The Search for Significance
Reviews
spacer
Recommended By Average Price Average Rating
100% of reviewers None indicated 9.0
1529search_significance.gif

supersize

Description: The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee
This book is a must have for the Christian with a low self-worth.
The authors describe four types of distorted thinking that contributes to a Christian's feeling of negative feel of self, which are:
1. Performance Trap 2. Approval Addict 3. Blame Game 4. Shame Thinking
If you are looking for a good non-secular psychological self-help book, this book is definitely for you. It contains New Testament scriptures to help you on your way to a healthier, more fulfilling life in Christ.
There's a few editions of this effective book, including a WORKBOOK that can be used in therapy or group settings (i.e. Fellowship groups).
Poohbah

Author
jennie
Poohbah

Review Date: Sat September 23, 2006 Would you recommend the product? Yes | Price you paid?: None indicated | Rating: 9 

Pros: The chart listing the four types of thinking!
Cons:

I helped faciliate a teen group at a church using this workbook. The workbook exercises helped produce interesting discussion about applying Christian values to everyday teen struggles such as peer pressure. Addressing issues of self-worth and how it applies to Christianity is important because many Christians carry a lot of guilt and shame on their shoulders.This book helped me grow spiritually.
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user