Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Treatments and Self-Care Strategies > Psychiatric Medications

advertisement
Unread 03-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #1
rainwater has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Wink Overmedicated..

Hello All,

I have come to realize what I have really deep down been aware is the fact I have been Overmedicated for the past 25 years.. I know that my Bipolar state is "severe" but doesnt change the fact of feeling numbed out and so fatigued as the result of all of these medicines..lithium, lamictal, klonopin, trazadone, cymbalta having to take sedative doses of them all to control my Anxiety mainly. I have difficulties socially causing alot more of the anxiety so the reason why docs keep me on the sedated side of life. I have an 18 year old and single parented her with all of the fatigue that I am sorry she had probably felt emotionally neglected by my problems. Though, she could depend on my being there which I feel happy to say. Maybe someone can relate with my experiences a little bit. rainwater
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #2

OneRiffTooMany A fresh new year to all

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Default Re: Overmedicated..

Yaah,
Only in my early 30's on numerous different meds over the last fifteen years,
hate too say it but I am but a puppet of the mental health system.
who am I ? who was I ? am I who I was or was I who I am hmmmm.
yeah I hear ya. My body is in need of a 12 mnth detox, each time I'm prescribed a med to treat a certain area of menatl health I start to notice I begin suffering symptoms of what the med is suppossed to combat, Im on anti depressants hence If I were to come off them I will have contracted severe depression. These guys dont know enough about the human mind to be that naive as to assume that there prescriptions are going to show sufferers light and the end of the tunnel, the government does not have the time or money to be bothered to sort beyond good and evil, too much money in the industry. Sick get sicker & and the unsick get unsicker...
ppfff listen to me bable on lol
have a nice day
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #3
Grand Magnate

disguise123 fearful but finding courage

3 yr Member PC PoohBah!

its a scary thing thing to realise you have been over medicated.
But then I look back I realise there were times when it was important that I was slowed down so much.........
I hope you find the answers u are looking for.
disguise123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member
lotusflames has no updates.

My Mood:

5 yr Member

i currently take 3 things and my (now left) cpn threw at me that she thinks i'm over medicated. however, how do i know what is doing what? and if i stop it, will i just get ill(er) again?
lotusflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
rainwater has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member

Thanks Guys, yes a puppet on a string is how it feels alot of times.. lets all hope and pray someone finds a better understanding of how to treat these disorders. I must say, of all the meds for my severe bipolar disorder including antipsycotics, Lithium extended release.. is the best mood stablizing drug ever made.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote