Pricing No ratings
Average Price: None indicated Thumbs up Recommended By
100% of reviewers (of 3 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

antidepressant

Post A Reply 

Reviews

Kendyll

Tue September 18, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 6 

PROS: Worked for me when nothing else did!
CONS: Food restrictions and the consequences of forgetting them...

This is a good med, if you can deal with all the restrictions. Food restrictions, medication restrictions - and they mean it!!! But if SSRI's aren't really working for you, it's worth a shot. It didn't play well with Geodon for me - I was up for DAYS - but Seroquel wasn't any problem. No weight gain, no real notable side effects (after the adjustment period) and it kicked in pretty quick. Do not try to go off this one cold turkey!

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

dahlia
Newly Joined

Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: It has been the only medication to relieve my depression I have been on it for over 2 years
CONS: there are a lot of food restriction but I don't like to eat anyway so it doesn't matter to me. Because I have high blood pressure I have had a few hypertensive events. I take 80mg

I wouldn't be alive without it. No weight gain either

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Anonymous
Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: Parnate was moderately helpful to me for depression.
CONS: Sleep deprivation, extreme enervation

I found Parnate was somewhat helpful to me during a period of severe depression. It wasn't at all energizing in my case, but it did lift me out of the worst of the depression, and gave me some breathing space to recover somewhat.I found the food and drug complications very easy to manage and never had any hint of high blood pressure or hypertensive crisis. The list of things I had to avoid was fairly simple and once I learned them, it was quite simple. On the other hand, I tend to have a fairly limited and not terribly interesting number of things I generally eat.I was on a rather high does (100 mg.) and my problems with exhaustion were eased at higher doses, but not really adequately addressed. However, my reactions were seemingly fairly atypical, from what my pdoc told me.Discontinuation was too abrupt, so I'd recommend, based on my experience, that one discontinue somewhat carefully, rather than abruptly. One of the other most notable side effects was that I had extremely disruptive, protracted and repetitive dreaming. The dreams were markedly different from my dreams when not on Parnate. I suspect that I was sleeping much more lightly, and for some reason having much more REM sleep on Parnate, which again, may not so typical. However it was quite persistent and disturbing as a SE in itself, aside from the exhaustion it may have caused.I still believe that it may be an excellent AD for some people.

Post A Review