Psych Central

Go Back   Forums at Psych Central > Mental Health Support > OCD and Trichotillomania

advertisement
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
rep97 has no updates.

My Mood:

Default OCD getting worse

Ok I have ptsd but it seems my ocd is really getting out of hand. I know certain things have caused the ocd to skyrocket but even though I am trying it is not slowing down. I am on a waiting list for therapy and it is gona take a while so in the mean time I don't know how to cope with this. When I don't get to wash my hands or do certain rituals it is like I have lost all hope and I feel out of control, despondent and anxious and panicky. But I calm down a bit when I do the rituals but again there are certain triggers that change my mood for worse and it is my family and relatives etc but it is out of my control and I am trying to fix or get rid of the issues. In the meantime is there anything I can do?... I know ocd is hard to bring to control but just thought I'd post cuz I am really at my wit's end.
rep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Legendary Wise Elder &
Senior
Community Liaison

Travelinglady says, "New and need help? Contact us Community Liaisons!"

My Mood:

3 yr Member
11,635 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Re: OCD getting worse

I really don't know what to suggest off hand. Is it possible to deal with the rituals in some other way, such as washing your hands using hand sanitizer? And trying to stay away from the relatives or at least minimize your time with them?
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
OCD4ever has no updates.

It's all about finding the right medication that has your name on it. Keep trying the meds until you feel connected to it. Can't get better without meds. I tried Luvox and it made my world change but others made me worse. So don't give up and realize that this ocd stuff is not your fault!
OCD4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #4

sassymck has no updates.

My Mood:

I've been told to try really, really hard not to engage in the rituals as they just reinforce the ocd--or at least minimize the amount of times you engage in them. It has been suggested I write down how many times I wanted to do something and how many times I did it. I am to commend myself for not always feeding the compulsion. Distraction for me is my greatest ally--something that can really occupy my mind intensely. Come here; read and reply to posts. Post yourself. Do something that captivates you; interests you keenly. Meds will help of course. Things will work together to make you feel better. All the best to you.