(Out of 5 Stars)
Side Effects
spacerspacer
Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $165.67 Thumbs up Recommended By
94% of reviewers (of 16 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

Used to help combat excessive daytime sleepiness due to side effects of other drugs. Works extremely well without making you feel "wired." Usually used to treat narcolepsy.

11586provigil.jpg

Tags: narcolepsy, daytime sleepiness

Post A Reply 

Reviews

stellabrown003
Newly Joined

Wed November 26, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Best Ever
CONS:

Hello, I think This is a best medication which I have ever experience. This medication helps to improve the mental alertness and vigilance. The Wakefulness promoting agents helps most. This smart drug” drug has become one of the famous household names for endorsing wakefulness issues. I have ordered this medications from http:// this really crummy, horrible service called .emodafinil (seriously, this place sucks) /modafinil.html.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

JoeyToronto
Newly Joined

Tue June 11, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $143.00| Rating: 9 

PROS: Alertness, focus, keeps awake, mood
CONS: need to take it waaay before bedtime

When I first took Modafinil, I took 200mg around noon time and it kept me wired as if I were on that illegal drug. I had a very bad sleep when it was time to go to bed at 12am. SO today, I took 100mg at 8am and another 50mg at 10am. Much better result. 200mg is not for everyone, I would start off with a lower dosage. In Canada, Modafinil comes in 100mg at $1.13 a pill, so for 200mg, $2.26 a pill. In my area, pharmacies are short of them, maybe they're not prescribed as much?? Or too much. For someone who also took Ritalin before, which IMO is a crappy drug, Modafinil is like night and day.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Tamster
Community Support Team

Thu May 2, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: alertness
CONS: some facial muscle discomfort

I have only used samples up until now so cant rate price. It took away my hypersomnolence almost immediately.

quintby
Newly Joined

Sun April 5, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $400.00| Rating: 1 

PROS:
CONS: One more thing............

One more thing. You need to know that Cephalon, Inc., is one of the most notoriously dishonest drug manufacturer in the U.S. Last year, after receiving warnings from the FDA for FIVE years about the false claims Cephalon made about the effectiveness of Provigil not just for staying awake but for posting to forums like this that Provigil "saved their life" because it cured their depression. Finally late last year, the FDA fined Cephalon in the amount of $430,000,000 for perpetrating fraud upon patients AND their doctors.If you have examined a lot of medication forums like I have you will start seeing similarly worded claims allegedly made by patients about how Provigil changed their lives. Several of the comments made about Provigil here fall into that category. Be suspicious, very suspicious, about such comments when they are made about Provigil. Cephalon paid that half-a-billion dollar fine without a peep and the reason is that they did not want publicity about the tactics I've described to you.

quintby
Newly Joined

Sun April 5, 2009 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $400.00| Rating: 1 

PROS: Mg for mg, equivalent to caffeine for inducing awakedness
CONS: Caused Delayed Reaction Hypersensitivity, sent me into shock, multiple organ failure and was near death for 11 days

At the age of 54, agreeing to take Provigil proved to be the most dangerous decision I ever made in my life. After 6 weeks of tepid results, I awoke one morning highly delusional, was brought to hospital by wife believing I was having an emotional breakdown which proved to be caused by blood pressure hypotension (74/35). One by one my kidneys, my lungs, my heart and my brain "failed". Not expected to survive first day I stayed in coma for 9 days, awoke mildly psychotic, trying to escape; it took 16 days in ICU and 22 total in hospital before I was released. The manufacturer now warns of this possibility. I suffered brain damage that is appearing permanent and I beg you to try anything else, Dexedrine and amphetamines or Vivarin unless you absolutely need it to stay alive from attacks of narcolepsy.

skittleburst14
Newly Joined

Sun August 10, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $20.00| Rating: 9 

PROS: An amazing sleep regulator without jittery feelings in the daytime
CONS: Price is outlandish if you don't have the health insurance

I am taking this for excessive daytime sleepiness and for depression. I've been on over 40 medications in the last 10 years (I'm only 28) and this is far and away the absolute best medication I have ever taken. (Note: I can take any amount of Adderall and fall asleep 1 hour later, but then I can't sleep at night.) I can relate to just about every single post on here. Definitely don't take caffeine, don't take it after 2pm, and it does seem to lose effective over time if you don't take one or two day holidays. One of my biggest issues was insomnia and this is the first drug to let me sleep after over a year of terrible restless half-sleeping. Sometimes I feel a little spacey on it, and 200mg only lasts me 11 hours and I am forced to sleep, so finding the optimal dose may be a problem at first (mine seems to be 300mg) but it's worth it. As others mentioned, not a monotherapy for depression, but mood brightening nonetheless and a good combination drug. No noticeable side effects except difficulty fully inhaling during the first week (I took it alone for the first couple weeks.)

Anonymous
Wed April 23, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Keeps me from falling asleep and helps me focus
CONS: After taking it long term it doesen't work as well.

Excellent. Sometimes I will quit taking it for a day or two when it doesen't work as well. I like it because I don't get the speedy feeling or racing heart that amphetamines give me. It also elevates my mood.

djmojo
Newly Joined

Thu March 6, 2008 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: super good for me, Depression, lack of energy, only used a weeks worth of samples from Doc
CONS: none, watch the cafene intake cost

good drug, never experienced any thing like it

Amandla
Newly Joined

Wed December 19, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $1.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Alert and focused!
CONS: Expensive

This drug literally saved my life. I have severe depression and both the illness itself and the side effects of the drugs made me incredibly tired. I would walk around staring at the sidewalk or the floor thinking about how great it would be to lie down and go to sleep there. (I did, literally, fall asleep on a sidewalk at my university...pretty embarrassing when one of my students found me!) Because I'm an academic, my life consists mainly of reading and writing, two activities that are almost impossible if you are sleepy. I love my job and I was so upset that I couldn't do it that I seriously contemplated suicide.And then I started taking Provigil. Within a week, I was awake during the day and sleeping at night. I found I could concentrate for an hour at a time, rather than five minutes, and that makes a HUGE difference in productivity. I didn't feel wired, sick, or paranoid, all things that I get with other stimulants.My prescription plan covers this drug, but I know it's expensive. Also, I have to be super-careful about how much water I drink (more is good) and how much coffee or tea I drink (less is good) otherwise I get a bit of the shaky-heart feeling.This is a phenomenal drug, and I heartily recommend it to anyone struggling with alertness issues.

biplr4me

Wed August 8, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: Keeps you awake while taking a large volume of Meds
CONS: An over kill caffine buzz reaction

I started this due to all of the Bi-Polar meds I am on to stay awake during the day. I have to say it does work well for this but can kind of go into over drive at times.Little side effects be side that and also a warning ..limit caffine intake with this. It will effect the action of it. Otherwise I would say use of it is good only if needed.

tranquility
Grand Member

Wed May 23, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: helps keep me awake
CONS: get the shakes - not sure if it's just provigil or combined with cymbalta

Diagnosed fibromyalgia. Work 7 a.m. to 3 p.m and was falling asleep on the highway going home. Take 400 mg in the am and 200 mg at noon time. it's starting to kick in and help. I do get hand tremors but have had other medication changes (zoloft for 16 years switched to cymbalta).

Anonymous
Thu December 28, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $30.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: wonderful keeps me awake
CONS: if taken after 2 pm will not sleep

This is excellent I take one pill when i wake up and another around lunch time. I hardly ever have sleep paralysis or excessive daytime sleepiness (to the point where I literally fall asleep regardless of what I am doing). It is great!

dahlia
Newly Joined

Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Keeps me awake after taking all of my other medication
CONS: cost

Couldn't work without it

Anonymous
Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: helps with tiredness and mood: increases energy, without high, and brightens mood
CONS: none really, maybe could be a bit stronger, but is excellent

I've used provigil (modafinil) for several years because of depression esp. when I've had a lot of trouble with energy. Helps me to work and feel more optimistic, although I wouldn't say it's fully effective for depression as monotherapy. I found it extremely useful even for that, however, before I found an AD that worked.I still use it with my AD.

mommajo
Newly Joined

Tue October 31, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: doesn't make you nervous like ritalin
CONS: unable to maintain wakefulness when driving/ COST

I have Narcolepsy. When I take 200mg of Provigil with 20mg of Ritalin, I am able to maintain for 4-5hr. where as if only taking the Ritalin, 40mg works for maybe 2hrs, after that I don't dare sit in a meeting or try to drive without taking another 40mg. I have been on medication since age 18yr. I am 53 now. I have a strong family hx of Narcolepsy. I also have sleep paralysis often.

Sun September 24, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: excellent for excessive daytime sleepiness
CONS: none

Worked in conjunction with other drugs to help me have energy during the day. Highly recommend it.

Post A Review