Unread 05-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Grand Poohbah

nonightowl misses her best friend and his kitties :-(

My Mood:

5 yr Member
1,005 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Question If you could time travel, would you want to go to the past or future?

If it was possible to travel through time, would you rather go back and do some things differently, since they say "hindsight is 20-20"? Or would going to the future be better, so you can see the outcome of various things going on in your life? Then, you know not to take that job, not to answer that legitimate looking e-mail, etc.

The assumption here is that you could do either one, not both, but then of course return to the present time. Yes, everything affects everything else in someway or another, and changing one thing will set off a chain reaction. Yes, the "present" was at one time the "future", as recently as a few seconds ago! LOL Yes, I know that if you travel to the future and back to the present time, you are also traveling to the past.

That being said, this is meant to be a "light hearted thread" and not triggering in anyway. Think of the movie "Back to the Future" with Michael J. Fox when he met his PARENTS as teenagers. LOL

"Darn...What chapter was that in?"
nonightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Grand Member

trevorzero has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
Default Re: If you could time travel, would you want to go to the past or future?

Hi, Owl

I don't know how "lighthearted" this response is, but what I would do is go back to when I was 14 years old, or so, and inform my younger self that I was bisexual. It took me so many wasted years to figure out who I was that I missed out on many fine relationships and experiences that I might have had if I had just understood myself better.

It might even make an interesting movie. The only problem would be finding a boy handsome enough to play the younger me.
Unread 05-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
Grand Poohbah

chalmette70043 has no updates.

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Default Re: If you could time travel, would you want to go to the past or future?

I would go back to 8/28/05 and would have stayed home. Dave and i would have gotten drunk and stoned and passed out and i wouldnt have made it to the present.
chalmette70043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
Anonymous28301
Anonymous28301 has no updates. Edit

((((chalm))))

id go back in time.. although im not sure where to.. there are too many things that went wrong in life that made life suck that id want changed that im not sure which one id go for first..
other than that id go back to when operation ivy (band) were together and go watch them play live..
Unread 05-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Legendary Wise Elder

(JD) holds a PhD but is medically retired from practice.

My Mood:

10 yr Member
857 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

FUTURE! As a faither in the rapture, and that it is imminent, to go just a short way into the future would put me with GOD!

Job 6:14 (NASB)
“For the despairing man there should be kindness from his friend;
So that he does not forsake the fear of the Almighty.

(JD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #6
Administrator
Community Support Team

sabby Who am I? I'm me. Why am I here? Because I'm nowhere else.

My Mood:

8 yr Member
3,087 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

For me, I don't want to go into the future. I like the idea of not knowing what's around the bend. To me it is kind of an adventure to see what the next day, week, month, year brings my way.

I find that I trust myself to know enough (or be able to get the answers if I need them) to know how to handle whatever comes my way. That's not to say it will be easy at every turn.

If I were to go back in time, I would not wish to visit my current life, but would rather seek out if I lived in other times and if so, where. Who was I? What did I do, how did I live, stuff like that.

sabby
sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #7

claudiac has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!
Ooo Re: If you could time travel, would you want to go to the past or future?

HI ... happened to be passing by, when I noticed this interesting theme. And I don't know what I would want to do. Going back isn't always the answer. If it's one thing I've learned is that sometimes you just can't go back. It wouldn't be the same, because I'm a different person now, so going back knowing what I know now would be a little weird.

Going forward, however, interests me more. Do I ever go to Hawaii to that place I'd like to go? Well, let's find out. Do I like it there? Oh, I do. I love it! OK so I'm on the right track with that. What about this guy I'm with now. Does he fall in love with me. Do I with him? Oh, he does! I do! Well, I'll have to make a good effort now then, won't I?

You see? Much more interesting possibilities in the future.

claudiac is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
who reads this, anyway?

Yoda misses Dusty :(

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

I would definitely choose the past but not sure which year. I would like to see my grandparents again. Also I miss my college boyfriend and wonder what would have happened between us if I hadn't dropped out of college.

Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #9
Poohbah
Luce has no updates.

5 yr Member
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I would go back to when I was very young... maybe three or four years old.
I would find the child me.
I would hold her so tight, for so long, and tell her that she is so, so loved.
I would tell her I believe in her. That she has everything she needs within herself, and it will be enough.
I would tell her I will always be there for her - within her - and *I* will be enough.
I would tell her she is so precious, so loved, and nobody can ever take that away from her. No matter what the others say or do, they are so wrong. They cannot change that basic truth - she is precious, so lovable, so loved...

I would give her that gift of knowing those things; place them in her heart and hold them there.

I would probably not be able to leave, knowing what she would have to endure, knowing how overwhleming the task ahead would be. I don't think I could leave her there alone. I don't think I could walk away, knowing what I know. I think I would stay.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #10
Elder

Blue93 has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member PC PoohBah!

hmm going to the future maybe.
see if it's worth the travel to get there