Post A Reply 

antidepressant.

Post A Reply 

Reviews

earlyadapter

Fri October 3, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $1,000.00| Rating: 9 

PROS: Sleep well at nite with no racing nite thoughts - less anxiety all day
CONS: 5 hr morning hangover -Use caution Paradoxical Drug -Less is MORE

Back on Remeron again -used to sleep well be if anything upsets me I take worries to bed with me. I take 30mg tablet of Remeron 2 hours or less before sleep, Deep Sleep --But I wake up sleepy at 5 AM and about 10 AM I'm OK but calm and with less anxious - anxiety all day I like the drug but not sure if I want to be sleepy in morning Cautions: this drug takes about a 10 days to lessen sleepy side-effects in morning . Seriously this is a Paradoxical Drug 30mg my normal dose take 60 mg you won't sleep all night OR take 15mg or less and you'll sleep for 24 hours this is a Paradoxical Drug my Physic MD keeps reminding me. I normally don't like to eat breakfast in AM wake up - NOW I DO !!! if you can take getting up at 5AM and feeling sleepy till 10 AM this drug is for you --- I'm still trying to answer that question??? This is NOT an occasional use drug that is a negative for me. Should be used under a Physic MD ongoing supervision ---your result may differ from mine. Early-adapter

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

earlyadapter

Sat April 12, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Sleep -stop crying -stop mind racing thoughts -sleep Well !!!!
CONS: may take 3 to 4 hours to work before sleep

Second day on (Seroquel + Remeron) with major positive results ..1st day 25 mg. stay at home felt a sedative also took Remeron (Mirtazapine) 30mg at bedtime.I was in seriously bad shape with major grief and anxiety so serious I thought I has 25 signs of some fatal illness along with hyperventilation it could not stop any major crying episodes and brain racing thoughts I could not control. could not sleep was a nervous wreck - could not stop complaining to my friends and too nervous to sleep with nightmares.I entered a Major intensive Medical - Psych MD. program (1st day) and was given these meds under strict Psych MD supervision and tons of major psychiatric outpatient daily care. Well from feeling as described above I could sleep last night and feel at bit drowsy today . But having enough interest and control and major calmness I haven't had in months ---to write this review in a clam collected manor. WOW!I do know that a tiny but too much Seroquel can and will turn you into a Zombie. this is an extremely powerful drug. I'm lowering my dosage to 1/2 of my 25 MG pill and 1 or two daily pills a day.This not a drug you ever want to think More is better .... If you take or were given too much your experience will be Zombie like, and you want to stop immediately because you initially too even a 12.5 MG too much..too soon to give a definitive prospective but OMG today I feel great but a little tired but a 1000% better them yesterday before I took my 1st 25MG pill.these are my result only and it my Not reflect anyone but me. used only under supervision of my Psych MD. Early adapter

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Sat April 5, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Helps to stabilize my moods.
CONS: Sugar cravings.

Remeron has helped to lessen depression, anxiety, and agitation. At 30mg of this med, I can see a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel. It's also helpful for sleep. The only side effect I notice is the incredible craving for sugar and for food, in general. But I'll take the side effects as a trade-off for the relief this med gives to me.

CaptainChaos79

Sun March 16, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $2.00| Rating: 7 

PROS: Helps me sleel. Worked for my depression when nothing else did.
CONS: Morning hangover for 45 minutes or so

Very good for my situation.

misskrome

Mon January 20, 2014 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: see below
CONS: side effects

OOOld antidepressant. Actually, felt kind of otherworldly to be on; pleasant at times. Made me a serious people-hater, though, and I mean everyone... for no reason at all. Also gave me these terrifyingly vivid nightmares every single night. I couldn't take it anymore.

RainmanTwentyEight

Mon December 23, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $5.00| Rating: 9 

PROS: Allowed me to be truly happy for the first time in years
CONS: Headaches and makes me want to eat junk food

After years of struggling with depression I went to see a psychiatrist and I have been taking one 15mg pill each night. The drug has helped me sleep and has treated my anxiety and depression. Depressive symptoms may be breaking through so I may need to increase my dosage soon but this has been the only relief I have found so far.

aern01

Tue November 19, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 2 

PROS: Controlled my depression very well.
CONS: Caused me to gain lots of weight.

This was the worst anti-depressant I was ever on b/c of the enormous amount of weight I gained. On this medication I was eating 2 boxes of Lucky Charms a week.

broncogirl

Fri May 3, 2013 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: I have always been underweight, this med makes me hungary! I love it!
CONS: No, signs of change in depression/ anxiety with it. It is basically my hungry pill!

No noticeable side effects. But they they make me hungry. Which is good for me.

Thu May 2, 2013 Recommended? No | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 2 

PROS: If you want to sleep for 24 hours, this is your drug.
CONS: Knocks you out cold, unable to function, much too tired

Seriously, this drug is worse than getting hit with a baseball bat...it's almost coma-inducing.

Sultrysorrow

Sun January 1, 2012 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: @ 7.5mg. it'll make you sleepy
CONS: Can be used to induce hunger.

This is one of three medications I'm on for my Cyclorhymithic Biploar disorder. All I do know it compounds the effect of being sleepy in conjunction with Geodon, when taken at bedtime. Mind you I have to take these three meds @ 1800 hrs. Otherwise I'd sleep a minimum of 12 hours non-stop. This of course is unacceptable in our society. Boo- *******- hoo!

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Sultrysorrow's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

sujunew
Grand Member

Wed September 14, 2011 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: lifted my mood slightly
CONS: excessive increase of appetite; insomnia; vivid dreams

I was hoping for a 'miracle' as my depression has hit another 'treatment-resistant' phase but I may have had my hopes too high. I was looking forward to finally getting some sleep but I was wide awake til about 3-4am every morning, would have unnerving vivid dreams where I couldn't distinguish reality from fiction and I wouldn't even feel tired the next day depite 2-3 hours sleep; but the WORST side effect for me was the obsession I developed for food. I was eating all day every day, and gained about 10kg in 2 months. I also noticed that I was retaining a lot of fluid. I am pleased it works so well for some; however for me it was a nightmare.

stupidreasons

Tue December 14, 2010 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: increased appetite
CONS: did not work

Technically it wasn't a bad drug, it just didn't work for me. It did increase my appetite which was good since I pretty much quit eating before. The withdrawal was alittle harsh, I started shaking like crazy but benodryl cleared it up so it wasn't all that bad.

mwd77
Newly Joined

Fri October 30, 2009 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: increased appetite, causes somnolence
CONS: weight gain, drowziness in the morning

Remeron works really well for my anorexia and insomnia during times of depression/anxiety. It doesn't do all that much to lift my mood, but the fact that I can eat and sleep are well worth the side effects. I can't imagine the state I'd be in if I weren't eating or sleeping on top of the depression. It also doesn't make me crazy and want to jump out of my own head, as most other antidepressants do (I'm hypersensitive).

xp1155

Sun August 26, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: none
CONS: mania, shaking, sleepiness one night to sleeplessness the next

This drug was not the choice for me. It made me sleepy one night and then the next I couldn't sleep. I was manic and my hands were shaking a lot of the time. I know it works for some people, but this would be a drug I would not consider unless it was a "last resort."

SeattleMatt
Newly Joined

Thu August 16, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 6 

PROS: Seemed to have a positive effect on combating depressed feelings and emotions
CONS: Weight Gain, severe mood swings, light headedness, solmonesence

Remeron is one of several drugs I have tired in attempts at alleviating my depression and severe anxiety w/ panic attacks and agoraphobia. While Remeron did work at helping me to feel happier, I still had panic attacks which seemed to be amplified and more intense while on the medication. Remeron did not pose any sexual side effect to me, however I did notice slight weight gain and water retention. I stopped taking Remeron because my Doctor and I were not sure it was doing what hoped it would. Having now been off of it for several weeks, I realize all the good Remeron was doing for me. My panic attacks are now far more intense than when I was on the medication and much more frequent.

jefftele

Fri February 23, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: helps sleep slightly lifts depression
CONS: sedative hunger pangs at first

very reluctant to take meds had poor success with lots of others this drug helps me sleep but after 3 months my severe depression is returning

purplesunny

Wed December 20, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: it did make me not think of suicide and helped me go to sleep at night but didn't keep me asleep.
CONS: It made me have no emotion, I couldn't cry when I felt like I wanted to

All in all I guess it works for Depression. I researched and found out that I should only have to take it for like 6 months. My psychiatrist had me on it for like 7 years. I stopped taking it on my own, too expensive, lost my medical insurance. So far I have been off it for 2 years and feel okay. I do think about suicide sometimes, but not as often as I did years ago.

darkeyes
Elder

Fri September 15, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: quick acting towards calming and/or reducing manic behaviour
CONS: extremely sedating,and removing all emotion,zombifying

I was only taking this for about a week or less,my pdoc even saw the negative effect on me,sure calmed me,but allowed my deep depression to worsen,she took me off of it quickly It was my severe depression that was the main reason I volunteered myself to be admitted,in the first place. Remeron was counter productive for me.

MyBestKids2
Elder

Fri September 15, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: actually works well for depression
CONS: none

I am only giving this an 8 because I haven't been taking it long enough to be sure its excellent. I especially like Remeron because you take it at bedtime and the drugged feeling is almost gone when you wake up. Out of all the antidepressants I've taken, this one actually works.

Post A Review