Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Relationships & Communication

advertisement
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #1

Demeanor falling asleep at the office

My Mood:

20 hugs
given
Angry need to vent- my boyfriend is driving me CRAZY!!!!!

I just need to vent.. im so mad with my boyfriend.. i love him so much, i do.. but he just gets under my skin and makes me completely insane!!!.. we've been together for 22months now.. and for pretty much the entire time he has been unemployed, so meaning i have been supporting him. he sleeps all day while i work 2 jobs.. and still that is not enough to get us thru the month as we both battle with speed addiction and he has a gambling problem as well. things are usually fine with us, but every once in a while i get fed up with all the struggling and i want things to change.. and then he gets mad with me cos he feels like im blaming him for everything being so ****..
he tends be become unaffectionate often.. and our sex life has now become once every 2 or 3 weeks.. WTF!!!! i'll go out of my way to look for a job for him,im exhausted when i get home from work and i still have to take of making dinner or cleaning the house. he's home all day and he cant get his lazy *** up out of bed to do the dishes or clean up abit..
im so tired of arguing.. like today we are arguing cos i yelled at him yesterday coss i dont want to do speed anymore, im tired of being broke and tired,, i got home and i was so tired and dizzy i fell asleep...
today he woke me up by yelling at me, cos all i was doing was trying to cuddle up to him in bed before i had to get up for work, but because im so tired and dizzy i twitch when i fall asleep.. so my twitching kept him awake so he yelled at me.. so i yelled back, saying he can just go back to sleep when im at work anyway so what the hell is his problem..
we havent had money to buy food, so i know he's at home hungry,so i asked my brother to go to my house and take my boyfriend some food.. so beacuse my brother is unfortunately crap with keeping time.. he is late ...so now im getting yelled at by my boyfriend cos my brother hasnt been there yet to take him food,..
flippin ungratefull!!!!
while speaking to him on the phone, i ask him questins ans he doesnt respond.. so i raise my voice asking why he isnt responding, so he says he didnt hear me.. each time.. he doesnt hear me.. so i said ok so ur not actually listening to anything that im saying.. so he huffs and puffs and puts the phone down..

urghhhhh!!!!
im so over this crap!!!
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Magnate

allme is wanting to feel like a good person

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,011 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: need to vent- my boyfriend is driving me CRAZY!!!!!

Ok, so firstly, the speed, as you already know, isn't doing you or your boyfriend any good. In fact, it will be having a detrimental effect on both your lives. I know this because I have also gone through the same addiction. It causes all sorts of problems and the main one being with your moods. It also made me suicidal.

You can't control what your boyfriend does but you can certainly control what you do so seek some help and come off that horrible drug.

allme is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

catsrhelm has no updates.

My Mood:

25 hugs
given

I am in agreement with allme. However, I would dump him and consentrate on my health for a while if I was in your shoes.
catsrhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
EBD8 Desperately needs to quit smoking

My Mood:

This not a healthy relationship for either one of you. There is no room for self improvement especially for you since you are wanting to change. He's not going to do anything unless he is forced to. You have probably told yourself this over and over already. It make take a while longer before you become totally fed up. Just don't wait until he keeps you down and you fall apart too. Best of luck
Levothyroxine .125 mcg
Vistaril 50mg
EBD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Elder

~Christina is doing.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
2,100 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I agree with the others .. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to put up with anything they do or don't do.

Get help and focus on yourself, you deserve better.
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
Grand Magnate

Illegal Toilet is a stupid name, when you think about it.

3 yr Member
84 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeanor View Post
I just need to vent.. im so mad with my boyfriend.. i love him so much, i do.. but he just gets under my skin and makes me completely insane!!!.. we've been together for 22months now.. and for pretty much the entire time he has been unemployed, so meaning i have been supporting him. he sleeps all day while i work 2 jobs..
Have you asked him why this is? Try to be open and pleasant and curious about why he is sleeping in on a daily basis and maybe you might get some answers?

Quote:
and still that is not enough to get us thru the month as we both battle with speed addiction and he has a gambling problem as well. things are usually fine with us, but every once in a while i get fed up with all the struggling and i want things to change.. and then he gets mad with me cos he feels like im blaming him for everything being so ****..
Clearly you both need to work on your addictions, particularly since you are in a relationship because this means that one addiction contributes to the other. Have you considered some time apart so you can work on this?

Quote:
he tends be become unaffectionate often.. and our sex life has now become once every 2 or 3 weeks.. WTF!!!!
How often would you like to have intercourse with him? Have you discussed this?

Quote:
today he woke me up by yelling at me, cos all i was doing was trying to cuddle up to him in bed before i had to get up for work, but because im so tired and dizzy i twitch when i fall asleep.. so my twitching kept him awake so he yelled at me.. so i yelled back, saying he can just go back to sleep when im at work anyway so what the hell is his problem..
It sounds like he should be more understanding of your need to cuddle, particularly since he is able to sleep when you are at work. Although, if you are criticising him for sleeping during the day if probably doesn't make sense for you to use it as a reason?
Illegal Toilet is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
wisedude has no updates.

Well amphetamine addictions are no joke. Its very serious.

Your boyfriend does not work, and has not worked recently, he sleeps all day, I mean he is basically a complete incompetent loser- just being frank.

Your boyfriend is a mental health invalid. He should go back and live with his mummy to look after him (if he has one).

I understand you have an addiction, but at least you work.

You must have very low self esteem to be with such an incapable guy. Get help for your addiction, stop using speed, and get a guy who is actually supportive, not some loser that sleeps all day, and that basically you have to look after!

Your boyfriend is pretty pathetic- no offense. You can do better.
wisedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
who reads this, anyway?

Yoda misses Dusty :(

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisedude View Post

You must have very low self esteem to be with such an incapable guy. Get help for your addiction, stop using speed, and get a guy who is actually supportive

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #9

tacoqueen1993 has no updates.

My Mood:

1 hugs
given

whats the point if he isn't being affectionate, and drives you up the wall, and is unemployed.
Sometimes you have to deal with yourself before you handle taking care of a man child haha
tacoqueen1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
Magnate

allme is wanting to feel like a good person

My Mood:

3 yr Member
1,011 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

The boyfriend is probably all those things because of the drugs. But first you need to get yourself off them.

allme is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: