Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Treatments and Self-Care Strategies > Psychiatric Medications

advertisement
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Poohbah

Moreta can't stop pulling her hair.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
93 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Latuda for Depression and Agitation

Anyone take Latuda for depression and agitation? My pdoc gave it to me today, and I was just wondering if anyone else tried it. I thought he might take me off one, but he wanted to see how a month on it would go. Hopefully it will replace the Geodon. He's starting me out at 80 mg for a week, then up to 120 mg, cause I take Tegretol and it lowers the effectiveness of the Latuda.
Moreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 08-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #2
Grand Magnate
Community Liaison

DePressMe in bat country

My Mood:

5 yr Member
273 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Latuda for Depression and Agitation

Moreta, I have not tried Latuda. I take Depakote and lamictal as mood stabilizers--they help with my depression and anxiety. I also take Seroquel for anxiety but it comes with some side effects unlike the lamictal and depakote....I think Latuda is a newer drug so maybe it would have fewer side effects. good luck......D.

...just keep it between the lines!
DePressMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Anonymous33130
Anonymous33130 has no updates. Edit

Moreta,
I'd be very interested in hearing updates if you continue Latuda. I am on day two of 20mg. I do continue to take Seroquel (25mg) at bedtime (that's when I take Latuda) and have permission to "play with up to 75mg of Seroquel if I have difficulty sleeping. I am hopeful Latuda will help me with my mania/hypo and my slight depressive symptoms that follow those episodes (I rapid cycle). Not many people are on this "new" med. I'm having difficulty getting any advice, experiences, or thoughts on Latuda. Hope it works for you. Please post updates if you continue to use it. Good luck!
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Grand Poohbah

Secretum has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member
756 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'm hoping to get off Latuda soon, as it makes me feel *more* depressed and agitated. It gives me a general restlessness feeling, and makes me uninterested in anything but sleep.

This is just my experience; you may have better luck.
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #5

Mystical17 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Surrender View Post
Moreta,
I'd be very interested in hearing updates if you continue Latuda. I am on day two of 20mg. I do continue to take Seroquel (25mg) at bedtime (that's when I take Latuda) and have permission to "play with up to 75mg of Seroquel if I have difficulty sleeping. I am hopeful Latuda will help me with my mania/hypo and my slight depressive symptoms that follow those episodes (I rapid cycle). Not many people are on this "new" med. I'm having difficulty getting any advice, experiences, or thoughts on Latuda. Hope it works for you. Please post updates if you continue to use it. Good luck!
I have been on Latuda for 2 weeks now & it is working great ~ NO side affects whatsoever... and I am NOT gaining weight ! I hope you have the same experience!!
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #6

Mystical17 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreta View Post
Anyone take Latuda for depression and agitation? My pdoc gave it to me today, and I was just wondering if anyone else tried it. I thought he might take me off one, but he wanted to see how a month on it would go. Hopefully it will replace the Geodon. He's starting me out at 80 mg for a week, then up to 120 mg, cause I take Tegretol and it lowers the effectiveness of the Latuda.
I have been on Latuda for 2 weeks now & LOVE IT.... I am taking depakote, Pamelor, & Latuda for severe mental illness & this combinaton is awesome... my family totally agrees ~ good luck!
Unread 09-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Chupacabra has no updates.

Default Latuda for Depression and Agitation

I've been on latuda (40mg) since I think July. I take for bipolar, however. Along with trileptal 900mg & seroquel 100mg. The latuda has treated me very well. Most stable I've been in a long time & I haven't had any sort of side effects from it. Only problem is that my insurance doesn't cover it, so were fighting with them & bombarding them with appeals. Thankfully my doc is loaded with samples.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Hugs from:
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
Legendary
Community Liaison

gayleggg Seeing the light.

My Mood:

4,050 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I understand that, my pdoc is starting me on Latuda, but I looked up cost and cannot afford it. He knows I have insurance, can't understand why he would put me on this.

Dx: Bipolar II

Meds:
Clonazepam (Klonopin) .5 mg 3X daily, as needed, Ritalin (Methylphenidate) 10mg AM, 5mg 12PM, 5mg 3PM, Fetzima 80mg daily, Saphris 5mg at bedtime, plus Warfarin, and several heart related meds

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. Buddha (BC)
gayleggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #9

High Etiquette Determined

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretum View Post
I'm hoping to get off Latuda soon, as it makes me feel *more* depressed and agitated. It gives me a general restlessness feeling, and makes me uninterested in anything but sleep.

This is just my experience; you may have better luck.
I have tried Latuda and got an interesting feeling the first day or two I took it. After this I got the same effects as this person I am quoting here. I tried Welburtrin/Latuda/Seroquel/Geodon/Abilify/Zoloft/Paxil. My current med is Abilify.

Like Secretum said though, hope you have better results.
High Etiquette is offline   Reply With Quote