Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Health & Other Support > Recession, Layoffs and the Economy

advertisement
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #1

whisperfades has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Default Wish I had the money to go to school

And the time to go.I have work,but it'd be better if I could get more hours and a better job.If I could find the time to do school and work too ,I could get off these jobs I have nowcfor a better paying one.
whisperfades is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
Community Support Team

splitimage Doing intesive therapy - My brain hurts.

My Mood:

8 yr Member
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Wish I had the money to go to school

Could you take out a loan? Borrowing money for further education is one of the few times I will borrow money as I see it as an investment. Working and going to school is tough but it's doable. I did my MBA part time, while working full time. And then took another three years of study to get my accounting licence, again all while working full time.

Once I find a job again, and pay down most of my debts that I've accumulated while being unemployed, I'm planning on starting a post graduate certificate in taxation as that will make me more marketable as an accountant.

--spitimage

I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun. From my favorite hymn.

Please visit my recovery blog: http://www.backfromthesidelines.com
splitimage is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 11:25 PM   #3

whisperfades has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Default Re: Wish I had the money to go to school

Ill check into that.I think my credits messed up cause my mom used my credit to get a credit card and then couldnt pay it off.When I was in georgia I worked at the publix grocers stocking shelves plus I was going to nite school to get my g.e.d and working under the table for a bar near my house cus I knew the owner.But still needed stuff so mom used my credit for things.Big mistake I know.Out here its been part time jobs and side stuff like baby sitting but Im socking away the money for a car. Then I spose I can get a better job.But where I am is spread out so transportation is hard.it just limits the jobs.
whisperfades is offline   Reply With Quote