Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Other Mental Health Discussion

advertisement
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
Fleury29 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default I give up..

I'm tired of being treated like dirt by everyone and not really understanding why, I'm tired of having to fight for the simplest of things I'm tired of nothing in my life ever seeming to go in any direction but down. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, how I act it's always going to be groundhog day. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do before I completely lose it?
Fleury29 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Legendary Wise Elder &
Senior
Community Liaison

Travelinglady says, "New and need help? Contact us Community Liaisons!"

My Mood:

3 yr Member
9,410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: I give up..

Have you seen a therapist/counselor? I find going to one very helpful. I don't know what else is going on with you, except things aren't going well, you say. I encourage you not to give up. Be nice to yourself and try to find some fun things to do to cheer yourself up, even if it's renting a movie, and getting some popcorn and a soda.
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
Community Support Team

shezbut will be starting DBT group again this week! ;)

My Mood:

5 yr Member
10,638 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

It's kind of tough for me to give you some specific advice to follow, as I don't know anything about you really.

Are you working or going to school full time?

Are you an adult or a teenager?

Are you being treated crummy by everyone in life ~ friends, family, and co-workers, or are you talking more about people that you truly care about?
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
Fleury29 has no updates.

My Mood:

I'm an adult going to school and working. It seems to be everyone it's like they instantly judge me for things and I always go around wondering what thing ill mess up next without intending to. It's gotten so bad lately that when I'm home i don't come out of my room very much. I avoid all possibly avoidable social situations. I don't really know if its worse or if I'm feeling it more lately with all the extra stress.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
Community Support Team

shezbut will be starting DBT group again this week! ;)

My Mood:

5 yr Member
10,638 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Fleury,

Thank you for describing the situation a little more ~ I appreciate it!

Your description sounds like anxiety to me. Have your co-workers or customers judged your work poorly and shared that with you? Or are you assuming that they are talking smack about you when they glance at you and then laugh or roll their eyes and grunt?

Personally, I have worked under very stressful conditions as a waitress for a few years and in offices for a few years. Both situations were horrible for me at times!! When I worked in an office; What got me through those really dark times was working from moment to moment, day by day. I'd take my breaks outside and go for walks along the park every day to get me through. There were times that tears welled up in my eyes & I seriously wanted to leave and never return, but I knew that I could not give in to the fear. Because if I did, my fear would only grow stronger. That, I knew.

I also went to therapy weekly and took a daily anti-depressant (even though I was still a bit anti-medication back then...I was pretty desperate!) to help me through every day. After several more months, I was finally in a better position, and found a better job opportunity for me that happened to be closer to my apartment as well. So, I was finally able to quit that darn office job!

I had overcome my major panic disorder, which is how I learned not to avoid stress. What had begun as a seemingly simple thing to me, avoiding a certain type of person, soon led to me avoiding pretty much everybody! I was always in a panic, whether I was alone or with someone as I feared the next attack. It was crazy ~ I couldn't do anything for 3 years because I was that paranoid that I was going to die, I was crazy, or something else. It wasn't funny at all!!

Horrible situation ~ I feel for you. Thank goodness that part of my life is long gone. I sure as heck won't ever forget it though!! I hope that this response has helped you a little bit. Get some help. If you don't want to call a helpline tonight, call for help tomarrow. Okay?
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Fleury29 has no updates.

My Mood:

I think i have aspergers, but I've noticed like at work, it seems like if I do anything at all it is wrong, and it always seems like people are TRYING to get me into trouble by getting me to say things so they can report it to whoever, no body bothers telling me what I can do to do better, they just seem to have fun making my life miserable. Most of the time since I know my boss knows I'm trying to do my job, I'll say whatever will get people to leave me alone fast enough so I can go back to doing my job. It's not even a job I'd consider that important anyway, it's not like the fate of the world is riding on our shoulders. But these people act like it is. But it's not just work, and I don;t know if it is all in my head or not, but as I said I think I have aspergers which makes it hard for me to do certain things socially, which could lend to some of this. I Don't understand if people don't like what you're doing, they don't tell you hey could you do it just a little bit different? That's what is making it hard for me, it seems like they want me in trouble, rather than trying to help me figure out what won't tick off people. I've tried just being anti social, I've tried talking to people, but when I talk to them its like they talk to me if A: they need me to do something, B want me to say something that could get me into trouble. It's just too long to get to deep into, but I'm tired of trying to figure out how to make these people happy, and have just decided that they care way to much about things that are none of their business. Is that most every ones experience? People are more willing to get you into trouble rather than help you from not?