Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > General > Other Mental Health Discussion

advertisement
Unread 07-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #1

Caramel has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member
Default Cost of the Amen Clinic

I have had some people ask me the cost of going to the Amen Clinic and they have seemed hesitant to ask. It is $3,325.00 for the whole evaluation. Sometimes medical insurance will help pay for the cost. I have a $5,000 deductible on my medical insurance so it wasn't helpful.

I know this isn't inexpensive, but I had spent more than this trying to get help at home. I put the amount on a credit card, but I am finally seeing some improvement in how I feel.

The first day at the clinic I had the concentration SPECT brain scans. You are given a concentration task before the scan. The second day I had the resting SPECT brain scans and met with a historian. You sit in a quiet room with dimmed lights before the resting scan. The historian took the most comprehensive medical and psychological history I have ever had. The third day at the clinic I met with a psychiatrist who went over the results of my brain scans and outlined my treatment program.

The professionals at the clinic spent a lot of time with me and it was an amazing experience! I have posted my brain scans on my blog if you are interested in seeing them; http://escapefromdepression.blogspot.com. You are welcome to ask me any questions you have about the Amen Clinic, or go to www.amenclinics.com. I went to the clinic in Newport Beach, California.

Thanks!
Caramel

concepts from the books, The Power of Now and A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle

The Amen Clinics use SPECT brain scans to help diagnose and treat psychiatric diseases.
To learn more go to: www.amenclinics.com

I went to the Amen Clinic in Newport Beach, California in March of 2010. I am not well yet, but I am making good progress.
If you are interested, visit my blog at http://escapefromdepression.blogspot.com.
My brain scans are posted in Chapters 11 & 13.

Caramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Grand Magnate

Rhiannonsmoon Fighting a depressive attack

My Mood:

5 yr Member
14 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: Cost of the Amen Clinic

Sounds great Caramel, and the information you have psoted so far is going to be very helpful for a lot of people. We don't have that particular health clinic in Oz but there are others which do the same treatments and I'm sure they are helpful...I'm hoping to go to one in about 12 months time, that is the time frame I've given myself to get over the agoraphobia enough to actually get some real (not just meds), treatment; thanks for giving the run down so far and the fact that you are prepared to post your whole treatment regimen is very helpful for people like me so that we know at least some of what will happen and have time to get used to it rather than stress about what we might be facing,

Heartfelt thanks for this,

Rhian

Peace, the deep imperturbable peace is right there within you, quieten the mind and slow the heart and breathe...breathe in the perfume of the peace rose and allow it to spread throughout your mind body and senses...it can only benefit you and those you care about...I care about you
Rhiannonsmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #3

Caramel has no updates.

My Mood:

3 yr Member

Hi Rhiannonsmoon,

Thank you for your reply! I wish you well in overcoming agoraphobia and your plans to obtain more treatment. I am interested to know what you decide to do and how it works out.

Caramel

concepts from the books, The Power of Now and A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle

The Amen Clinics use SPECT brain scans to help diagnose and treat psychiatric diseases.
To learn more go to: www.amenclinics.com

I went to the Amen Clinic in Newport Beach, California in March of 2010. I am not well yet, but I am making good progress.
If you are interested, visit my blog at http://escapefromdepression.blogspot.com.
My brain scans are posted in Chapters 11 & 13.

Caramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
TheByzantine
TheByzantine has no updates. Edit

Thanks for the information, Caramel.

Good luck, Rhiannonsmoon.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Underhill has no updates.

My Mood:

8 hugs
given

I hope you're still on this thing-- I noticed the post was from 2010. I am thinking of going to the Amen clinic because there is some disagreements amongst different doctors about whether I have depression or bipolar II. Did the treatment plan work well, in the end? Is it worth the money to go? Thanks!
Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
The ghost at #1

George H. one eye crying

My Mood:

2 yr Member
3,303 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underhill View Post
I hope you're still on this thing-- I noticed the post was from 2010. I am thinking of going to the Amen clinic because there is some disagreements amongst different doctors about whether I have depression or bipolar II. Did the treatment plan work well, in the end? Is it worth the money to go? Thanks!
That member hasn't posted here nor updated his/her blog in 2 years. I don't think you're going to get a reply.
I'd be wary of this and other new age pseudo-science programs.
Daniel Amen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Skeptical View of SPECT Scans and Dr. Daniel Amen
Daniel Amen is the most popular psychiatrist in America. To most researchers and scientists, that’s a very bad thing. - The Washington Post

était-ce un rêve?
était-ce juste un rêve?
George H. is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says: