Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Other Mental Health Discussion

advertisement
Unread 03-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
jewel2560 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Attention Issues with Change

I cannot deal with change, even if it is positive. My early onset bipolar started when my family moved when I was 13.
I was doing well for a while, and now I have a lot of changes happening all at once including moving and dealing with a puppy. Once we closed on the condo I actually started crying hysterically. Now the idea of picking out appliances and packing all of my belongings, while working and puppy watching is making me start to lose it. I am so stressed out, crying often, and screaming and snapping at people. It is only getting worse. Any advice on how I will get through the next 3 months or so?
Julie

Best HP Quote Ever: Book 7: "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"- Dumbledore.

DX: Bipolar 1, Anixety/Panic Disorders, Borderline Personality Disorder, and quite a few health problems.

RX: Lithium 900mg, Paxil 20mg, Xanax XR 1mg, Trileptal 300mg
jewel2560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Anonymous32825
Anonymous32825 has no updates. Edit

Default Re: Issues with Change

Hi Julie,

I hate change, I used to cry even when we would switch projects at work, and I had a low stress job, so I totally get you.
I moved into my condo about 10 years ago but for me it was awesome being on my own...now it's changed so much (the area outside it and everything breaking inside it) that I hate it and I wish I could sell it but I am stuck, which I think I hate even more.
Anyway, I tried the puppy thing too....and I was on my own with her and also had the stress of my cats reacting badly. Can anyone help you with the puppy during the day, or are you on your own? You said "we" so I assume you are not on your own. Puppies demand so much attention, esp. if not housebroken. (I returned mine back to the rescue org I got her from after crying for a week.)
I can't tell from what you posted if you are in school or working? And are you seeing a therapist or taking any meds already to help you out? Oh nevermind I see your list of meds now...do you think they are not working like they should? When you moved did you move away from friends/family? Trying to see if you have a support system!
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
jewel2560 has no updates.

My Mood:

2 hugs
given
Default Re: Issues with Change

Hi, I am on medications and I see my therapist every once in a while, neither seems to help with stress like this really. And I said we because my parents are helping me buy/renovate but I do live alone with the puppy now and will in the new place. None of it seems to help my stress for long. If I had to do this move alone I couldn't do it. I feel kind of pathetic honestly that I turn into such a mess crying and getting bitchy over this but I have always been this way and I need it to stop, or at least get better.

Best HP Quote Ever: Book 7: "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"- Dumbledore.

DX: Bipolar 1, Anixety/Panic Disorders, Borderline Personality Disorder, and quite a few health problems.

RX: Lithium 900mg, Paxil 20mg, Xanax XR 1mg, Trileptal 300mg
jewel2560 is offline   Reply With Quote