to and keeping me EVEN. I have had a reduced appetite but that's welcome after the weight issues I have had with the ups and downs from previous medications. Some people report that sodas taste slightly metallic...I haven't found that to be true but it wouldn't cause me to stop taking the medication even if I did experience that. Some have reported double vision or other vision issues, but I have not. It's truly been a lifesaver for me and I've been on it for over 2 years. I do also take .5 mg of Klonopin in conjunction with the Topamax for anxiety so that may affect the overall outcome of any side effects...I don't know. But I think this drug isn't tried nearly as often as it should be.

(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Tue November 7, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: none
CONS: "miserable" drug

In 5 weeks of trial I gained 20lbs, had increased eye pressure, double vision at times, etc etc along with the weird firings in the brain of smelling things without names and which don't exist in my life. I ran red lights because I just couldn't find enough time to stop at yellow ones (psychomotor slowing.) On top of all this, I felt sick the entire time.

Post A Review