Pricing
spacerspacer
Average Price: $15.90 Thumbs up Recommended By
88% of reviewers (of 145 reviews)
   Post A Reply 

Clonazepam (Klonopin)

Also known as: Clonex; Iktorivil; Landsen; Lonazep; Paxam; Rivotril

Description

Clonazepam is used to control seizures. It also is used to relieve anxiety. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.

Clonazepam also is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, twitching, schizophrenia, and pain management. Talk to your doctor about the possible risks of using this drug for your condition.

Clonazepam is drug known as a benzodiazepine. It works on the nerve cells in the brain to enhance the effects of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA). GABA slows down nerve cell activity to cause relaxation and decrease nerve excitement.

Before Taking this Medication

Before taking clonazepam,

• tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to clonazepam, alprazolam (Xanax), chlordiazepoxide (Librium, Librax), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), estazolam (ProSom), flurazepam (Dalmane), lorazepam (Ativan), oxazepam (Serax), prazepam (Centrax), temazepam (Restoril), triazolam (Halcion), or any other drugs.
  • tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially antihistamines; cimetadine (Tagamet); digoxin (Lanoxin); disulfiram (Antabuse); fluoxetine (Prozac); isoniazide (INH, Laniazid, Nydrazid); ketoconazole (Nizoral); levodopa (Larodopa, Sinemet); medications for depression, seizures, pain, Parkinson's disease, asthma, colds, or allergies; metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL), muscle relaxants; oral contraceptives; phenytoin (Dilantin); probenecid (Benemid); propoxyphene (Darvon); propranolol (Inderal); rifampin (Rifadin); sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline (Theo-Dur); tranquilizers; valproic acid (Depakene); and vitamins. These medications may add to the drowsiness caused by clonazepam.
  • tell your doctor if you have or have ever had glaucoma; seizures; or lung, heart, or liver disease.
  • tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking clonazepam, call your doctor immediately.
  • if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking clonazepam.
  • you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
  • remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug.
  • tell your doctor if you use tobacco products. Cigarette smoking may decrease the effectiveness of this drug.

Side Effects

Side effects from clonazepam are common and include:

• drowsiness
  • dizziness
  • tiredness
  • weakness
  • dry mouth
  • diarrhea
  • upset stomach
  • changes in appetite
Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
  • restlessness or excitement
  • constipation
  • difficulty urinating
  • frequent urination
  • blurred vision
  • changes in sex drive or ability
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
  • seizures
  • shuffling walk
  • persistent, fine tremor or inability to sit still
  • fever
  • difficulty breathing or swallowing
  • severe skin rash
  • yellowing of the skin or eyes
  • irregular heartbeat

Interactions with Other Drugs

Some interactions between medications can be more severe than others. The best way for you to avoid harmful interactions is to tell your doctor and/or pharmacist what medications you are currently taking, including any over-the-counter products, vitamins, and herbals. For specific information on how Clonazepam interacts with other drugs and the severity of those interactions, please use our Drug Interactions databaser to check for possible drug interactions.

Taking this Medication

Clonazepam comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It usually is taken three times a day and may be taken with or without food. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take clonazepam exactly as directed. Clonazepam can be habit-forming. Do not take a larger dose, take it more often, or for a longer time than your doctor tells you to. Tolerance may develop with long-term or excessive use, making the drug less effective. This medication must be taken regularly to be effective. Do not skip doses even if you feel that you do not need them. Do not take clonazepam for more than 4 months or stop taking this medication without talking to your doctor. Stopping the drug suddenly can worsen your condition and cause withdrawal symptoms (anxiousness, sleeplessness, and irritability). Your doctor probably will decrease your dose gradually.

Missing a Dose

If you take several doses per day and miss a dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.

Storing this Medication

Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.

2klonopin.jpg

Tags: klonopin Clonazepam antianxiety anxiety pcanx pcpain pcpark

Post A Reply 

Reviews

madteaparty
Newly Joined

Thu November 8, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: It disolves on your tongue working fast and affectively to relieve your panic and anxiety!
CONS: Doctors asuming that you are dependant/addicted to the benzo because it works!

This medication works wonders for me amazingly every single time wihtout having to increase the size or frequency of the dose. It completely erases all the horrible stressors of anxiety without a trace. I started taking this medication about ten months for severe panic disorder, my fear was uncontrolable and unbelieveably through the roof, I would be in the hospital almost every day and night. I stayed on this medication for about two months of which my anxiety was under controll, untill they slowly discontinued my perscription for it, then my panic attacks just came back just as bad as befor. so now once again I am back on it. I have not had to increase dose. It works wonders still I wonder if there ever be life without it...

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

bptoo
Poohbah

Tue November 6, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 7 

PROS: Helps to control my anxiety and helps me to sleep
CONS: I get very jittery when I miss a dose

I have severe anxiety attacks and a lot of trouble sleeping most nights. Klonopin helps with both issues. I don't find it as intense as xanax. I feel it's the best med for those with anxiety or panic attacks.Greg

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit bptoo's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

TammyGrl0528

Mon November 5, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: I am constantly relaxed now. No more panic attacks so far!
CONS: VERY VERY tired.

I only just started using this pill last week. I take .5 mg two times daily. I am so relaxed now. No panic attacks. I was having them daily, and since starting this med, I haven't had even one attack. (knock wood)

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user  

Gianna

Thu October 25, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: short term anxiety relief
CONS: addicted and completely tolerant--it no longer does anything and seems to exacerbate depression

highly addictive dangerous substance---trying to withdraw is hell

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit Gianna's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

tommy58

Fri October 19, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: calmes anxiety attack
CONS: makes me drowsie, not feel like myself, maybe habbit forming.

I take .05 strength, at night because makes me too drowsie to function for work. I want to know if others get used to this drowsieness, if I could ever take in the day? And I saw the comments one page-1 about possible addictiveness. I want to know if others found problem with addictiveness?

102riley

Wed October 10, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $7.00| Rating: 8 

PROS: sleep much better, less anxiety during the day and evening
CONS: feel a little dull during the day, I am worried about the withdrawl side effects

I originally began taking this drug, because I had a severe reaction to prozac. It has greatly helped me with sleeping and controlling my anxiety. I have done some research, and I am worried about the long-term effects and the withdrawl. Recently, I began cutting my 0.5g tablets in half. I hope I will come to a point where I only need it when I become very anxious.

BorderlineAnn

Sat October 6, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $0.67| Rating: 10 

PROS: love it. mellows out quick
CONS: drowsiness

love it. don't know what i would do without it. if i'm real freakin, i take a whole. some freakin but still need to function, take half. super.

FelineHeart

Sun September 30, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 0 

PROS: Don't know yet
CONS:

After reading all of these horror stories on this med, I am going to have to talk to my doctor about this.Harder to kick than Heroin? Oh SH%^!!

skunktail
Newly Joined

Wed September 12, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $0.06| Rating: 9 

PROS: clonazapam is long-acting and can be taken bid. It is mildly impairing
CONS: tolerance develops after a while.

I would recommend clonazapam with a mild SRI, e.g. celexa. Or if you are sensitive to benzo's, try paxil for panic. It works very well too

MyBestKids2
Elder

Thu August 16, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: helps me stay calm and anxiety free
CONS: takes higher dosages to work

I am currently taking 2 mg. 3x a day and it just doesn't seem to be enough. Will talk with pdoc next month

abandrsmom
Newly Joined

Mon June 18, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: long lasting, helps keep me very calm, keeps my anxiety down
CONS: onset makes me a tad drowsy

I was prescribed this drug after my grandmother passed away. So far the dosage is perfect 0.5mg. I am able to deal with the stress of losing a loved one without feeling like a zombie. I have also noticed that it has taken away the edginess and irritablity I have been feeling. I tried Xanex before and it did not seem to last long enough for me. This seems to be working out much better although I am concerened about having to stop taking it at some point because I feel I am a much happier person while on this and from all I have read withdrawal will be difficult.

Apis

Mon June 4, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 2 

PROS: reduces anxiety
CONS: worsens depression, getting off is harder than that of heroine

The problem with this drug is that, after a while, the user's tolerance is raised, so the dosage needs to be raised. I've been on this drug for over 10 years, I can no longer feel the benefit (I'm on 3mg a day), but will feel the effects of withdrawal. Which I understand is hellish. It's like driving a car with the emergency brake on. I gave it a 2 because initially it worked. But at what cost? It has most certainly made depression worse. And a slow taper unsupervised is NOT recommended. I urge anyone who wants to go it alone to please speak with the doc. first.

Noncomposmentis8

Sun May 27, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: Didnt take it yet
CONS: Didnt take it yet

I got it prescribed wed. after 8 and a half hours in the Emergency room after almost fainting from a panic attack...It's 0.5Mg and I have to break it in half...again , It's for my Panic attacks...I used to take Alprazolam 0.25Mg , but I didnt react very well to it...I got increased anxiety...but anyway, What happens when you take klonopin? what do you feel like?, and how long does it last in your body? and what are the side effects? I'm afraid something bad will happen after I take it never took it yet...I have like a...bad bad phobia of taking pills/meds...Thanks! can you answer this here? or email me, Faineisyourgod@yahoo (seriously, this place sucks - do not buy from them)

imac
Newly Joined

Sat May 19, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: After two months, very little
CONS: Fatigue, severe sweating, memory loss, naursea.

This drug is very adictive. Should only be used for a few week. Withdrawl symtoms are sever and longlasting. See "Klopin withdrawl" on the internet.

prime23

Tue April 17, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $0.03| Rating: 7 

PROS: Relaxing, but not mind-numbing like some antipsychotics. Has helped my anxiety.
CONS: Long half-life. Sometimes makes me a little too drowsy. Can be addictive.

I'm sure I'll never get addicted to this stuff because I don't like it that much, but it's a great thing to have around the house for emergencies.

marshall
Newly Joined

Sun April 15, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: not much
CONS: daytime drowsiness and some mental impairment, only slightly reduces anxiety, very annoying withdrawal symptoms

I initially took 1 mg in the morning. Made me too sleepy to function. Switched to taking 1 mg before bed but then it started to wear off the following afternoon. Now I'm taking 1 mg before bed and .5 mg mid-morning.I noticed that it is not pschologically addictive as the relaxing effect isn't immediate nor is it particularly obvious/strong. The physical dependence can sneak up on you though, especially after being on it for more than a few weaks.I didn't have any idea I was physically dependent until I missed a dose by accident. Whenever I miss a dose the next two to three days are like a rollor coaster ride. I will yo-yoing back and forth from a groggy zombie state to a hyper alert, fidgity, restless state. In either case I can't concentrate or function at all! One time I tried not taking it for three whole days and felt absolutely miserable. Not only could I not sit still or concentrate on anything, but my stomach started feeling really messed up and I started having flu-like aches and chills.Overall I don't care for this med and would like to taper off ASAP. Right now I just have to take it so I don't feel like crap. My level of anxiety is pretty much the same as it was before.

Juliana
Grand Member

Sat March 3, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: calmed my anxiety, helped me overcome agoraphobia
CONS: drowsiness

I started taking 0.5 mg of Clonazepam per day while I had severe agoraphobia. Within about a week of starting to take it, I was calm enough to go on a brief shopping trip with my sister. I had been housebound for over 3 years at that point and that was the first time I left the house without having severe panic attacks. It was also the first time I had been in a mall in over 3 years.I had nearly constant nausea along with my anxiety and Clonazepam helped alleviate that as well (probably just by calming me down).I eventually started taking 20 mg of Celexa in combination with Clonazepam and CBT and within 4 months I was well enough to return to full-time work. The only negative side effect of Clonazepam I experienced was drowsiness.I didn't find it addictive. I never felt the urge or need to increase my dose. In fact, I decreased the dosage over time. Now I take it on an "as needed" basis -- sometimes only once a week and there have been times when I've gone weeks without taking even one tablet. I have an addictive personality. I'm a heavy smoker and I've been psychologically addicted to anti-nauseants in the past. I was afraid of developing a physical or psychological attachment to Clonazepam, but I'm pleased to say it didn't happen. It worked very well for me.

so_it_goes

Fri February 9, 2007 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 2 

PROS: none for me
CONS: Did not work for me

My psychiatrist put me on klonopin for panic attacks & anxiety. He told me incorrectly that I could take it about a half hour before getting into stressful situations. Klonopin is long acting. I have been taking xanax now for about a year and it does work well in conditions I described above.

finsmakefish

Fri February 2, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: works fast and effectively
CONS: I feel like if I take the prescribed 3 a day a feel a little zombie-like

I have been taking lexapro for over two years; this year I started having severe panic attacks/agoraphobia and my psychiatrist put me on klonopin 3 times a day. I went from not being able to do anything because the physical symptoms of my anxiety were so bad-- to now (I have been taking it for about 2 weeks) where I am actually getting my life back together.

Direction
Magnate

Fri January 12, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Works general fast and reaches affective level and stays there for a good duration
CONS: Other than dry mouth haven't really had any - possibly may need to increase dosage for longer term uses

Definately an improvement over Buspair

smb31415
Newly Joined

Fri January 5, 2007 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $20.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Very Calming Feeling
CONS: none

I started on this after my mother passed last October '06. My doctor put me on Lexapro and I hated the bad reviews on it so I told him to please give me something that will calm me down and help me rest. Honestly, I have not had any side affects from Klonopin. I started with 1mg but I cut it to 1/2 since it was only a 15day supply. The half works just fine for me. I only use it when I really need it.

mama2ak

Sun December 31, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 10 

PROS: Helps prevent anxiety attacks, helps mellow you out
CONS: Slow onset of action, fatigue is awful

This worked great in the beginning for my panic attacks during postpartum depression but I got breakthrough panic attacks in the afternoon and was soooo tired on 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg at night. Cutting to 1/2 mg in the morning didn't help either.

etherealpunk
Newly Joined

Thu December 21, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: Encourages restful sleep
CONS: A little TOO mild

It didn't seem to do much. Not effective for severe/acute panic episodes. Will cause drowsiness and help sleep when I'm too wound up or anxious to relax, but it has a really slow effect time.

Annieluv

Sat December 16, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: Helps me to sleep when needed
CONS: Too drowsy the next day.

It works well at helping me to sleep even at 0.5 mg, a very small dose. But I feel sedated the next day.

ster
Veteran Member

Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: stronger than adiivan
CONS: just strarted

I have not seen anything. I do however feel the effects soon after takeing it.

bbv03
Newly Joined

Sun December 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: helped with anxiety
CONS: takes a while to kick in

About 2 months ago my doc put me on klonopin and zoloft for social anxiety disorder and anxiety/panic attacks. I take 1mg of klonopin every 8-12 hours and 100mg of zoloft a day. The treatment has helped me tremendously.

okiedokie
Poohbah

Sun November 12, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: Initially it provides relief from anxiety.
CONS: Highly addictive! Tolerance and dependence. Develop rebound anxiety.

HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! Takes away one's inhibitions much like ETOH does. You can get DUI if taking while driving.

1WSB
Newly Joined

Wed November 8, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $10.00| Rating: 8 

PROS: works for anxiety in its initial stages
CONS: takes a long time to work in full out panic attack

This works very well when I feel the initial anxiety beginning, I take 0.13 mg as needed, maybe once or twice a week. However, if I am in the middle of a full on panic attack, it can take as long as an hour to work. I was taking this in conjunction with Toprol XL, 12.5mg a day, I did not like the toprol and have weened off of it, with terrible side effects of that medication. Feel much better with the clonazepam only as needed. No side effects, and I do not feel like I am addicted to it.

rkh777
Newly Joined

Sat October 28, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Helps me get back to sleep when I wak a 3 to4 am.
CONS: None

Clonazazepam has been a god send for me. I have trouble getting back to sleep when I awake around 3 of 4 am. I take 1mg and it's never failed to help.

Taipans

Tue October 24, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Works fast, does help with mild anxiety
CONS: Makes me sleepy sometimes

Very light side effect drug to help control anxiety. Works for most people, and works very fast after taking it. I am on 2 doses of 1mg a day.

Anonymous
Mon October 23, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Keeps me at a constant calm as long as I take it as as directed(3x a day)
CONS: scared to come off of it since I'm doing so well on it.

Klonopin wafers are a great choice for those who say they take too long to work, you put them on your tounge and they orally dissengrate. they don't taste bad either and work within 15 mins.

SerenitysWave
Grand Poohbah

Sun October 22, 2006 Recommended? No | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 1 

PROS: for me none, it made me non-functional
CONS: severe drowsiness, felt like I was in a constant fog

For me this treatment enhanced my symptoms to the extreme. I was unable to get out of bed, I couldnt focus, and I was completely non-functional.

Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Visit SerenitysWave's homepage! Find more posts by this user  

SolarLife
Newly Joined

Sun October 22, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Takes away my edginess and makes me feel content. Reduces jitters of Adderall.
CONS: None thus far

While I am being treated for ADHD (w/Adderall), OCD & anxiety (w/Prozac), Clonazepam was prescribed PRN (as needed). I've needed it daily at about 0.25mg twice a day. My doctor thinks this need will decrease as my Prozac dose is slowly increased. But on the whole I like Clonazepam with no side effects.

Meta

Tue October 17, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 5 

PROS: reduction of anxiety and panic attacks
CONS: tiredness, shortness of breath

Definitely helped with my anxiety; had been having rebound anxiety with xanax which I previously took.

maddie423
Newly Joined

Mon October 9, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: helps with anxiety, even if you just take it once at night
CONS: insomnia if you go off it, addictive

To Angelic- Klonopin is totally different than SSRIs. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, though. What I like about klonopin for anxiety, as opposed to antidepressents, is it works instantly. You don't wait two weeks and then mess with the dose and then wait and tinker some more. Within in an hour of taking the drug, you will feel it. It's definitely a fuzzy, tired feeling, but not as bad as atavan (in my opinion) or sleeping drugs like ambien. So anyway, if you have a bad reaction to it, no problem. The very next day you stop and it is out of your system in another day. I think this is better than an SSRI if you are afraid of that.I love klonopin. I know our society likes to bash psychotropic drugs, but it really does allow me to function and enjoy life in ways that were never possible before becuase of anxiety and panic attacks. I have very severe panic attacks, that can leave me just miserable for days after, and so it's nice to have something that consistently halts them and then lets me wake up the next day and get on with life. It also helps with sleep a little, but I'm to the point where I can't sleep without it. As opposed to an SSRI, it's also nice that you can constantly adjust the dosage to fit whatever your needs are. My doctor trusts me and so lets me kind of play it by ear, just don't ever take more than you need! It is very addictive!

Anonymous
Sun October 8, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 0 

PROS: dont know yet
CONS: dont know yet

I had a terribly experience with an SSRI and am terrified to take any other meds, my dr prescribed clonazepam however some reassurance that i *shouldnt* have the same terrifying experience as i did with the other med would be great anyone interested in helpin'? I suffer from Panic Disorder & Agoraphobia... It's just been diagnosed and I'm on my way to treatment, fearfully...

Sun September 24, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 8 

PROS: relieved anxiety so I could sleep
CONS: none that I can remember--it's been about 10 yrs. since I was on it. Don't remember why I quit taking it.

Seemed to work on anxiety.

darkeyes
Elder

Fri September 15, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Excellent for addressing anxiety/panic attacks,and is non-drowsy compared to it's cousin,Ativan (better for evening) it sort of works like a time release method,soit subtly lasts during most part of the day.
CONS: Can't think of any,except some people may not take as directed and risk addiction.

Like any med prescribed,take as directed from your physician. Benzoadepines,like many other medications, can be addictive if abused.

Thu September 14, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 9 

PROS: Stopped my GAD and Panic Attacks, Helps when dealing with memories, helps with sleep(though not sleep so much asthe others.)
CONS: tolerance had to be ramped up eventually.

This med was the only one which stopped my anxiety attacks. Ativan actually aggravated my heart palpitations and made me feel very strange.I have been taking this semi regularly for over two years now and find that the average dose i need to take when in crisis, is about 1.5 -2 mg.

eskielover
just me wantng to be free

Thu September 14, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 7 

PROS: mild effect on anxiety level
CONS: required higher & higher level for relief

I was provided this medication from my pdoc's samples, costing me nothing. I was dealing with an extreme level of anxiety. Because the anxiety level was so high & the situation that was causing it was impossible to deal with, the klonopin had no effect on my anxiety level. I tried increasing the amount & still found no relief.

bigdog1263

Tue September 12, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: $90.00| Rating: 7 

PROS: longer half life...maintains a nice level
CONS: not good for "crisis" or intense anxiety episodes

not too effective for aniety peaks . makes me walk into things

DizzyLizzy

Mon September 11, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: It works! (and it works quickly and then keeps working for a long time)
CONS:

I have had a lot of success with Klonopin. It helps me fall asleep every night, and I take a half dose as needed for panic/anxiety and it works great then without making me drowsy.

jennie
Poohbah

Sun September 10, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 4 

PROS: reduction of panic attack symptoms
CONS: zombie drug . . . loss of independence, need a caretaker

All the other PTSD patients I saw taking Klonopin (and Seroquel) were zombies! It's a nice work day for the mental health professionals treating inpatient psych patients doped up on those two drugs.I was told to take Klonopin every day (along with Zoloft, Desyrl, Seroquel, Artane, propranolol, and also six non-psych meds). Klonopin works for extreme anxiety, but at what cost? It costed me my independence. I couldn't function at work. I couldn't drive without feeling intoxicated. But, I didn't have a panic attack. I'd rather panic attacks than risk the lives of others with me being behind the wheel. NO KLONOPIN FOR ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! However, I'm not completely anti-psych meds. Ativan is a better choice for me.

lenjan
Grand Magnate
Managing Editor, PC

Sat September 9, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 3 

PROS: works reasonably well on anxiety
CONS: doesn't work fast enough

I have tried a majority of the benzos, and Klonopin is my least favorite. It works, but only eventually. When I'm in the middle of a panic attack, I want relief NOW, not 45 minutes down the road.

kimmydawn
Legendary

Fri September 8, 2006 Recommended? Yes | Total Spent: None indicated| Rating: 10 

PROS: Relieves anxiety, helps with sleep when in pain
CONS: None

This medication was given to me as a part of my pain management. I don't take it regularly...only when very anxious and can't sleep, or when pain is high after meds to help with sleep.There are times (very few) I've taken it during the day. The great thing is that during the day, I can break it in half and take a smaller amount so as to not feel too sleepy.It works every time for either of the two reasons that I might take it for(possibly because I don't take it regularly).

Post A Review 

Page:  1 · 2 · 3