Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > Personality Place

advertisement
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Anonymous33206
Anonymous33206 has no updates. Edit

Default NHS Personality Disorder test?

I was diagnosed bipolar but then I mentioned that for three months I shoplifted. My pdoc then jumped on the BPD bandwagon and sent a letter to my gp saying he thinks I have it and should go for a test

I am scared of this bcos apart from the shoplifting (which I was able to stop almost immediately) I don't have any traits of it, but im scared that the test might be more a case of "which disorder do you have" rather than "do you have any personality disorder"

so was wondering if anyone here was English and whether you've had this test? I want to take it if it is to decide whether or not you have a disorder, but not so much if theyre think "you definitely do, but which one"

any info would be good.
Unread 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Anonymous327401
Anonymous327401 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: NHS Personality Disorder test?

Hi Cally,

I have BPD and was diagnosed in 2008 by my Pdoc, I was seeing him roughly 3 months before he decided that I did have BPD he did not mention anything about shoplifting though, I had never heard of BPD at the time, Mine was diagnosed as I was having suicidal thoughts, Self harming, Mood swings, I felt numb, Anger and I am very impulsive. I did shoplift as a child but not now.
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Pandita-in-training

Perna is feeling.

8 yr Member
433 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

I'd call and ask someone that deals with the NHS mental health services, who might know more about the test, when it's used and what it does? Patient advice and liaison service - West London Mental Health NHS Trust
Unread 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Anonymous33206
Anonymous33206 has no updates. Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
I'd call and ask someone that deals with the NHS mental health services, who might know more about the test, when it's used and what it does? Patient advice and liaison service - West London Mental Health NHS Trust
good idea, thanks
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #5

Waelwulf has no updates.

I have had this test and it seemed to me more of a labelling test rather than diagnostic. I was labelled as StPD at first but later on BPD by the same test. personally i don't think i fit either.